Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Update on My Dawg

Comments

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    RIP YellaSnowMaker?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,939 Founders Club

RIP YellaSnowMaker?

The end is nigh. Fitting week for it, I suppose.
    Oregon week is the best week to lose a dog
    He won't make it that long.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Sorry to hear that man. It really does suck. I had to do that 4 years ago. Right before the middle one headed back east to you know where. Right after our grad party for the kid, I found her lying by the Rainbow playset I haven't had the heart to take down. She wouldn't get up and it was "oh oh" obvious that there was something wrong because that dog would walk through fire to come when called. Took her in to the pet ER in Kirkland, and by the next day it was clear we had to put her down. Tumor was pushing against her adrenal gland making her breathing pretty fast and all that shit.

Kids tried to stay in the room and couldn't. I stayed behind and was with her until the end. Crushing.

As you know, I'm not one for mysticism and all that "meaning" shit. But I believe until this day she knew somehow that her girl was leaving and held on long enough to see her through ... childhood or whatever. When you have multiple kids, one of them is always closest to the dog. She was always more the middle kid's dog than anybody else. It was fitting she was around and had fun at her HS grad party before checking out.

Haven't had the stones to spread her ashes yet. They're in my home office.

My heart goes out to you Yella.

Damn
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,942

Sorry to hear that man. It really does suck. I had to do that 4 years ago. Right before the middle one headed back east to you know where. Right after our grad party for the kid, I found her lying by the Rainbow playset I haven't had the heart to take down. She wouldn't get up and it was "oh oh" obvious that there was something wrong because that dog would walk through fire to come when called. Took her in to the pet ER in Kirkland, and by the next day it was clear we had to put her down. Tumor was pushing against her adrenal gland making her breathing pretty fast and all that shit.

Kids tried to stay in the room and couldn't. I stayed behind and was with her until the end. Crushing.

As you know, I'm not one for mysticism and all that "meaning" shit. But I believe until this day she knew somehow that her girl was leaving and held on long enough to see her through ... childhood or whatever. When you have multiple kids, one of them is always closest to the dog. She was always more the middle kid's dog than anybody else. It was fitting she was around and had fun at her HS grad party before checking out.

It's been a long, complicated relationship with the pooch. He's and neurotic and anxious as a poodle gets, which is a notorious trait in the breed. We butted heads a lot over 8 years. But he was our? Dawg that we rescued (at age 5) and you can't get buyer's remorse with a pooch.
    That's right.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,924 Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

I'll be honest. When our last lab died, I cried harder than when my brother was killed. That dog was like one of our kids and I was devastated when she passed. We had the vet come to the house and give her the lights out shot there.

I wasn't sure I wanted another dog because I didn't want to deal with having to put another dog down and I didn't think another dog would be able to fill the shoes of our last one. But a couple of years went by and we decided to get another. So we did.

We now have a 9 month old white Husky, and that dog is wearing my ass out. She's a sweetheart but my god, the energy. I may not outlive this one. I don't know how I went a couple years without a dog now. Life is just better with a dawg in the house.

Sorry to hear your hound is on the ropes, Yella. Best wishes.
    Huskies are horrible creatures...stubborn, too smart and independent of thought, and impossible not to love. Our old girl is the third for me plus two that my brother has had which I spent a lot of time with.

I'll never get another one (said that before...twice), but I sure do love the breed when they're someone else's problem.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Probably inappropriate right now, but this thread delivers