Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ban hammer

2»

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I’d think even the leftists here would find this disturbing. If they are being honest.

Which one? I guarantee you that IC doesn't have a problem with this. Scratch a liberal find a fascist
    The University of Washington College Republicans are no longer recognized as an official chapter of the national group on campus, as national and state College Republican leaders have deemed the UW group’s actions “hurtful and inappropriate.”

The national committee asked UW to take away the group’s status as a registered student organization, as first reported by The Daily of The University of Washington. The university is instead recognizing another club as an official chapter, and the UW College Republicans have the option to request to register under a new name, said university spokesman Victor Balta.
    Thanks for highlighting that cause i know Gay Bob got so triggered by the headline he didn't even bother reading the article. This decision came from the group's national committee, not form the UW.
    I said you wouldn't object to what was happening and I was right.
    If they did something awful enough where the national group says they shouldn't have a chapter at UW. Then I'd say their actions were severe enough to have consequences. Free speech is only free with respect to the government and doesn't mean there are no consequences for your actions.
    Like I said, you weren't going to have a problem with it.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,670
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2019
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I’d think even the leftists here would find this disturbing. If they are being honest.

Which one? I guarantee you that IC doesn't have a problem with this. Scratch a liberal find a fascist
    The University of Washington College Republicans are no longer recognized as an official chapter of the national group on campus, as national and state College Republican leaders have deemed the UW group’s actions “hurtful and inappropriate.”

The national committee asked UW to take away the group’s status as a registered student organization, as first reported by The Daily of The University of Washington. The university is instead recognizing another club as an official chapter, and the UW College Republicans have the option to request to register under a new name, said university spokesman Victor Balta.
    Thanks for highlighting that cause i know Gay Bob got so triggered by the headline he didn't even bother reading the article. This decision came from the group's national committee, not form the UW.
    If they did something awful enough where the national group says they shouldn't have a chapter at UW. Then I'd say their actions were severe enough to have consequences. Free speech is only free with respect to the government and doesn't mean there are no consequences for your actions.
    Scary stupid.

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Who told you that bullshit that free speech only pertains to the government?

You are clearly misreading what I said. You can't go tell your boss to fuck off and expect to have a job because of the first amendment. However you can tell the government to fuck off and not go to jail. Does that make it more clear?
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Scary stupid.

What exactly is the government taking from them in this case?