Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Race told you in 2006

13»

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,537 Founders Club

I can’t wait to get all excited about 10-3, pint out the improvement, only to lose to Michigan in week one next year.

We better find a run defense by Michigan time. One thing that is great about Harbaugh is he wont stop running if you cant stop him

The Notre Dame game was awesome
    Agree. We will have a very good secondary next year, but it won’t mean much without some LB’s that can’t make routine plays on 3-5 yard gains.
    Sounds like linebackers better work harder than ever this coming off season.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,893 Standard Supporter

It will be a close game. No way we get plungered.

The first UW 3rd down play will signal the result.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,033 Founders Club

UW wins this game and wins out. 9-3. Then wins a crappy bowl game against an overrated Big 10 team with shitty offense.

Suddenly everyone feels a little better because this season sucked, but 10 wins 4 years in a row is pretty good for a failure of a season.

We all feel too good in the off-season then get completely let down again next year.

I'd take this

We can and have sucked a lost worse than we do now
    People forget that we still have a narrow but not inconceivable path to a shitty Rose Bowl if we can beat the Utes and Oregon gets into the CFP.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

It will be a close game. No way we get plungered.

The first UW 3rd down play will signal the result.
    They’re probably giving it up. Don’t allow TD’s on those drives. Utah has a good defense but I still think we score a decent amount of points.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,675 Founders Club

UW wins this game and wins out. 9-3. Then wins a crappy bowl game against an overrated Big 10 team with shitty offense.

Suddenly everyone feels a little better because this season sucked, but 10 wins 4 years in a row is pretty good for a failure of a season.

We all feel too good in the off-season then get completely let down again next year.

I'd take this

People forget that we still have a narrow but not inconceivable path to a shitty Rose Bowl if we can beat the Utes and Oregon gets into the CFP.
    Its sounds stupid now but 5 years from now when they talk about a 10 win season streak no one will care how shitty this year was if it ends at 10. 10 wins doesn't even mean that much with 13 or 14 games but the ESPN idiots need to talk about something

We still need to stack Pac 12 titles and its a shame we let Oregon back in the winners circle
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,988 Founders Club

I'd take this

Sark > Ty Post of the Day
    The metrics that Sark built?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,033 Founders Club

I'd take this

Its sounds stupid now but 5 years from now when they talk about a 10 win season streak no one will care how shitty this year was if it ends at 10. 10 wins doesn't even mean that much with 13 or 14 games but the ESPN idiots need to talk about something

We still need to stack Pac 12 titles and its a shame we let Oregon back in the winners circle
    Pac 12 titles is by far the most objective metric we have available to us to judge whether or not we keep or fire the coach. And right now there are only 2 active coaches in the Pac with multiple titles at their current school.

Reports of Oregon's death were greatly exaggerated; the University still cares too much about winning at football and they may have gotten lucky with Mario being a competent coach.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I'd take this

Pac 12 titles is by far the most objective metric we have available to us to judge whether or not we keep or fire the coach. And right now there are only 2 active coaches in the Pac with multiple titles at their current school.

Reports of Oregon's death were greatly exaggerated; the University still cares too much about winning at football and they may have gotten lucky with Mario being a competent coach.
    That’s basically what I go off. Gotta win the conference first. Get enough cracks at big games and we’ll eventually win. It would be nice to already have one or two of those games, but I’m still confident they will happen. The future is for doogs but it’s not bleak either.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

I can’t wait to get all excited about 10-3, pint out the improvement, only to lose to Michigan in week one next year.

We better find a run defense by Michigan time. One thing that is great about Harbaugh is he wont stop running if you cant stop him

The Notre Dame game was awesome
    Agree. We will have a very good secondary next year, but it won’t mean much without some LB’s that can’t make routine plays on 3-5 yard gains.
    The new 5 DL and 6 DB defense next year is going to be special
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,019 Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

After a bye week. Dawgs at home. Covey.

But Ute has the better team and the revenge factor.

I think we show up and lose close or maybe not. Either way USC is respectfully rooting for us and I respect them.

Right as always.