Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

9 game win streak vs Colorado

2»

Comments

• AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,102 Swaye's Wigwam
    2 things from this thread.

Rick ran UW into the ground, though the team that he left Gilby after he was fired a month before the season had a Heisman candidate at QB, and an All American candidate at WR, was preseason #14, and Gilby lost 6 gaymes with it.

And it's obvious James never had to compete with a GOOD Colorado squad.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,675 Founders Club
    Alexis said:

Rick ran UW into the ground, though the team that he left Gilby after he was fired a month before the season had a Heisman candidate at QB, and an All American candidate at WR, was preseason #14, and Gilby lost 6 gaymes with it.

Just the national championship Colorado team
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,285 Founders Club

Alexis said:

Rick was nothing special but he would have done better than 6-6 with that team. Gilby was unbelievably bad. Him and Ty ran UW into the ground, not Rick.
    Gilby and Ty were awful head coaches, the worst Husky Head Football Coaches in my lifetime, but that slide started with Rick. Under his watch, the team morphed into a Charmin soft shell of its former self. I don't hate the guy, but failing to recognize the damage he did and the downward trend he started is a bit puzzling.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    Do u jokers have a pass rush

If so then you get to witness bad montez

Cuz he fucking sucks
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

Alexis said:

Rick was nothing special but he would have done better than 6-6 with that team. Gilby was unbelievably bad. Him and Ty ran UW into the ground, not Rick.
    Gilby and Ty were awful head coaches, the worst Husky Head Football Coaches in my lifetime, but that slide started with Rick. Under his watch, the team morphed into a Charmin soft shell of its former self. I don't hate the guy, but failing to recognize the damage he did and the downward trend he started is a bit puzzling.

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter
    edited November 2019

Do u jokers have a pass rush

If so then you get to witness bad montez

Cuz he fucking sucks

Axe you’re boy Luton

FYFMFE bitchfork get rid of the Beav avi already. Mods?
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Rick is the best HC UW has had since Don James.

Pete will probably pass him, but as it stands right now, nope. So far Pete is better than Sark who was better than Ty.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Pete will probably pass him, but as it stands right now, nope. So far Pete is better than Sark who was better than Ty.

I don't hate the guy, but failing to recognize the damage he did and the downward trend he started is a bit puzzling.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    dnc said:

I don't hate the guy, but failing to recognize the damage he did and the downward trend he started is a bit puzzling.
    He went on to do shitty at UCLA too. Judging everything, it’s pretty easy to conclude that he’s not a very good coach.

Pete is way better. Not even close.

dnc said:

He went on to do shitty at UCLA too. Judging everything, it’s pretty easy to conclude that he’s not a very good coach.

I think Pete is a better coach and yes UCLA confirmed RN wasn't good.

I don't blame anyone for ranking UW RN higher than Pete though because RN has a RB and Pete doesn't.

I'm in the minority that thinks 2016 would have beaten 2000 but hypotheticals don't mean as much as trophies do and RN has the trophy.

Pete will get his before he's done though.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,540 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

I don't blame anyone for ranking UW RN higher than Pete though because RN has a RB and Pete doesn't.

I'm in the minority that thinks 2016 would have beaten 2000 but hypotheticals don't mean as much as trophies do and RN has the trophy.

This time last year, I'm right there with you. I'm no longer all that confident. I'm increasingly thinking that this year was the window to at least keep the program rolling, and it emphatically closed. It's hard to overstate the program momentum that was lost due to what's transpired on the field this year. Short of a disastrous situation at quarterback (which the Huskies are at least as likely to be facing next season), I don't see Oregon going anywhere. And USC could be Back as soon as next season with the right hire. Petersen's been able to book consecutive trips to NY6 games in spite of laying some turds on the field in each of the last two seasons due to just how historically bad the conference has been, but this state is changing rapidly. The path to a meaningful postseason is about to become a lot more difficult, and Washington no longer has the title of "premiere program in the conference" to help keep them on top of that challenge from a talent perspective.

At this point, I think it's no better than 50/50 that Petersen wins a NY6 bowl at Washington before retiring or moving on.
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,102 Swaye's Wigwam

Alexis said:

I was trying to say there that the thought that RN ran UW into the ground is suspect in my mind, since the team he left could have easily won 9 games if he would have coached it rather than Gilby. (But I suck at typing things so I failed) I put the blame 30% Lambo, 30% Gilby and 180% ty because he is a fucking fuck. I give Rick very little blame, and to this date he is still the only coach that has any idea what to do in the last 3 minutes of a game.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Rick won 10+ games once at UW in his four years. Pete did twice. Rick wasn’t going to win 10 again at UW either. The arrow was pointing down. He wouldn’t have gone 1-11 in 2003 like Gilby, but he would have probably won less than 6 games.
    Alexis said:

Alexis said:

I was trying to say there that the thought that RN ran UW into the ground is suspect in my mind, since the team he left could have easily won 9 games if he would have coached it rather than Gilby. (But I suck at typing things so I failed) I put the blame 30% Lambo, 30% Gilby and 180% ty because he is a fucking fuck. I give Rick very little blame, and to this date he is still the only coach that has any idea what to do in the last 3 minutes of a game.
    Less Lambo more Gilby for me.

Lambo sucked but Gilby kilt UW as badly as Ty did.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    dnc said:

dnc said:

I actually did this poll and 2016 had about 81% of the vote, so you are in the heavy majority on that one. CSIK.
    Gladstone said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

I actually did this poll and 2016 had about 81% of the vote, so you are in the heavy majority on that one. CSIK.
    I bet those results would be different now that everyone hates Pete but I could be wrong.
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    edited November 2019
    dnc said:

Gladstone said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

I bet those results would be different if poled in 2003 but I’m pretty sure that’s impossible.
    #recencybias