Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tweet o’ the day- Jesus edition

Comments

• Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

GDS said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Things ignorant people say.

Go read the Queer'an and you can see for yourself that Mohammed was a bloodthirsty warlord who called for violence against the infidel, conquering his lands, raping his women, among other atrocities.
    I know what your news source tells you. You can also find the same shit in the Bible.
    Provide the bible quote where Christians are commanded to kill or enslave any one who isn't.
    Deuteronomy 17

If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.
    Umm...that’s a real gotcha there. Lol. Who wants to tell him?

Hint: Christianity didn’t exist when that was written.

If you’re going to be an atheist, at least be a knowledgeable one.
    Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
    If you’re using Mathew 5:17 to defend GDS’s Deuteronomy post then Mathew 5:17 doesn’t mean what you think it does.
    I don't bash Christians about the OT. I don't care because almost no one takes that stuff seriously as opposed to something like 20% (maybe more) of Muslims who interpret the Koran literally. But where exactly in the NT did Jesus say that OT rules in books like Leviticus no longer apply?
    Dude. Is that a serious question? Or have you spent literally zero time on this. I love us atheists, but ones who have zero knowledge of the Bible etc. are embarrassing. At least understand what you’re rejecting.

Look no further than the above mentioned Mathew 5:17 for your answer.
    It’s a honest question Damone. I don’t know scripture as well as a many of you guys. I’ve never studied the Bible that much and I wasn’t raised in a religious household. That said, one doesn’t need to be a theological expert to form a conclusion on whether God exists. You either believe or you don’t.
    The Christian books are choose your own adventure, they say whatever you want them to say. That’s why every Christian has their own snowflake version of beliefs.

Don’t be fooled by his act, he’s not an atheist. Look at the language he used. He thinks understanding the teachings of Jesus has something to do with atheism. He’s stupid. That’s why he doesn’t say a single fucking word throughout this thread about the sermon on the mount as sledog and obk embarrass themselves. He pretends to be some impartial observer but only attacks left ideas and never says anything about the right worse than “I don’t agree with that” and that’s even harsh for what he normally says.

If you pretend you’re in the middle but always side with the right, it makes the left seem “extreme”. But he’s just a republican theist.
    You still don't know what you're talking about though
    “Classical liberal” with the same shtick heard from.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,149
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

GDS said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Go read the Queer'an and you can see for yourself that Mohammed was a bloodthirsty warlord who called for violence against the infidel, conquering his lands, raping his women, among other atrocities.
    I know what your news source tells you. You can also find the same shit in the Bible.
    Provide the bible quote where Christians are commanded to kill or enslave any one who isn't.
    Deuteronomy 17

If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
    If you’re using Mathew 5:17 to defend GDS’s Deuteronomy post then Mathew 5:17 doesn’t mean what you think it does.
    I don't bash Christians about the OT. I don't care because almost no one takes that stuff seriously as opposed to something like 20% (maybe more) of Muslims who interpret the Koran literally. But where exactly in the NT did Jesus say that OT rules in books like Leviticus no longer apply?
    Dude. Is that a serious question? Or have you spent literally zero time on this. I love us atheists, but ones who have zero knowledge of the Bible etc. are embarrassing. At least understand what you’re rejecting.

It’s a honest question Damone. I don’t know scripture as well as a many of you guys. I’ve never studied the Bible that much and I wasn’t raised in a religious household. That said, one doesn’t need to be a theological expert to form a conclusion on whether God exists. You either believe or you don’t.
    Whether you think god exists or not doesn’t preclude one from understanding the Bible, it’s historical significance and the intricacies of the text. When people unabashedly put out what GDS did as some kind of gotcha moment it’s embarrassing.
    I didn’t say I’m not interested in understanding the Bible better, rather I’m saying I don’t have a good grasp on the texts compared to some here and will defer to @dnc or Race.

Furthermore, it’s not like there’s even agreement among Christians on the meaning of the texts and its intricacies. Hell, my 2 year goes to a day care in a church where they had a poster celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall riots.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2019

GDS said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Deuteronomy 17

The Christian books are choose your own adventure, they say whatever you want them to say. That’s why every Christian has their own snowflake version of beliefs.

Don’t be fooled by his act, he’s not an atheist. Look at the language he used. He thinks understanding the teachings of Jesus has something to do with atheism. He’s stupid. That’s why he doesn’t say a single fucking word throughout this thread about the sermon on the mount as sledog and obk embarrass themselves. He pretends to be some impartial observer but only attacks left ideas and never says anything about the right worse than “I don’t agree with that” and that’s even harsh for what he normally says.

If you pretend you’re in the middle but always side with the right, it makes the left seem “extreme”. But he’s just a republican theist.
    Why so angry? And you’re wrong. Angry atheists are the worst atheists. Just like angry Christians are the worst Christians. You’re really no different than a right wing Bible thumper. Two sides of the same angry coin.

Lol at always siding with the right. I started two threads today that flys in the face of that.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,915
    Swaye's Wigwam

GDS said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Deuteronomy 17

I'm not an atheist
  • Options

GDS said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Deuteronomy 17

Why so angry? And you’re wrong. Angry atheists are the worst atheists.

Lol at always siding with the right. I started two threads today that flys in the face of that.
    Incorrect. The worst kind of atheists are the fake ones.
  • Options
    Imagine thinking quoting Milton Friedman proves you don’t side with the right. Holy shit.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2019

GDS said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Deuteronomy 17

Whether you think god exists or not doesn’t preclude one from understanding the Bible, it’s historical significance and the intricacies of the text. When people unabashedly put out what GDS did as some kind of gotcha moment it’s embarrassing.
    Literally said the opposite a post earlier. Tell me Mike, do you have a firm understanding of every religion? Because you’re an “atheist” obviously you must understand every religion you’ve rejected.

Nope. Just Christianity mostly. Because of the culture I was raised in. I don’t agree with it, doesn’t mean I don’t respect it and understand others perspectives. You just come off as an angry prick. All major Religions have a lot to offer humanity. I don’t agree with the faith part, but I certainly understand the benefits of especially Judeo Christian scholars contribution and literature.

Proceed with your angry rant now. Shows just how immature you are in thought and respect toward others.
  • Options

GDS said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Deuteronomy 17

I'm not an atheist
    Did I call you an atheist? Father Time remains undefeated.
  • Options

“I did not come to abolish the laws of Moses or the writings of the prophets”

Jesus

JFC. are you that dumb?

GDS said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Deuteronomy 17

“respect toward others”
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Jesus

JFC. are you that dumb?

GDS said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Deuteronomy 17

“respect toward others”
    You really got me this time. JFC.
  • Options

Jesus

JFC. are you that dumb?

GDS said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Deuteronomy 17

“respect toward others”
    Very mature.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Jesus

JFC. are you that dumb?

GDS said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Deuteronomy 17

“respect toward others”
    Very mature.

Compelling.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,915
    Swaye's Wigwam

GDS said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Deuteronomy 17

I'm not an atheist
    Did I call you an atheist? Father Time remains undefeated.
    Early onset is worse
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2019

Imagine thinking quoting Milton Friedman proves you don’t side with the right. Holy shit.

Imagine not making an argument and going straight to an ad hominem. Holy shit. AllIdealogueAllLeftist
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

GDS said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Deuteronomy 17

It's almost like some people do the same with the Quran. And use those things to incite violence for whatever fucked up reasons they want.

Yes I'm talking about the "kill all infidels" crowd. Crack a book and educate yourself on the Quran, the historical significance, and the intricacies of the text.
  • Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

GDS said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Deuteronomy 17

Sled asked where in the bible it states to kill non-believers. Not the old testament, not the new testament, the bible. Don't bash me because Sled isn't able to ask a question in a coherent enough manner to get the pre-determined answer he was seeking.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,192
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    GDS said:

GDS said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Deuteronomy 17

Sled asked where in the bible it states to kill non-believers. Not the old testament, not the new testament, the bible. Don't bash me because Sled isn't able to ask a question in a coherent enough manner to get the pre-determined answer he was seeking.
    Don't bash me for your complete lack of knowledge on the subject.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,192
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    2001400ex said:

GDS said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Deuteronomy 17

It's almost like some people do the same with the Quran. And use those things to incite violence for whatever fucked up reasons they want.

Yes I'm talking about the "kill all infidels" crowd. Crack a book and educate yourself on the Quran, the historical significance, and the intricacies of the text.
    Read where Mooohamed basically said if your confused about my writings use my last teachings on the subject. He got a lot crazier and blood thirsty as he aged.
  • Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Sledog said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Deuteronomy 17

Don't bash me for your complete lack of knowledge on the subject.
    Projecting
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2019
    GDS said:

GDS said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Deuteronomy 17

Wrong. Sled asked “where are Christians are commanded to kill or enslave any one who isn't.”

Christians didn’t exist in the Old Testament. You sidestepped the question, now you are trying to reframe it. (Aka Hondo strawman)