Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

This year reminds me a lot of 2015

13»

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter

Houhusky said:

Meek said:

LOL at this fan base living more in the future than fucking Isaac Asimov did. Recruiting is always "next year or the year after" and then when we get that can't miss recruit he's all of a sudden not nearly as important as someone 2-3 years out. LOL. The team never lives up to expectations so it's always "well, i'm no longer pissed because in (insert future year) we'll definitely see Petersen (or Sark's, or Ty's or whatever) for what he is.

We are a middling program that used to be elite. It is not going back to elite.

LOL.

I only Chin'd from the Asimov reference

Otherwise, easy disagree, UW has the talent base, location, facilities to be a top 15 program every year.

Were not going to be an Alabama or USC but we aren't some Minnesota, Oklahoma St., or Colorado either.
    That faggot cabinboy is undefeated
    We would be too playing their schedule. With Cyler at QB. They suck
    All a team can do in a given year is beat who’s in front of them. Rowboat Homo has done that.
    Youre not wrong, and LIPO til Penn State.

I will be shocked if PSU doesnt win rather easily. Props to Row the Boat if he wins that game.
    I hope Penn State plungers Minny. Can’t stand that guy.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,203 Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

LOL at this fan base living more in the future than fucking Isaac Asimov did. Recruiting is always "next year or the year after" and then when we get that can't miss recruit he's all of a sudden not nearly as important as someone 2-3 years out. LOL. The team never lives up to expectations so it's always "well, i'm no longer pissed because in (insert future year) we'll definitely see Petersen (or Sark's, or Ty's or whatever) for what he is.

LOL.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Meek said:

LOL.

I’m with you on the stupidity and drama of recruiting. There are always good players available. Go get them. If you can’t get the top guys, evaluate your ass off and get good lesser ranked players. They are out there.

Thinking every loss hurts recruiting so badly is over dramatic. Of course winning helps, but recruiting is sales and there are always was to spin it. It’s very easy for a UW coach to point out the close losses and use them to tell a player we need them so we can win these games.

LIPO with the future of the team. The thought that we were going to always get a little bit better each year was stupid. It’s like that with every program except the very elite. We don’t know if this is a down year or the new norm. I personally lean more towards a down year.

The players that the TBSers were obsessed with are still on UW’s roster. A lot of them are young. We haven’t even seen some of them.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,033 Founders Club

Houhusky said:

Meek said:

LOL.

Otherwise, easy disagree, UW has the talent base, location, facilities to be a top 15 program every year.

Were not going to be an Alabama or USC but we aren't some Minnesota, Oklahoma St., or Colorado either.
    All a team can do in a given year is beat who’s in front of them. Rowboat Homo has done that.
    I thought you were making fun of me for a sec. I had to look up PJ Fleck and row boats.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter

Houhusky said:

Meek said:

LOL.

I thought you were making fun of me for a sec. I had to look up PJ Fleck and row boats.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,537 Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

I would at least wait to see if we bounce back and win out before I make that declaration.

It’s still Pete’s faggy overcomplicated offense. Defense will improve, but I have no faith that Pete will unfuck the offense. Only time it ever looked good was when we had 4.2 speed Ross and Tedford looking over Pete’s shoulder (presumably telling Pete his play call was fucking stupid).

Program is dead in the fucking water unless Pete looks at the man in the mirror and asks him to change his ways, or Jen grows a pair and fires his soft loser okg ass.

Cohen fired Romar knowing there would be some backlash. She has already demonstrated she's got strength
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited November 2019

Houhusky said:

Meek said:

LOL.

Youre not wrong, and LIPO til Penn State.

I will be shocked if PSU doesnt win rather easily. Props to Row the Boat if he wins that game.
    Penn State is about due for its two annual losses. It's not like their head coach is playoff caliber material. One loss is already in the bag against Ohio State. There's a good chance Minnesota knocks them off too.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

PurpleJ said:

I would at least wait to see if we bounce back and win out before I make that declaration.

It’s still Pete’s faggy overcomplicated offense. Defense will improve, but I have no faith that Pete will unfuck the offense. Only time it ever looked good was when we had 4.2 speed Ross and Tedford looking over Pete’s shoulder (presumably telling Pete his play call was fucking stupid).

Program is dead in the fucking water unless Pete looks at the man in the mirror and asks him to change his ways, or Jen grows a pair and fires his soft loser okg ass.

Cohen fired Romar knowing there would be some backlash. She has already demonstrated she's got strength
    That was pretty limited backlash. All the politics aside, it’s not that hard to fire a coach that won 2 conference games with the #1 pick in the NBA draft.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,537 Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

That was pretty limited backlash. All the politics aside, it’s not that hard to fire a coach that won 2 conference games with the #1 pick in the NBA draft.
    Fair enough, good point.