Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

When was the last super enjoyable win?

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,487 Standard Supporter

The most crispy of sunny, fall days...UCLA in 2017

That camera angle! Jeez, you must be tall.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    2016 Colorado - showed everything good and bad about the program. Good defense with a pedestrian offense. I miss that defense
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,019 Founders Club

There's something missing here but I can't quite put my finger on it.
    Lol. I took this pic 2 years ago and just now noticed that.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,539 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2019
    2016 Stanford was the most fun of the Petersen era. Was there. Was rockin'. Every other conference game I've attended during Petersen's tenure has been a loss (Cal and Oregon '15, USC '16). I've had plans to attend more games since then, but the team has been so maddeningly frustrating to watch since that I've not wanted to waste my money. Almost bought season tickets for this year and I'm SO glad that I didn't.

Gladdy, I've been beating this drum for years, to the point where I'm no longer making it a priority in my life to watch these games. I'll watch if I have absolutely nothing else to do or on replay if I read that they did really well and won against a team that matters. Or the Apple Cup because those are funny. For the last three seasons, I watch a loss, and I'm bitter and angry afterward. I watch a win, and I'm frustrated and angry afterward. After watching this team play, I'm just not somebody my family wants to be around. Petersen's offense turns every game into a hate watch, making every fucking thing look so damned HARD. And it goes all the way back to the very first game of the Jake Browning era, a very winnable game against a top-25 Boise team: inside Boise's 15 yard line, Doog legend Lenius is lined up iso on the outside against a--no shit--5'8" corner. It's first down in the red zone, and they don't try throwing the ball up out there even once. Get stuffed, kick field goal, lose by 3.

2014 was a throwaway year because of Miles arm-punting passes off the turf all season, but there's no excuse for much after that, and each season has been its own little taste of misery, with only Gaskin and Ross providing occasional relief.

Rutgers, Stanford, Oregon, and P12CG 2016 were fun (the latter because defense, dominant running game, and the passing difficulties being understandable due to how good Colorado was in the back end and how they sold out to stop the pass). Oregon 2017 was fun. All Apple Cups have been fun. Can't think of another game in the Petersen era that I both cared about and wasn't pissed off by. There's just always so much that's left on the table, win or lose.

This season has been especially hard to watch because now there's not even a defense you can at least count on enjoying for their half of the game to balance out the offensive goat fuck.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,486 Founders Club

Yella was wearing lifts
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,019 Founders Club

Yella was wearing lifts
    @DerekJohnson I should make Pumpeii and offer her can't refuse: If he buys a Wam Membership I will take him on the field for the next Blanket game.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,757 Founders Club

Yella was wearing lifts
    @DerekJohnson I should make Pumpeii and offer her can't refuse: If he buys a Wam Membership I will take him on the field for the next Blanket game.
    He should buy a Wam membership, but not be allowed into the Wam. Do we really want him shitting all over that board too? That is, if he can even find it.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,539 Swaye's Wigwam
    If my wife passes out early Saturday, I might turn on the end of the Colorado game, check the score, and continue watching if it looks worth it. Otherwise, I'm out 'til Apple Cup.

At this point, it's the Holiday Bowl against B1G #5 (Michigan or Wisky) at best if Oregon or Utah make the playoffs, and more likely the fucking Redbox Bowl against B1G #8 (Illinois--HA!--or Indiana). Do I really want to watch the former plunger or the latter who gives a shit and possible embarrassing loss? Probably not.
  • DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 708
    The USC win and subsequent implosion of Sark.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,997 Founders Club

Yella was wearing lifts

Yella was wearing lifts
    Take @Swaye instead
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

2017 UCLA. Crisp and sunny fall afternoon. Blanket game. We never beat the Bruins.

I was there!
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    HuskyJW said:

Look how many times UW has beaten USC in your life

It ain’t many

Sark beating the trojan in a horribly ugly game was pretty enjoyable, for sure.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,486 Founders Club

Yella was wearing lifts
    I just saw this. Yes that sounds good. That's if the cranky bastard ever logs back on.