Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Samuel Peacock, 2020 3* OL, Gig Harbor (HS), WA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    He reminds me a bit of Mele.

He’s a better TE prospect than Overman lmfao.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

He reminds me a bit of Mele.

He’s a better TE prospect than Overman lmfao.

Overman is better than West. West is purely a blocker. If he’s not really good there, he’s worthless.
  • Options
    TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 465
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Athletic and threw the shot almost 60’ as a junior. Sign him up!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Too bad he is going to be soft caz huff is no bueno at developing guys
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FirePete said:

I dont think we have enough evidence yet for that to be certain. Hilbers and Kirkland have developed pretty well under Huff and Mele has looked solid as a rsFr backup. Wattenberg seems to be improving. Adams has gone backwards but some of that could be injury setbacks and possibly some mental fatigue (the guy was supposed to be one of the top OTs in the draft two years ago and is now still having to hang around).

Overall, OL play has not been a huge issue for us this year. Next year we'll know a lot more when we have Huff's guys taking over at 3 of the OL spots.
    We have one of the biggest OL in the nation and we still have hard time rolling people over
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,630
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

NEsnake12 said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

I dont think we have enough evidence yet for that to be certain. Hilbers and Kirkland have developed pretty well under Huff and Mele has looked solid as a rsFr backup. Wattenberg seems to be improving. Adams has gone backwards but some of that could be injury setbacks and possibly some mental fatigue (the guy was supposed to be one of the top OTs in the draft two years ago and is now still having to hang around).

Overall, OL play has not been a huge issue for us this year. Next year we'll know a lot more when we have Huff's guys taking over at 3 of the OL spots.
    We have one of the biggest OL in the nation and we still have hard time rolling people over
    Since when has size ever been directly correlated with run blocking? What you gain in length you sacrifice in leverage unless you’re a freak athlete who can play low and still maintain power
    Its almost like people forget point 2 of the original 5 reasons...

2. Offensive Line - We average a weight of 332 lbs across the line. they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. Atoe, Brostek. Dolbec, Dean. Ikehara, Schaefer etc. These boys have the attitude and are ready to rumble.

@MikeDamone taking the year off from mass poasting 5 reasons is likely the biggest reason for this years letdown.
    Da'bone has never been a team player.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    We haven't done a great job run blocking this year. At times okay but not overall great.

Size plus athleticism plus mental makeup plus scheme and coaching equals performance.

Huff has recruited well but jury is still out for his development.
  • Options
    blackmambablackmamba Member Posts: 184
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2019
    I don’t know,” he said. “We just operate such a different way, so when it happens to the guys that have been committed to us — why would you be calling those kids? They’ve been committed to us forever. But they do. And they’re sending texts and doing all this stuff just to see if there’s any slight change (of a change of heart), and if there is — look out. I think it’s hard. These are kids. And even the families that are going through this stuff for the first time. But it’s the nature of the beast.”
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

PWO?

Nope. Scholarship. Not sure why we're not offering Levi Rogers if we're gonna take a 5th (6th if you count Mason West) OL
    “UW decided they needed a 5th offensive lineman due to some possible attrition at the position “
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PWO?

Nope. Scholarship. Not sure why we're not offering Levi Rogers if we're gonna take a 5th (6th if you count Mason West) OL
    “UW decided they needed a 5th offensive lineman due to some possible attrition at the position “
    At least one of the redshirt freshmen will skirt outta town. It’s very possible a true freshman will too. I think we really reached on two guys last year that might simply not have it in them to ever be a decent starter.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

PWO?

At least one of the redshirt freshmen will skirt outta town. It’s very possible a true freshman will too. I think we really reached on two guys last year that might simply not have it in them to ever be a decent starter.
    Names Roadie?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PWO?

Names Roadie?
    Ale, Kalepo, and Buelow. I really soured on Buelow when someone that watches the games in Hawaii said he was abused all game long. If he’s not good, Hawaii is a long way from home.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I hope Bain is staying. I know he was in the doghouse but he should be ready to be a starter next year.

It’s hard to really know, but I doubt they would take 5 this year without attrition.

Fautana, Kirkland, and Mele are three probably starters. Bain, Curne, and probably Muruao are battling for the last two spots.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,912
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I hope Bain is staying. I know he was in the doghouse but he should be ready to be a starter next year.

It’s hard to really know, but I doubt they would take 5 this year without attrition.

Fautana, Kirkland, and Mele are three probably starters. Bain, Curne, and probably Muruao are battling for the last two spots.

The fact that Bain played the entire game that one of the guys was out in makes me think hes out of the doghouse and us viewed as the next guy up for next year.. Agree on Buelow. He was a total project that was brought in because of his size. If it's clear that he has too far to go in development he might decide to take off. If things do click for him, he could be dominant