Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Lakers update

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    March 1

Watched a lot of Lakers this year because how often is the GOAT your local team? Watched more games than since the last Sonic run with Gary and Shawn.

Decided Friday to watch my other local team the Clippers. According to the announcers they played their best game of the season. Crushed Denver. Really good team and better than the Lakers until they aren't

Denver is a pretender like most of the West.

Then @dnc 's Vancouver Grizz boatraced my Lakers. Ja Morant is the real deal.

Lastly I checked out Micro Ball. I don't believe in the Celtics or their college coach but the Rockets were impressive with a road win.

Close it our tonight with the fun to watch Pelicans against my Lakers.

The playoffs are still the Lakers and the Clippers deciding who plays the Bucks. Micro Ball on the outside looking in

The NBA is good these days. The Combine probably gets better ratings
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2020
    Rockets will beat a LA team this year and not win the West. You heard it here first. I’m gonna choose the Clippers.

Doc Rivers has always been a mediocre coach and their team is secretly worse than Kawaii’s Raptors were last year. Siakam is better (at least a push) than George. Lowry and Van Vleet are better than Lou Will, Beverly, and Shamat. Harrell is good, but I would rather have Ibaka and Gasol.

Opening the court for Westbrook should have been done by a team 5 years ago. His centers have always bogged him down. He’s been a top 3 player the past month and has steadily improved on the Rockets. He’s been killing. Shot selection and FG% are way better. He should quit shooting threes and can now that there is no center.

Everything the Rockets have done is smart. Harden is a lazy defender but really good in the post. Westbrook’s defensive rebounding masks the rebounding issues.

I hate D’Antoni but this is their best team, rather easily. They aren’t as dependent on Harden to score 40 because Westbrook can do it if Harden is off.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Zion is the real deal if he stays healthy which I still think is a big if. Good ballgame last night
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,486
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited March 2020

Zion is the real deal if he stays healthy which I still think is a big if. Good ballgame last night

He needs to lose 20 lbs, otherwise agree.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

That would help him stay healthy

19 year olds only get fatter and heavier as life goes on

He's a freak but its hard to see him 17 years from now still being MVP like LeBron
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I can see Zion having a shorter prime, but he’s a top 10 player as soon as next year. He’s basically unstoppable.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,821

He's a freak but its hard to see him 17 years from now still being MVP like LeBron

There's some precedent.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

There's some precedent.

#ThatsMyPrecedent

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,821
    dnc said:

There's some precedent.

#ThatsMyPrecedent

The Throbber would piss all over himself to lead Chuck's life.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Clippers at Rockets tonight

Bucks at Lakers Friday

Clippers Lakers Sunday

Nice weekend
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houston you got a problem
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Harden with a dud game. I still think they are going to be dangerous in the playoffs.

I still don’t trust the Clippers either. They are still the Clippers until proven otherwise. Your boy Paul George still has never won anything. Doc is overrated too. The Celtics the year they won we’re a great team led by the players. All were veterans hungry for a ring. Coasting all year before turning it on in the playoffs rarely seems to work.

The West has good teams, but I can see holes in all of them. The playoffs are gonna be good. When in doubt, I’m going with LeBron.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Paul George ain't my boy. He's my secret weapon for the Lakers

Kawaii is the dangerous one.

It will be a LA WCF

I want the Lakers but AD is kind of a pussy

He's the key
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Paul George ain't my boy. He's my secret weapon for the Lakers

Kawaii is the dangerous one.

It will be a LA WCF

I want the Lakers but AD is kind of a pussy

He's the key

I know he’s not. Agree about AD. The Pelicans were so bad with him that I do question if he’s overrated. The Lakers still suck when LeBron sits.

I think we will get disappointed and the LA WCF won’t happen.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm prepping to be disappointed as we speak
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Harden with a dud game. I still think they are going to be dangerous in the playoffs.

I still don’t trust the Clippers either. They are still the Clippers until proven otherwise. Your boy Paul George still has never won anything. Doc is overrated too. The Celtics the year they won we’re a great team led by the players. All were veterans hungry for a ring. Coasting all year before turning it on in the playoffs rarely seems to work.

The West has good teams, but I can see holes in all of them. The playoffs are gonna be good. When in doubt, I’m going with LeBron.
    They played so dogshit last night its hard to take anything real away. I know Ive said this ad nauseum but Moreys latest comments brought it up again. Everybody loves to shit on the Rockets for actually trying new and experimental things instead of just tanking. Most of the experiments will fail, but sorry for doing everything they can to win.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

They played so dogshit last night its hard to take anything real away. I know Ive said this ad nauseum but Moreys latest comments brought it up again. Everybody loves to shit on the Rockets for actually trying new and experimental things instead of just tanking. Most of the experiments will fail, but sorry for doing everything they can to win.
    @RoadDawg55 is on your side even though China hates Morey
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think Morey is good, but also an idiot. When buckets are hard to get, a reliable midrange game is still valuable. He’s too much of a numbers puncher and it hasn’t worked yet, but he doubles down even more every year.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

I think Morey is good, but also an idiot. When buckets are hard to get, a reliable midrange game is still valuable. He’s too much of a numbers puncher and it hasn’t worked yet, but he doubles down even more every year.
    Thats valid but its better than being the Knicks.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Thats valid but its better than being the Knicks.
    Or the Sixers for that matter

They are just as lacking in rings after the process and several losing seasons.

As Chris Petersen said, its hard. Really hard to win the NBA

We're discussing the Lakers and Clips. At least one of them aren't winning this year either