Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Anyone feel sorry for these pour porch pirates?

2»

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

It's clear to me the @Swayes like to fuck a lot.

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Another thing that's interesting about your graph is that you can apply the rankings in the graph to nearly every social ill or destructive behavior you can think of.

Criminal activity
    School drop out rats
    Murder and violent crime rates
    literacy rates
    hell they even apply to credit ratings.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

in a city of Dickensian extremes like San Francisco, whose influx of tech wealth is increasingly pitting suburban expectations against urban realities.

The bigotry of low expectations.

SFO hasn't been an affordable place to live for, at least, 3 or 4 decades right? Why do progressives think anyone has a right to live in the 2nd most expensive real estate market in the US?
    And the problem isn't poverty. It's junkies. The explosion in property crimes in SF are almost all entirely due to drug addicts anyone claiming it's people trying to get money to feed their children is just lying to you.
    You're just not very compassionate.

Sorry. I tried typing that with a straight face and just couldn't do it.

I'd make a shitty progressive.

The truth of the matter is that the people who truly lack compassion and don't really want to help people are the ones who excuse the behavior on account of race or poverty or capitalism or any of the other fucking excuses they come up with.

People will live up or down to the expectations you have for them. There has always been dirt bag losers in every society, the difference now is that we've made it easy for the dirt bag losers to live their dirt bag loser life and shockingly, we now have an explosion of dirt bag losers among us.

Punishment, and a clear message from society that their criminal behavior is unacceptable and will not be tolerated and if you engage in it you will be arrested and incarcerated would be far more compassionate and help more people than what we are doing now.
    At times I feel there's no other solution than to make a lot of the dirt bag losers, wards of the state- i.e., we'll put you somewhere safe with a comfy cot and 3 square meals a day and no drugs.
    We kind of used to do that.

The difference I would make is that I wouldn't jail mentally ill people who committed non-violent crimes, I'd put them in some kind of institution like we used to do but I would incarcerate everyone else who engaged in property and illegal drug use crimes. And no that doesn't include weed.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,005
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

in a city of Dickensian extremes like San Francisco, whose influx of tech wealth is increasingly pitting suburban expectations against urban realities.

SFO hasn't been an affordable place to live for, at least, 3 or 4 decades right? Why do progressives think anyone has a right to live in the 2nd most expensive real estate market in the US?
    And the problem isn't poverty. It's junkies. The explosion in property crimes in SF are almost all entirely due to drug addicts anyone claiming it's people trying to get money to feed their children is just lying to you.

The truth of the matter is that the people who truly lack compassion and don't really want to help people are the ones who excuse the behavior on account of race or poverty or capitalism or any of the other fucking excuses they come up with.

People will live up or down to the expectations you have for them. There has always been dirt bag losers in every society, the difference now is that we've made it easy for the dirt bag losers to live their dirt bag loser life and shockingly, we now have an explosion of dirt bag losers among us.

Punishment, and a clear message from society that their criminal behavior is unacceptable and will not be tolerated and if you engage in it you will be arrested and incarcerated would be far more compassionate and help more people than what we are doing now.
    At times I feel there's no other solution than to make a lot of the dirt bag losers, wards of the state- i.e., we'll put you somewhere safe with a comfy cot and 3 square meals a day and no drugs.

The difference I would make is that I wouldn't jail mentally ill people who committed non-violent crimes, I'd put them in some kind of institution like we used to do but I would incarcerate everyone else who engaged in property and illegal drug use crimes. And no that doesn't include weed.
    It's going to be expensive as fuck to build more prisons and mental hospitals, but then again so is the alternative of letting them have free reign to steal all of our shit and camp on the streets.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    From the the article: The "criminalization of poverty and addition"

Man there is a lot of liberal crap in that article. They all but excuse property theft, criminal behavior and drug use on poverty. And you wonder why we get more of the behavior despite decades of anti-poverty programs.

A poor person in SF who is truly trying to better themselves and isn't engaging in crime and drug use will practically be snowed under by the number of programs and $$$ that will be thrown at them in order to help them.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,922

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

It's going to be expensive as fuck to build more prisons and mental hospitals, but then again so is the alternative of letting them have free reign to steal all of our shit and camp on the streets.
    Lots of land out by Vantage. Build facilities all the way up to Ellensberg so they can hang out with AOG.

As the druggies complete specified treatment/rehab steps, they get moved closer to E-Berg. Then give them a one way bus ticket out of state and they can get warm in Cali with typhus boy.

Rinse.repeat.

• Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

It's a quality of life issue. First of all take all the money we're currently spending on the homeless and direct it toward that. In California prison are expensive because of how much we pay the unionized prison guards. Mental health facilities I agree, they will be expensive. Money well spent, and the bonus is that it's actually a function that government should spend money on.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,985

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Prisons we have. Mental hospital beds are down 90+ percent from the 60's.