Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tlaib says Democrats have discussed detaining White House officials who don't testify

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,291
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Haven't really thought this through much - but it seems to me the 5th Amendment was designed to prevent interrogation without indictment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

Let alone whether Congress has authority to issue, compel or enforce its own subpoena.

https://digitalcommons.law.byu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?referer=&httpsredir=1&article=1095&context=jpl

Either way it will be interesting.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,675
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    It's always the same headline

Debating, discussing, planning, etc.

I swear they never actually do anything
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    They should absolutely be discussing it. I don’t think they have the power to do it but they should be making sure they don’t.

Trump is abandoning rule of law and the checks and balances that this country was built on. It’s dangerous and a threat to our democracy. Congress must explore all options to hold him accountable.
  • Options

They should absolutely be discussing it. I don’t think they have the power to do it but they should be making sure they don’t.

Trump is abandoning rule of law and the checks and balances that this country was built on. It’s dangerous and a threat to our democracy. Congress must explore all options to hold him accountable.

jesus.

Did you miss the last 20 years of executive orders and various other bullshit?

and NOW you want accountability?

TDS, indeed, fren.

Take your retard argument to someone that actually supported Obama.
  • Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Wh

jesus.

TDS, indeed, fren.

Were there Obama officials that refused congressional subpoena?
  • Options

jesus.

TDS, indeed, fren.

Take your retard argument to someone that actually supported Obama.
    You don't understan maff? 20 years goes way past Obama.

• Options
    GDS said:

Wh

jesus.

TDS, indeed, fren.

But but....in reverse.

Nice work.

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,567
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    GDS said:

Wh

jesus.

TDS, indeed, fren.

Show up and take the 5th like Obama officials.
  • Options

GDS said:

Wh

jesus.

TDS, indeed, fren.

But but....in reverse.

Nice work.

So you consider it TDS to expect Trump officials to abide by congressional subpoenas because you think the past 3 presidential administrations have avoided accountability. Yet you can’t point to previous instances of administration officials wholesale refusal to testify when subpoenaed...maybe I should have just gone with calling your argument retarded like the previous poster...
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,006
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

You mean like the Obama Administration and its use of FISA courts?

Auce.
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,732
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    That witch is batshit.
  • Options
    pawz said:

You mean like the Obama Administration and its use of FISA courts?

Auce.
    If there was fisa abuse I’d like to know about it. Trump kept saying he was going to declassify the entire thing - wonder why he didn’t? Trey Gowdy read the unredacted warrant and said the FBI did exactly what we would want them to do given the circumstances. Then again Gowdy is a flaming libtard so why should we trust him...
  • Options
    GDS said:

GDS said:

Wh

jesus.

TDS, indeed, fren.

But but....in reverse.

Nice work.

So you consider it TDS to expect Trump officials to abide by congressional subpoenas because you think the past 3 presidential administrations have avoided accountability. Yet you can’t point to previous instances of administration officials wholesale refusal to testify when subpoenaed...maybe I should have just gone with calling your argument retarded like the previous poster...
    I'll give you another post before that play is run.

I said I hadn't put much thought into it - see also shower happy ending - was busy this morning. Quite frankly, hadn't even framed an argument. Just gave people a couple links to contemplate. You know, critical thinking skills applied.

TDS kicks in immediately apparently.

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

A bigger threat than, say, surreptitiously stealing the Democratic Nomination from Bernie Sanders in 2016?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,443
    Swaye's Wigwam
    GDS said:

GDS said:

Wh

jesus.

TDS, indeed, fren.

But but....in reverse.

Nice work.

• Options

GDS said:

GDS said:

Wh

jesus.

TDS, indeed, fren.

But but....in reverse.

Nice work.

I'll give you another post before that play is run.

I said I hadn't put much thought into it - see also shower happy ending - was busy this morning. Quite frankly, hadn't even framed an argument. Just gave people a couple links to contemplate. You know, critical thinking skills applied.

TDS kicks in immediately apparently.

so you are already disavowing this poast?

jesus.

TDS, indeed, fren.

As I said earlier - I should have just gone with calling your argument retarded, instead of asking you a question...
  • Options

GDS said:

GDS said:

Wh

jesus.

TDS, indeed, fren.

But but....in reverse.

Nice work.

The administration claimed executive privilege. The case eventually went to court and the administration had to turn over most of the records. I agree with you that was a case of stonewalling and it took time but eventually the rule of law won out.
  • Options

A bigger threat than, say, surreptitiously stealing the Democratic Nomination from Bernie Sanders in 2016?
    Yes, the sitting president pushing for power that cannot be checked is more dangerous than the DNC pushing debates to Friday nights to keep viewership down.