Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

“Zach Moss gain of 7”

Comments

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,349 Swaye's Wigwam

I think Pete gets a signature win for his program and squeaks by the Yoots.

The defending P12 Champions tell you to fuck off
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,000
    HuskyJW said:

I, too, think Washington wins this one.

On Pac 12 review, everybody in the world was celebrating Huntley hitting a guy with three steps behind the DB as if it were the second coming of Dan Fouts. JFC so he's finally hitting the broad side of a barn. Terrific.

If Washington commits to slowing (they won't stop) Moss, their DBs can hang one on one. If Washington can somehow limit Moss I can almost guarantee that Huntley will not beat them.

Hard to tell how Washington will do against the Ute defense. They lost to USC, so they are beatable. I hardly count them as a juggernaut.

I really do take Washington in this one.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I like to think that with two weeks to prepare, the D will have some tricks up their sleeve to stop the run

I think we saw part of the trick against Oregon. Take an ILB out and Latu. We basically play a 5-1 front.

Tuli should play a lot too. He’s coming along and is the type of space eater we need inside. He should basically play as many snaps as he can handle.

Problem with big guys like him tho are that they get tired quickly and are pretty useless when they aren’t playing with maximum effort. It’s a multi year process to get a guy that big in optimal shape. It took close to three years for Vea. It took awhile for Shelton too.
    Definitely agree on playing Tuli. Bandes too. Even give Ngalu a few snaps. Keep the Dline as fresh as possible
    Tuli is a redshirt freshman who was good against Oregon. Bandes and Ngalu are true freshmen. I don’t really want them in the game much. I doubt they are near Bronson or Potoa’e at this point although keeping the DL fresh will be important.

We have depth issues at DL and are a year away. Potoa’e and Bronson have to play at this point. I hope and think the young guys will be quite a bit better than those two, but I’m not sure they are that close right now. Being five years older on the DL is a big deal.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    edited October 2019

I like to think that with two weeks to prepare, the D will have some tricks up their sleeve to stop the run

I think we saw part of the trick against Oregon. Take an ILB out and Latu. We basically play a 5-1 front.

Tuli should play a lot too. He’s coming along and is the type of space eater we need inside. He should basically play as many snaps as he can handle.

Problem with big guys like him tho are that they get tired quickly and are pretty useless when they aren’t playing with maximum effort. It’s a multi year process to get a guy that big in optimal shape. It took close to three years for Vea. It took awhile for Shelton too.
    Definitely agree on playing Tuli. Bandes too. Even give Ngalu a few snaps. Keep the Dline as fresh as possible
    Tuli is a redshirt freshman who was good against Oregon. Bandes and Ngalu are true freshmen. I don’t really want them in the game much. I doubt they are near Bronson or Potoa’e at this point although keeping the DL fresh will be important.

We have depth issues at DL and are a year away. Potoa’e and Bronson have to play at this point. I hope and think the young guys will be quite a bit better than those two, but I’m not sure they are that close right now. Being five years older on the DL is a big deal.
    I misread, thought it said Tui, as Tuitele. Brain fart with Tuli and Tui. I would still get them in for a few snaps if they can handle it
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,033 Founders Club

HuskyJW said:

I, too, think Washington wins this one.

On Pac 12 review, everybody in the world was celebrating Huntley hitting a guy with three steps behind the DB as if it were the second coming of Dan Fouts. JFC so he's finally hitting the broad side of a barn. Terrific.

If Washington commits to slowing (they won't stop) Moss, their DBs can hang one on one. If Washington can somehow limit Moss I can almost guarantee that Huntley will not beat them.

Hard to tell how Washington will do against the Ute defense. They lost to USC, so they are beatable. I hardly count them as a juggernaut.

I really do take Washington in this one.
    De aquerdo.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236
    edited October 2019

Tricks? Like what kind of tricks?

Have a bunch of hot Mormon prostitutes on the Utah sidelines in purple and gold flashing pink?

No amount of tricks short of disguising Shaq Thompson, Donald Butler or Mason Foster is gonna make up for Manu/Welly ...

You can't outscheme a complete lack of linebacking unless you go for the above-mentioned 5:1 and completely rotate our extremely young dl ... and that's wholly dependent on our coaches figuring that out.

• steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 368
    Santana moss fumble. Where’s Tyler Krambrink when you need him.

Santana moss fumble. Where’s Tyler Krambrink when you need him.

Even he would be an upgrade at ILB.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,537 Founders Club

When I was a kid I played for several years for the Sammamish Bengals. There was a game where we played a team that ran triple option. So we ran what we called the "Bengal Blitz". We sent all 11 defenders at the ball carrier.

We ran it twice and gave up two long touchdowns.

When I was a kid I played for several years for the Sammamish Bengals. There was a game where we played a team that ran triple option. So we ran what we called the "Bengal Blitz". We sent all 11 defenders at the ball carrier.

I miss the days you could blast the QB on the option....every play
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

Thanks Softy
    HuskyJW said:

Can’t you still? They are considered a ball carrier. In the NFL they have all the rules about roughing the passer. In college, as long as it’s not their head, you can still blast the QB.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club

If Manu plays we have lost.
    Swaye said:

If Manu plays we have lost.
    Seriously. If you can’t take Manu off the field because you’re a pussy, get him on punt team and kick off return.

How the fuck is Olofosio not playing? I get it. He’s stiff and one of those uncoordinated players who looks bad in drills and is probably a big liability in coverage, but at least he can run and hit.
    edited October 2019

HuskyJW said:

Can’t you still? They are considered a ball carrier. In the NFL they have all the rules about roughing the passer. In college, as long as it’s not their head, you can still blast the QB.
    I don’t believe so....as soon as they give it up you have to give up

It’s why the Pistol works
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,667 Standard Supporter
    I think youse guys missed the point of this thread - Moss for 7 - means that we are tackling him at first contact and holding him to only 7 yards per run.

Right there that would be a victory.
    LebamDawg said:

I think youse guys missed the point of this thread - Moss for 7 - means that we are tackling him at first contact and holding him to only 7 yards per run.

Right there that would be a victory.

The problem is that runs that gained 2 last year go for 5 now. 5 yard runs are now 10+. 10+ runs are going to the house. Our tackling sucks. I know coaches like to limit contact at practice to lessen injuries, but there is only way to get better at tackling and that’s getting reps at game speed and full contact.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    Moss and Huntley didn't finish the season last year. Huntley was hobbled last week.