Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I’d think even the leftists here would find this disturbing. If they are being honest.

Which one? I guarantee you that IC doesn't have a problem with this. Scratch a liberal find a fascist
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

I’d think even the leftists here would find this disturbing. If they are being honest.

Which one? I guarantee you that IC doesn't have a problem with this. Scratch a liberal find a fascist
    The University of Washington College Republicans are no longer recognized as an official chapter of the national group on campus, as national and state College Republican leaders have deemed the UW group’s actions “hurtful and inappropriate.”

The national committee asked UW to take away the group’s status as a registered student organization, as first reported by The Daily of The University of Washington. The university is instead recognizing another club as an official chapter, and the UW College Republicans have the option to request to register under a new name, said university spokesman Victor Balta.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,670
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    HondoBros. Are all in just like the Soviet style impeachment hearings. Ban that which you disagree with. True colors coming out all around the country as the communists reveal themselves.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

SFGbob said:

The University of Washington College Republicans are no longer recognized as an official chapter of the national group on campus, as national and state College Republican leaders have deemed the UW group’s actions “hurtful and inappropriate.”

The national committee asked UW to take away the group’s status as a registered student organization, as first reported by The Daily of The University of Washington. The university is instead recognizing another club as an official chapter, and the UW College Republicans have the option to request to register under a new name, said university spokesman Victor Balta.
    Thanks for highlighting that cause i know Gay Bob got so triggered by the headline he didn't even bother reading the article. This decision came from the group's national committee, not form the UW.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Are you under some belief that I don't think that some Republican groups, especially those involved with Universities and Colleges can't be spooked into punishing people in order to curry favor with the campus Admin?
  • Options
    ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited November 2019
    Sledog said:

HondoBros. Are all in just like the Soviet style impeachment hearings. Ban that which you disagree with. True colors coming out all around the country as the communists reveal themselves.

You might take it up with the College Republican National Committee, who made the request of the UW administration to no longer recognize them as a chapter.

Regardless, I do wonder why the UW admin has any interest in being the arbiter here. In my day, if you could get a few people organized, you could be recognized as an organization and were entitled to student fee money.

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Some people here read the headline and not the article.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,670
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Can't have conservatives speak or hold any events because the commies commie.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Bob calls Republicans fascist. It's about time you call out your own.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,396
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2019

They're not.

Leftists hate liberty and free speech.

Why can't the revoked charter reconstitute as some other group exercising their rights to assemble and express themselves?

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Bob calls Republicans fascist. It's about time you call out your own.
    I call anyone who tries to squelch speech they don't like a fascist. I'm not boot licking lackey like you Hondo.
  • Options

They're not.

Why can't the revoked charter reconstitute as some other group exercising their rights to assemble and express themselves?

I'd read the article throbber.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

They're not.

I'd read the article throbber.
    I did too. They got their charter yanked. So what? That doesn't affect one's right to assemble or express themselves.

• Options
    ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

They're not.

The article says they can. And -wood- for the author.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Thanks for highlighting that cause i know Gay Bob got so triggered by the headline he didn't even bother reading the article. This decision came from the group's national committee, not form the UW.
    I said you wouldn't object to what was happening and I was right.
  • Options
    ramenduck said:

They're not.

The article says they can. And -wood- for the author.
    Then they should if they so desire.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,610
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lots of college kids get their charter yanked. Quite common really

• Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

If they did something awful enough where the national group says they shouldn't have a chapter at UW. Then I'd say their actions were severe enough to have consequences. Free speech is only free with respect to the government and doesn't mean there are no consequences for your actions.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

If they did something awful enough where the national group says they shouldn't have a chapter at UW. Then I'd say their actions were severe enough to have consequences. Free speech is only free with respect to the government and doesn't mean there are no consequences for your actions.
    Who told you that bullshit that free speech only pertains to the government?