Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

My theory on Chris Peterman

Comments

• huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I still beat for Coach Pete. Both of them. winky winky

I just think Pete wasn't ready for the transition to a bigger market and had regrets for what he left behind at Boise. Friends, smaller market, etc. That being said I agree he hates being second guessed by armchair quarterbacks, and severely morbidly obese 'reporters' who don't Broonc out like the reporters in Boise would (at least I think they do). I feel like Pete appreciates it more now than even a couple years ago. I still don't know anyone who has personally met him, but I'm poor, and none of my daddies are that rich. I'd also venture that based on the stories that came out re Sark (Duchess, Joey's, Patron) that there was probably a strong push from the AD to not be as visible. Let's not forget it wasn't completely on field stuff that got Lambo fired. Sadly off field stuff probably weighs more heavily here than on field, or at least a happy balance doesn't seem to have been established.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2019

I still beat for Coach Pete. Both of them. winky winky

I just think Pete wasn't ready for the transition to a bigger market and had regrets for what he left behind at Boise. Friends, smaller market, etc. That being said I agree he hates being second guessed by armchair quarterbacks, and severely morbidly obese 'reporters' who don't Broonc out like the reporters in Boise would (at least I think they do). I feel like Pete appreciates it more now than even a couple years ago. I still don't know anyone who has personally met him, but I'm poor, and none of my daddies are that rich. I'd also venture that based on the stories that came out re Sark (Duchess, Joey's, Patron) that there was probably a strong push from the AD to not be as visible. Let's not forget it wasn't completely on field stuff that got Lambo fired. Sadly off field stuff probably weighs more heavily here than on field, or at least a happy balance doesn't seem to have been established.

When you win the conference and beat a bunch of P5 teams like Pete did, reporters are going to bow down.

NOGAF anymore about that at UW and when you’re program is regressing and you are doing stupid shit, you get called out. The Seattle media goes light on him.
    I'll give CP & UW credit for basically browbeating the media into towing the line.
  • JustWinNowJustWinNow Member Posts: 357
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    I hope you are right and I am wrong. Because to me a loser is a loser.
  • picalogestabopicalogestabo Member Posts: 651
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Derek's theory checks out. I heard rumblings from a source that would know after the Rose Bowl that Pete is ready to get out of coaching. Was told that he had a couple of years left and Lake would move into the HC role as part of the succession plan developed by Jen. On Saturday after the loss I heard that it might happen sooner. Was told Pete's really burnt out, disappointed he can't win the big one and he is unwilling to make changes to the staff when he knows he's done.

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

FirePete said:

What is your theory on who killed Kennedy?

My father in law was a bad man. Ran drugs and guns in and out of Central America for most of his life. Did low level work for the mafia and Republican Party and spent time in federal prison. On the plus side the mutherfucker made a mean taco.

He said he had no doubt that the mafia killed Kennedy and met some people involved. The mob engineered Kennedy’s election, including Texas, Louisiana, Nevada, Illinois and Pennsylvania. Johnson did not win Texas for Kennedy, his south Texas base where he stuffed the vote was no guarantee. The mob increased his share of the vote in metro areas to put him over the top.

Remember the Kennedys ran in those circles. Papa Joe knew all the players and made promises gifting all kinds of shit to organized crime. He was part of organized crime. Only problem was he forgot to include his sons in those plans and had a stroke in ‘61 that left him unable to control JFK and RFK and pay back what was owed. When RFK went after them in ‘62, that was all she wrote.

Giancana cleared it and ordered it.

Who ordered Brownsox as UW starter for 4 years?
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I said this a couple years ago but I'll repeat it. For the record, this is just me reading the tea leaves, it may not be accurate.

My theory: Petersen burned out in Boise and lost his love of the game. He hates the media, hates being second guessed and hates dealing with bullshit fans. When the UW job opened up he had a long talk with his wife about how it might reinvigorate him.

He gets to UW and finds the pressure all the more greater. The love still isn't there. But he does enough things well to maintain a Mike Bellotti level of success on the field.

When Jimmy Lake began receiving accolades, Pete didn't want to lose him. So Pete, Lake and Cohen had a private meeting and worked out a deal where Pete coaches X number of years before handing the reins over to Jimmy.

Yep. I'd be surprised if Cohen or any of the staff are surprised by the news.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

These theories are getting dumber and dumber. Now even Stalin is joining the loonies. This is as goofy as the lip-reading experts CNN trots out to try to decipher private conversations on debate stages.

There doesn't have to be some fascinating narrative behind why we suck this year. Sometimes you just suck. Go ahead and drop the half baked conspiracies.

But still...