Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My theory on Chris Peterman

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,954
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
I said this a couple years ago but I'll repeat it. For the record, this is just me reading the tea leaves, it may not be accurate.

My theory: Petersen burned out in Boise and lost his love of the game. He hates the media, hates being second guessed and hates dealing with bullshit fans. When the UW job opened up he had a long talk with his wife about how it might reinvigorate him.

He gets to UW and finds the pressure all the more greater. The love still isn't there. But he does enough things well to maintain a Mike Bellotti level of success on the field.

When Jimmy Lake began receiving accolades, Pete didn't want to lose him. So Pete, Lake and Cohen had a private meeting and worked out a deal where Pete coaches X number of years before handing the reins over to Jimmy.

Comments

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Where did you steal this one from Derek!?

Yah, I've always thought that lake was "coach in waiting" without the official title.

That's also why Harris is being groomed to take over db's when lake is head coach.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,954
    Founders Club
    animate said:

Where did you steal this one from Derek!?

Yah, I've always thought that lake was "coach in waiting" without the official title.

That's also why Harris is being groomed to take over db's when lake is head coach.

I didn't steal it from anywhere.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I really hope Eason sticks around, because I believe next year's UW squad will be great.

Not. Gonna. Happen.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I just think UW is young in areas we can't make up for and where we're not young, we're weak in areas we can't make up for. I think it's just unique to particular this squad... and it was inevitable because there's nothing really special about the upperclassmen on this current team.

Manu, Wellington, Fuller, Opera, Bronson, Potoa'e can't leave the program soon enough. Typically you expect seniors to be the stars and leaders of a ball club... none of these guys have stepped up in the way we needed the Dawgs to be successful.

Down years happen for teams that can't recruit like Alabama, LSU, Ohio St, Oklahoma, Clemson. It's a bummer that guys like Wellington and Manu have to start, but we're not the programs listed above.

I really hope Eason sticks around, because I believe next year's UW squad will be great.

I don't think this year is a sign of things to come... it's just a down year after a great run of football for the program.

Your constant trashing off Potoae and Bronson is way off the mark, but otherwise yeah, you're pretty spot on here.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I don't get that either. Those two have been solid players for us.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Yeah, I don’t think Pete has lost his love of the game. Look at the photos of him after winning the PAC 12 title game and handing out roses to the band. That’s a look of pure joy if I’ve ever seen one.

If I was playing armchair psychologist, I just think he’s a perfectionist that’s maybe having a difficult time adjusting to situations that aren’t going his way.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Dereks theory and why we? suck this year are 2 separate ideas.

But are they?
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

I just think UW is young in areas we can't make up for and where we're not young, we're weak in areas we can't make up for. I think it's just unique to particular this squad... and it was inevitable because there's nothing really special about the upperclassmen on this current team.

Manu, Wellington, Fuller, Opera, Bronson, Potoa'e can't leave the program soon enough. Typically you expect seniors to be the stars and leaders of a ball club... none of these guys have stepped up in the way we needed the Dawgs to be successful.

Down years happen for teams that can't recruit like Alabama, LSU, Ohio St, Oklahoma, Clemson. It's a bummer that guys like Wellington and Manu have to start, but we're not the programs listed above.

I don't think this year is a sign of things to come... it's just a down year after a great run of football for the program.

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,854
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    FirePete said:

Dereks theory and why we? suck this year are 2 separate ideas.

But are they?
    Yes.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

I said this a couple years ago but I'll repeat it. For the record, this is just me reading the tea leaves, it may not be accurate.

My theory: Petersen burned out in Boise and lost his love of the game. He hates the media, hates being second guessed and hates dealing with bullshit fans. When the UW job opened up he had a long talk with his wife about how it might reinvigorate him.

He gets to UW and finds the pressure all the more greater. The love still isn't there. But he does enough things well to maintain a Mike Bellotti level of success on the field.

When Jimmy Lake began receiving accolades, Pete didn't want to lose him. So Pete, Lake and Cohen had a private meeting and worked out a deal where Pete coaches X number of years before handing the reins over to Jimmy.

You? need to get you one of these Stalin:

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,212
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We already had our tuff o line coach tied to a legend head coach. Worked out great too

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I think people are overthinking this. Pete is having a shit year, that’s all it really is. He has done some good things at UW so far but his results in big games has been underwhelming. The bar has been raised as of recent times and with that comes a higher demand of success, which right now it seems he is being complacent with.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

We already had our tuff o line coach tied to a legend head coach. Worked out great too

Mario may have moobs, but Gilby was a fat disgusting fuck. I'd see that guy at picture and think of that line from Niedermeyer in Animal House: "You're a God Damned Disgrace!" I thought, how the fuck is the team going to have any discipline when they see you eating 18 meals a day?"

Anyway, I never saw Gilbertson make that kind of tuff guy face. Just wasn't as tuff I guess.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    FirePete said:

What is your theory on who killed Kennedy Scalia?