Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fake news. Paying their fair share?

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
edited November 2019 in Tug Tavern

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I thought the New York times was failing. Seems to me they are making money.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,141
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Seems like they aren't paying any income taxes. But like all good leftards, they would if only someone with a gun makes them. They also are typical leftard hypocritical bitches.
  • Options

Seems like they aren't paying any income taxes. But like all good leftards, they would if only someone with a gun makes them. They also are typical leftard hypocritical bitches.

They are paying the taxes as required by law. How hard is that to understand?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

I thought the New York times was failing. Seems to me they are making money.

I knew you’d meltdown
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

It’s easy to understand. Same with Amazon. Same with trump. Right Hondo?
  • Options

2001400ex said:

As always, you miss the entire point of the article and the point of my discussion on the topic. You are better than that Mike
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2019
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

As always, you miss the entire point of the article and the point of my discussion on the topic. You are better than that Mike
    As always, you shill for a leftist rag and are a hypocrite. Which was the reason I posted the FedEx comment. It’s like a moth to a flame and I knew you’d prove my point. Leftist shill.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,914
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Take the bet or shut the fuck up.
  • Options
    pawz said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

#triggered
  • Options
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

#triggered
    Coward. Take the bet or shut the fuck up.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

As always, you shill for a leftist rag and are a hypocrite. Which was the reason I posted the FedEx comment. It’s like a moth to a flame and I knew you’d prove my point. Leftist shill.
    Here Mike, I'll post relevant information for you. Maybe you'll read it but I doubt it. Either way, fed ex seems butthurt by facts.

Nearly two years after the tax law passed, the windfall to corporations like FedEx is becoming clear. A New York Times analysis of data compiled by Capital IQ shows no statistically meaningful relationship between the size of the tax cut that companies and industries received and the investments they made. If anything, the companies that received the biggest tax cuts increased their capital investment by less, on average, than companies that got smaller cuts.

FedEx’s financial filings show that the law has so far saved it at least $1.6 billion. Its financial filings show it owed no taxes in the 2018 fiscal year overall. Company officials said FedEx paid $2 billion in total federal income taxes over the past 10 years.

As for capital investments, the company spent less in the 2018 fiscal year than it had projected in December 2017, before the tax law passed. It spent even less in 2019. Much of its savings have gone to reward shareholders: FedEx spent more than $2 billion on stock buybacks and dividend increases in the 2019 fiscal year, up from $1.6 billion in 2018, and more than double the amount the company spent on buybacks and dividends in fiscal year 2017.

A spokesman said it was unfair to judge the effect of the tax cuts on investment by looking at year-to-year changes in the company’s capital spending plans.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2019
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Here Mike, I'll post relevant information for you. Maybe you'll read it but I doubt it. Either way, fed ex seems butthurt by facts.

Nearly two years after the tax law passed, the windfall to corporations like FedEx is becoming clear. A New York Times analysis of data compiled by Capital IQ shows no statistically meaningful relationship between the size of the tax cut that companies and industries received and the investments they made. If anything, the companies that received the biggest tax cuts increased their capital investment by less, on average, than companies that got smaller cuts.

FedEx’s financial filings show that the law has so far saved it at least $1.6 billion. Its financial filings show it owed no taxes in the 2018 fiscal year overall. Company officials said FedEx paid $2 billion in total federal income taxes over the past 10 years.

As for capital investments, the company spent less in the 2018 fiscal year than it had projected in December 2017, before the tax law passed. It spent even less in 2019. Much of its savings have gone to reward shareholders: FedEx spent more than $2 billion on stock buybacks and dividend increases in the 2019 fiscal year, up from $1.6 billion in 2018, and more than double the amount the company spent on buybacks and dividends in fiscal year 2017.

A spokesman said it was unfair to judge the effect of the tax cuts on investment by looking at year-to-year changes in the company’s capital spending plans.
    Hondo meltdown. I was right

So you quote the NYTimes article as facts that FedEx is disputing. Brilliant

So FedEx paid taxes. Got it.

Now dig into the NYTimes

Hopefully the debate happens. Doubt it will.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,283
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    2001400ex said:

But compassionate lefties only pay when forced or it benefits them as a massive tax deduction.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Now dig into the NYTimes

Shocking that you miss the actual point of the argument. As always.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Now dig into the NYTimes

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Now dig into the NYTimes

You don’t have an argument. As usual.

Not shocking.

Melted down, as I predicted. That’s the point.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Now dig into the NYTimes

Another of Hondo's dodges when he has nothing.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Now dig into the NYTimes

Can you not read this thread. My point is clear. Surprised you don't have a clue either.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Now dig into the NYTimes

Can you not read this thread. My point is clear. Surprised you don't have a clue either.
    I read it, you got your lying ass handed to you.