Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

SOME are afraid to say it...

13»

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,671 Standard Supporter

Gladstone said:

This was an epochal game for Pete, of course, and the book on him can be confidently closed now -- but weirdly for me as well. On how much giving a shit about this program is really worth emotionally and financially investing in.

I’m divesting.

This may be my last poast. I will login and just vote up and chin to maintain positive mindset.

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

What scheme exactly would you like to run when your ILB are shit? Seems to me any scheme is fucked when you have slow ILB who consistently fill the wrong run gaps and miss tackles as though it was the goal.

It's on the fucking coaches that their Senior LB suck so bad.

It's on the fucking coaches that they don't have Sophomore or Junior LB to take over for those shit Seniors who can't get it done.

You don't tear down the best scheme in the conference that has lead the league in defense for 4 straight years. The same scheme that would be run by Kwat if he was calling the plays. Kwat and Jimmy literally run the defense together. Scheme, game plans, calls, Kwat is in Jimmy's ear all week and all game.

If we didn't play a high safety and a lot of cloud coverage, who would make those saving tackles for all the run gaps that the ILB fucking missed even though the DL ate up the line exactly like they were supposed to? If you took out the LB and ran Dime all game, would Oregon not just slam it behind their 1st RD LT all fucking game, and you'd all be pissed we couldn't stop it even worse?

Herbert looked confused for most of the game. The DL ate up blockers the way they were supposed to most of the game. The DBs covered well most of the game.

The offense converted 3/13 third downs and couldn't stay on the fucking field for most of the game. Giving Oregon that many chances will eventually lead to your giant fucking weakness at ILB blowing up. And it did.

Tear the coaches apart for their shit development and recruiting at ILB. It's their fault this defense fucking sucks because the tools fucking suck. But don't pretend like this isn't a good scheme.

Fuck the coaches for fucking this season up. It's their fault. But choose the right fucking reason to bitch.

Coaches job to adjust and realize he can't run the fucking scheme, becasue it is not working becuse the horses are too fucking fat and slow to play it.
    THEY GET PAID HANDSOMELY, SO THEY NEED TO ADJUST SOMETHING SO THEY DONT GET TORN APART WHEN IT MATTERS. FUCK ALL OF IT, THE SCHEME THE COACHes, EVERYONE. just get a fucking stop.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,532 Standard Supporter

whuggy said:

If your defense sucks you shouldn't play offense like it doesn't

Team loss. Everyone sucks

If your defense sucks you shouldn't play offense like it doesn't

Team loss. Everyone sucks

Oh good. Let's be WSU and have to score 45 to win. 31 is far and away enough for a great team. Fuck that thinking.
    The object is to win the game
    Did we? Can I complain?
    I'm hearing we lost

I don't give if we had to score 60

Just fucking do it
    I don't like you when UW loses. You're not yourself.
  • JustWinNowJustWinNow Member Posts: 357
    This shit isnt about lake. The d is young we knew that. The issue is the offense. Got damnit. We are taking our eyes off the major issue. The offensive scheme is trash and it's not getting better. If we still scored and moved the ball managed the clock better the team would be better. Offense is the problem.
  • JustWinNowJustWinNow Member Posts: 357
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    We have gotten worse with Lake instead of Kwat, starting from Lake’s first game calling the D against Penn State.

Lake was bad today. Really bad.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,569 Swaye's Wigwam

We have gotten worse with Lake instead of Kwat, starting from Lake’s first game calling the D against Penn State.

This.

The offense is the #1 concern, mostly because it can't ever will it's way to a win against a good opponent. It has not happened yet. There are 0 games vs good teams when the offense led the way and it didn't matter what the defense did.

The defense has regressed though, plain and simple. The defense carried us in 2016 and 2017. Yes ASU and Furd were bad losses, but the defense did enough to win.

An offense that never closes the deal and fucks combined with a young, regressed defense is how you get 5-3 (0-3 in the north) with a bunch of talent and a 5 star QB
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

This.

The offense is the #1 concern, mostly because it can't ever will it's way to a win against a good opponent. It has not happened yet. There are 0 games vs good teams when the offense led the way and it didn't matter what the defense did.

The defense has regressed though, plain and simple. The defense carried us in 2016 and 2017. Yes ASU and Furd were bad losses, but the defense did enough to win.

An offense that never closes the deal and fucks combined with a young, regressed defense is how you get 5-3 (0-3 in the north) with a bunch of talent and a 5 star QB

I mean I understand what you guys are saying. And right now it's hard to defend him because, well, the defense is pretty mediocre this year compared to our standards (21.5 points per game vs the typical 16-18 points per game). But this anti-Lake wave has baffled me. Aside from being a top recruiter and developer of talent (don't argue, look at his draft history), he has had his hands in the defense for years. He and Kwat construct the defense together. Kwat is in the box, and talks with Lake on the headset. It's not like Kwat has just decided to focus only on OLB. I just don't see how Lake is so much worse than Kwat and causing the defense to regress to these means where you call for his head.

To say that, you're throwing out last year. You know, the year that gave up less yards and less points than in 2016 and 2017 (which you say the defense carried those seasons). So in his first year as a play caller and full-time DC, Lake improves the defense in all the numbers. Then in his second year, the defense has struggled more than we are accustomed to. This is with a fuck load of dudes moving into big time roles for their first time ever. Literally everyone but Myles and Benning (Levi was rotational).

So was he a shit DC last year and just so happened to have better numbers than Kwat ever did just because he had good players that got drafted (similar to Kwat in 2016) and now it's all showing?

Or was he a good DC last year in his first experience, and he's still a good DC this year but we are feeling the pains of having 9 positions filled by players getting their first major run and we are dealing with the consequences.

I mean for fuck's sake, we are giving up 21.5 points a game despite Cam and Kyler fucking up so bad they got replaced after 4 games by Trent and Asa.

If Lake was a shit DC and playcaller and so much worse than Kwat that he's regressing the defense, then last year wouldn't have been the best we've had and this year we'd be giving up nearly 30 points per game like every other shit defense.

Next year when the defense is giving up 17.5 points per game and people are jizzing themselves over Tuli and Taki, Asa and McDuffie, and ILB who are young but flashing talent, then suddenly Lake will be good again.

Now all that said, get a fucking stop on 3rd and 4th down and stop letting teams run right up your fucking gut you fucking pricks.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

This.

I mean I understand what you guys are saying. And right now it's hard to defend him because, well, the defense is pretty mediocre this year compared to our standards (21.5 points per game vs the typical 16-18 points per game). But this anti-Lake wave has baffled me. Aside from being a top recruiter and developer of talent (don't argue, look at his draft history), he has had his hands in the defense for years. He and Kwat construct the defense together. Kwat is in the box, and talks with Lake on the headset. It's not like Kwat has just decided to focus only on OLB. I just don't see how Lake is so much worse than Kwat and causing the defense to regress to these means where you call for his head.

To say that, you're throwing out last year. You know, the year that gave up less yards and less points than in 2016 and 2017 (which you say the defense carried those seasons). So in his first year as a play caller and full-time DC, Lake improves the defense in all the numbers. Then in his second year, the defense has struggled more than we are accustomed to. This is with a fuck load of dudes moving into big time roles for their first time ever. Literally everyone but Myles and Benning (Levi was rotational).

So was he a shit DC last year and just so happened to have better numbers than Kwat ever did just because he had good players that got drafted (similar to Kwat in 2016) and now it's all showing?

Or was he a good DC last year in his first experience, and he's still a good DC this year but we are feeling the pains of having 9 positions filled by players getting their first major run and we are dealing with the consequences.

I mean for fuck's sake, we are giving up 21.5 points a game despite Cam and Kyler fucking up so bad they got replaced after 4 games by Trent and Asa.

If Lake was a shit DC and playcaller and so much worse than Kwat that he's regressing the defense, then last year wouldn't have been the best we've had and this year we'd be giving up nearly 30 points per game like every other shit defense.

Next year when the defense is giving up 17.5 points per game and people are jizzing themselves over Tuli and Taki, Asa and McDuffie, and ILB who are young but flashing talent, then suddenly Lake will be good again.

Now all that said, get a fucking stop on 3rd and 4th down and stop letting teams run right up your fucking gut you fucking pricks.
    i hope he is gone. overrated pos. ca, furd, oregon all ran down our throats in the 4th quarter
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465

What scheme exactly would you like to run when your ILB are shit? Seems to me any scheme is fucked when you have slow ILB who consistently fill the wrong run gaps and miss tackles as though it was the goal.

It's on the fucking coaches that their Senior LB suck so bad.

It's on the fucking coaches that they don't have Sophomore or Junior LB to take over for those shit Seniors who can't get it done.

You don't tear down the best scheme in the conference that has lead the league in defense for 4 straight years. The same scheme that would be run by Kwat if he was calling the plays. Kwat and Jimmy literally run the defense together. Scheme, game plans, calls, Kwat is in Jimmy's ear all week and all game.

If we didn't play a high safety and a lot of cloud coverage, who would make those saving tackles for all the run gaps that the ILB fucking missed even though the DL ate up the line exactly like they were supposed to? If you took out the LB and ran Dime all game, would Oregon not just slam it behind their 1st RD LT all fucking game, and you'd all be pissed we couldn't stop it even worse?

Herbert looked confused for most of the game. The DL ate up blockers the way they were supposed to most of the game. The DBs covered well most of the game.

The offense converted 3/13 third downs and couldn't stay on the fucking field for most of the game. Giving Oregon that many chances will eventually lead to your giant fucking weakness at ILB blowing up. And it did.

Tear the coaches apart for their shit development and recruiting at ILB. It's their fault this defense fucking sucks because the tools fucking suck. But don't pretend like this isn't a good scheme.

Fuck the coaches for fucking this season up. It's their fault. But choose the right fucking reason to bitch.

well said.