Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Lakers update

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,248
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Watched them play San Antonio and Dallas over the weekend

Dwight Howard is playing like he has something to prove and is great coming off the bench for Davis

Lebron is also looking a peak form and Anthony Davis is really fucking good on a good team

There is isn't a lot else. Kuzma is back and playing his way into shape. Rondo still out.

Let's play 30 or 40 games and revisit

Dallas has the whitest team since Bird and the Celtics but they can play. SA has the former Husky who I never saw play a Husky game and not a lot else

Comments

• Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Andre Iguodala’s buyout should be right around the corner and the Los Angeles Lakers will have the best chance of signing him once he’s bought out.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I see Dwight as the new J R Smith. And Lebron gets him a ring

I like to idea of adding to the roster with guys that will be play off tested
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Golden State is done. Clippers will be a challenge but Lakers will have the defense to beat them and Howard’s resurgence has been amazing. He will play his ass off for a ring
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    The Lakers should sign Jamal Crawford
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dude has never won anything. He’s a stats guy. Consummate pro, but never played any defense and really has never been efficient.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Both Doncic and Trae Young are great. I would Probably rather have Doncic, but Trae Young really is a young Curry.

Lakers are good. Bradley and Green were both good signings. Both play defense. Green can really shoot and Bradley isn’t horrible from the outside either. LeBron actually has good role players around him for once.

Davis is obviously good, but they weren’t going to be a threat without filling in the team around them. LeBron has typically sucked at that because he pressures his teams to sign guys that are either from Klutch or his buddies. Not this Lakers team tho.
  • Options

Dude has never won anything. He’s a stats guy. Consummate pro, but never played any defense and really has never been efficient.
    The only decent team he’s ever been on was the LA Clippers. MAYBE his Atlanta team was ok. He’s the depth piece that gets you buckets during the season so you can rest LeBron etc for hard playoff minutes. He’s instant offense. And a professional no drama presence in the locker room.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The only decent team he’s ever been on was the LA Clippers. MAYBE his Atlanta team was ok. He’s the depth piece that gets you buckets during the season so you can rest LeBron etc for hard playoff minutes. He’s instant offense. And a professional no drama presence in the locker room.
    Howard made the finals at Orlando
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Watched them play San Antonio and Dallas over the weekend

Dwight Howard is playing like he has something to prove and is great coming off the bench for Davis

Lebron is also looking a peak form and Anthony Davis is really fucking good on a good team

There is isn't a lot else. Kuzma is back and playing his way into shape. Rondo still out.

Let's play 30 or 40 games and revisit

Dallas has the whitest team since Bird and the Celtics but they can play. SA has the former Husky who I never saw play a Husky game and not a lot else

I love you @RaceBannon
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Anthony Davis is the best player in the world right now.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Both Doncic and Trae Young are great. I would Probably rather have Doncic, but Trae Young really is a young Curry.

Lakers are good. Bradley and Green were both good signings. Both play defense. Green can really shoot and Bradley isn’t horrible from the outside either. LeBron actually has good role players around him for once.

Davis is obviously good, but they weren’t going to be a threat without filling in the team around them. LeBron has typically sucked at that because he pressures his teams to sign guys that are either from Klutch or his buddies. Not this Lakers team tho.

I think where Trae and Curry really differ is that Trae is such a dynamic and elite passer. He’s more of a ball dominant guard than Curry is too.

I’d rather have Luka tho. Both are incredible
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I disagree that a 40+ year old Crawford adds much, of any value to a team like the Lakers that are chasing a title.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    The question here is how much does Bron have left in the tank? I think they're going to coast through the season. Will LeBron be able to play at this level in May and June?

If he is, and Davis stays healthy, they're the champs.

Like you said, check back in 40 games.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,052
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Golden State is done. Clippers will be a challenge but Lakers will have the defense to beat them and Howard’s resurgence has been amazing. He will fuck ass for a ring

• Options

I never said he was as good as a formal #1 pick.

But he’s one of the most prolific scorers in NBA history. Now more than ever this is an offense based league. That doesn’t change until the playoffs.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

But he’s one of the most prolific scorers in NBA history. Now more than ever this is an offense based league. That doesn’t change until the playoffs.
    Who are you talking about?
  • Options

Jamal Crawford ...

Who are you talking about???
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Jamal Crawford ...

Dwight Howard

We don't communicate anymore
  • Options

Jamal Crawford ...

Dwight Howard

We don't communicate anymore
    The thrill is gone???
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'd like to start seeing other posters