Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kinda funny,but then again kinda sad.

whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
But based on what Jonathan Smith is doing on offense at OSU with FAR less talent than Pete, it's looking like Petersen was holding back Smith while he was here rather than the other way around.

Comments

• BreadBread Member Posts: 4,013
    Welcome to 2014
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    Is there anyone who parted ways with Pete and didnt instantly improve? Players, coaches, pool boys? Anyone?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

No shit. We suck and 90% of the posters here also suck at evaluating football

I’m it sure 90% suck. Most the dumb judgements are TBS related.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    edited October 2019
    It's such a joke. The Beavers have exactly one player in Isaiah Hodgins who would start at Washington and they look better coached and more dangerous on offense. I'm not sure what goes on in our O meetings but it's not very effective.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,764 Founders Club
    whuggy said:

It's such a joke. The Beavers have exactly one player in Isaiah Hodgins who would start at Washington and they look better coached and more dangerous on offense. I'm not sure what goes on in our O meetings but it's not very effective.

I'm sure Pete spends a lot of time desvising toss sweep, triple reverse, flea flicker plays.

whuggy said:

I'm sure Pete spends a lot of time desvising toss sweep, triple reverse, flea flicker plays.
    Shit. Go watch the Beaver, UCLA highlights. Didn't see one of those stupid WR screens. Just a very creative, well schemed passing game. UCLA is terrible but some beautifully designed plays in that Beaver offense.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    whuggy said:

Artavis Pierce > any running back that has played for udub this year.

hth

whuggy said:

Artavis Pierce > any running back that has played for udub this year.

hth
    He has been outstanding. But is also given lots of room to run from the O-line. Their passing game is opening up the run. Smith has them going the right direction. Needs some transfer portal talent on defense though.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    whuggy said:

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

Shit. Go watch the Beaver, UCLA highlights. Didn't see one of those stupid WR screens. Just a very creative, well schemed passing game. UCLA is terrible but some beautifully designed plays in that Beaver offense.
    Got a feeling Smith is bringing more of the Erickson offense than the Petersen offense.
    Doubt it. The Erickson offense is dated. He has his own offense that he ran at Montana before he ever coached for Pete.

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

Got a feeling Smith is bringing more of the Erickson offense than the Petersen offense.
    Doubt it. The Erickson offense is dated. He has his own offense that he ran at Montana before he ever coached for Pete.
    To be a top 10 offense with their level of talent is pretty damn impressive. And we buried the guy when he was here.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,764 Founders Club
    How soon we forget the pass plays to Wooching and Trey Adams.

• GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    Pete should start microdosing psilocybin to bring novelty to his offense