Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Race told you in 2006

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam

I know Race is stuck on the OL for some FS reason, but the game will probably come to holding Moss to a respectable day. We won’t shut him down, but hopefully he doesn’t rush for 200.

Offense is playing pretty well and just needs to eliminate bad coaching decisions.

Need the defense to not shit the bed. Just like Oregon. Similar game.

They're equally damning problems to have. But if you have the ball and can sustain drives you can still do some things. Like what Stanford did to us with the 🌲 mascot having to play left tackle.

Going 3 and out and stalling for no reason in the 4th is fucking incredible. We only lost McGary. Gaskin masked how soft they were last year.
  • 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam

89ute said:

We will win this game. I know Utah like the back of my hand. Yella Piss led pipe lock of the year.

@PostGameOrangeSlices now it's your turn.
    UW is 10-1 vs Uoot and I expect 11-1
    We’re 12-1 vs Yoot.
    Even better odds of winning

Some teams are just rattled and have lost before kickoff...UW vs Oregon, WSU vs UW, YOOt vs UW, etc.
    Oregon is a more complete team than Yoot. We blew a close nail biter to those butt fucks. I don’t see another home loss with a bye week to prepare.
    Conference only stats don't agree with you. Play around with them for a while, you'll see.

https://stats.pac-12.com/sports/fball/2019-20/teams?sort=ppg&r=1&pos=sco
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,843
    If Pete loses to Cristobal, Oot, Shaw, and Cal all in one year, Door. Ass. Out.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,033 Founders Club
    89ute said:

89ute said:

We will win this game. I know Utah like the back of my hand. Yella Piss led pipe lock of the year.

We’re 12-1 vs Yoot.

Some teams are just rattled and have lost before kickoff...UW vs Oregon, WSU vs UW, YOOt vs UW, etc.
    Oregon is a more complete team than Yoot. We blew a close nail biter to those butt fucks. I don’t see another home loss with a bye week to prepare.
    Conference only stats don't agree with you. Play around with them for a while, you'll see.

Metrics feegs have Yoot, Duck and Dwag as pretty close together.

• DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    UW wins this game and wins out. 9-3. Then wins a crappy bowl game against an overrated Big 10 team with shitty offense.

Suddenly everyone feels a little better because this season sucked, but 10 wins 4 years in a row is pretty good for a failure of a season.

We all feel too good in the off-season then get completely let down again next year.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2019
    haie said:

I know Race is stuck on the OL for some FS reason, but the game will probably come to holding Moss to a respectable day. We won’t shut him down, but hopefully he doesn’t rush for 200.

Offense is playing pretty well and just needs to eliminate bad coaching decisions.

They're equally damning problems to have. But if you have the ball and can sustain drives you can still do some things. Like what Stanford did to us with the 🌲 mascot having to play left tackle.

Going 3 and out and stalling for no reason in the 4th is fucking incredible. We only lost McGary. Gaskin masked how soft they were last year.
    haie said:

We were way softer the past two years than this year. We don’t have the liabilities we used to have. Wattenberg and young Nick Harris couldn’t hold up two years ago.

It was one play vs Oregon. That was the only drive we stalled out on. We couldn’t stay on the field because Oregon was methodically beating us down the field. Let’s not go full Boobs and focus on one play.

Our defenses inability to stop the run is a way bigger problem. That has been a problem in every loss, not the OL.

89ute said:

89ute said:

We’re 12-1 vs Yoot.

Metrics are fucking retarded. UW at 15 is crazy. Same for WSU at 24.
  • NLdawgNLdawg Member Posts: 53

UW wins this game and wins out. 9-3. Then wins a crappy bowl game against an overrated Big 10 team with shitty offense.

Suddenly everyone feels a little better because this season sucked, but 10 wins 4 years in a row is pretty good for a failure of a season.

We all feel too good in the off-season then get completely let down again next year.

There’s like an 81% chance this is right. And it depresses the hell out of me.

89ute said:

89ute said:

We’re 12-1 vs Yoot.

True. But still they predicted a tight UW and UO game. I expect UW vs Utah to be tighter than a snare drum.

89ute said:

89ute said:

We’re 12-1 vs Yoot.

True. But still they predicted a tight UW and UO game. I expect UW vs Utah to be tighter than a snare drum.
    Weren’t you with me in predicting a close win vs Oregon? I agree that the Utah game will be a close one.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2019

haie said:

haie said:

We were way softer the past two years than this year. We don’t have the liabilities we used to have. Wattenberg and young Nick Harris couldn’t hold up two years ago.

It was one play vs Oregon. That was the only drive we stalled out on. We couldn’t stay on the field because Oregon was methodically beating us down the field. Let’s not go full Boobs and focus on one play.

Our defenses inability to stop the run is a way bigger problem. That has been a problem in every loss, not the OL.
    But going 3 and out and stalling after a first down or two fucks both sides of the ball.

I just expect with losing just 1 o line from a rose bowl team and being a 60ish % run team you should be able to finish games on the ground. I agree about the one play, we never should have even been in that situation.

We look like we have an air raid o line.

And yes it's also a massive problem about the defense. We just still could have won at least 2/3 of those games with sustained drives.

89ute said:

89ute said:

We’re 12-1 vs Yoot.

Weren’t you with me in predicting a close win vs Oregon? I agree that the Utah game will be a close one.
    I didn’t make a prediction for Oregon other than saying it was a coin flip game that would be close. I feel more confident in predicting a win over Utah than I did over Oregon. We suck but Utah is not an invincible juggernaut.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,539 Swaye's Wigwam

Get on board now race. We have a big dick gunslinger at QB!

Unless YOU have proof in HAND...

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,675 Founders Club

I'd take this

We can and have sucked a lost worse than we do now
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117

Hate to break it to you but we're going to beat Utah and then lose to the Beavers on a short week. It's the script.
    I can’t wait to get all excited about 10-3, pint out the improvement, only to lose to Michigan in week one next year.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,675 Founders Club

I can’t wait to get all excited about 10-3, pint out the improvement, only to lose to Michigan in week one next year.

We better find a run defense by Michigan time. One thing that is great about Harbaugh is he wont stop running if you cant stop him

The Notre Dame game was awesome

We better find a run defense by Michigan time. One thing that is great about Harbaugh is he wont stop running if you cant stop him

The Notre Dame game was awesome
    Agree. We will have a very good secondary next year, but it won’t mean much without some LB’s that can’t make routine plays on 3-5 yard gains.
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

89ute said:

89ute said:

We’re 12-1 vs Yoot.

Bonus Metrics Feeg Beta_Rank:

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,537 Founders Club

I'd take this

We can and have sucked a lost worse than we do now
    Sark > Ty Post of the Day