Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

From the mouth of the Baird

Okay, he's not the Bard, but nobody is or even comes close. I've been gorging myself on every article, commentary, story, and rumor surrounding this week's hiring of Chris Peterson. Most of you likely read this before I, but I think Coach Baird who next to Softy is my least favorite media personality covering Husky Football...... deserves a shout-out for the following quote in Percy Allen's Seattle Time's column:

" My reaction is USC tried to get this guy (Peterson) and they couldn't get him," Baird said. " So they took our guy (Sark) and we took the guy they wanted. So the irony of the whole thing is just ridiculous."

There's nothing ironical that happened Thursday evening here in Boise that could come close to Baird's ignorance as a self-proclaimed member of the PNW football coaching fraternity. Chris Peterson was ready for a change upward and intended or not, he called the play that got him the change he preferred by rejecting USC who really wanted Sark which quickly made the UW job available.

It all seemed logical to me, as I tossed and turned in my sleep last night struggling to avoid a succession of Husky Football wet dreams. I'm sure it would be the same for Coach if he could ever pull his head out of that dark KJR hole it's stuck in. He might then be able to get his mind around the whole affair as I have. Still, the Baird's quote is priceless and in my limited view deserves a rare shout-out for a Husky honk.

Now, I must go purchase a Sunday Idaho Statesman and gorge some more.

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,155
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    It's good to see you reinvigorated about Husky Football
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,634
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baird knew for years that Sark wasn't the guy and would bolt for SC. Nobody would listen.
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Why is Baird happy though? He told us for years you have to have coaching continuity to win.

You can't bake the cake and take it out before it's ready or whatever the fuck he was rambling about.

I can't wait for HHB's to bring up coaching continuity to that fucktard next year.

If you recall his almost complete turnover of staff from the original group of assistants he hired, Sark blew-up that whole continuity myth during his five years at Montlake. In a backhanded way, it was one of the things Sark did right....... in that after starting with a defective staff of assistants originally hired in 2009, he did make positive changes especially on defense where he apparently was totally clueless in starting his first head coaching gig. The only "continuities" Sark keep around to plague his program until he quit for the trip back to L.A. were himself, Nanson, and Cozzetto.

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    topdawgnc said:

I feel sorry for all the families. Coz's kids are going to starve!

how many kids are going to have to change schools and suffer disrupted lives due to Sark's greed and selfishness?

• Options

It's good to see you reinvigorated about Husky Football

It does feel good, I must admit. And I sense excitement in Seattle from my kids and grandkids. In regard the family, it's strange the affect the new stadium had on them especially the younger members of my crew. It was like "Grandpa, now that we have this great new place, how long do we have to put up with losing to Oregon and sloppy play against the coogs?" There's even talk about getting more tickets which we should probably do now before CP corrects a few things such as the offensive and defensive lines and special teams.

• Options
    LevelParLevelPar Member Posts: 447
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Testing 1
    Tailgater-Baird is just too confused to understand the complexity of this hire.
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Nobody was harder on Sark than Baird
  • Options
    trackertracker Member Posts: 866
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    LevelPar said:

Tailgater-Baird is just too confused to understand the complexity of this hire much of anything.

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    If you believe Petersen said no to USC, you're a dumb fucking Doog.

Pat Haden Fucking Stupid deliberately chose Sark over Petersen.
  • Options
    LevelPar said:

Tailgater-Baird is just too confused to understand the complexity of this hire.

Yes, but I got a kick out of Baird's attempt, which couldn't make-it through the uprights because you know the old saw about how to keep coogs out of your backyard....... erect goal posts.

• Options

I believe Haden was in Boise and interviewed Peterson on Sunday a day or so before it was announced that Sark had accepted the USC job. I also believe the report here in the Boise media that Petersen had withdrawn himself from consideration for the USC job before the Sark announcement. There are reports out of both Boise and L.A. that Petersen's interview with USC didn't go well, but two different stories are rumored as to why. From USC's perspective, they were surprised by how unreceptive Petersen was to accepting their terms and the story here in Boise is that Petersen could never accept Haden's conditions regarding media relations and public openness as contrary to his methods of coaching and managing a football program. Anybody who has interviewed from either side for a professional position knows that there are ways of saying no without even receiving an offer.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,547
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Haden went for the guy who "gets it" in regards to Trojan culture. Which is about the worst kind of hiring decision he could have made. Trojan fans "get it" about Sark. They don't care if Will "Washed Up" Farrell is on the sidelines.
  • Options
    PRedoubtPRedoubt Member Posts: 141
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    Sark's wife wanted beauty tips from Gaga on Rodeo Drive.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,155
    Founders Club
    When she got here in 09 she was a stunner.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Tailgater said:

I believe Haden was in Boise and interviewed Peterson on Sunday a day or so before it was announced that Sark had accepted the USC job. I also believe the report here in the Boise media that Petersen had withdrawn himself from consideration for the USC job before the Sark announcement. There are reports out of both Boise and L.A. that Petersen's interview with USC didn't go well, but two different stories are rumored as to why. From USC's perspective, they were surprised by how unreceptive Petersen was to accepting their terms and the story here in Boise is that Petersen could never accept Haden's conditions regarding media relations and public openness as contrary to his methods of coaching and managing a football program. Anybody who has interviewed from either side for a professional position knows that there are ways of saying no without even receiving an offer.

Petersen "withdrew" because Haden called him and told him no. That's how the coaching search game works. Letting a coach "withdraw his name" is a face-saving move.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

When she got here in 09 she was a stunner.

Well, from the looks of it, Steve must have gone Ike Turner on her.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,547
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ike Turner made worse decisions than Todd Turner
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

Ike Turner made worse decisions than Todd Turner

Disagree. Beating up Tina is forgivable. Hiring Ty, the 1961 retro national championship, and the oh-and-twelve are not.