Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Remember the day in the life video

dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,931
5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
Swaye's Wigwam
When all of you were sucking his tip clean.

What a fucking farce.

Pete is no fun and he drives people to be anxious because he is so nit picky and anal. They are made to overthink because they are giving so much to remember. I know because I’m that way, it’s a fucking mental issue and it doesn’t work with the types of personalities he now has. I was introspective enough to realize I was making everyone in my life fucking miserable. Though stubborn as fuck I had to change because the results at home and work weren’t working. I made adjustments because I’m not overly confident and recognize issues and take responsibility. I’m a dumb fuck, I don’t get paid millions.

Back to that video. It was so painful to watch because it just seemed fake.

You can tell towards the end he’s talking to his wife and it seems like she asks “are they still filming that stupid fucking video” and he responds smiling between his teeth with an answer of confirmation.

Pete will never change. We all had this same melt down last year. You can tell by his words that he doesn’t fucking get it. This is as good as it gets.

Pete is no fun.
Pete is up tight.
Pete thinks too much.
Pete’s emotions are anger and disappointment.

Udub football is Pete.

Incoherent babble over.

Comments

• Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2019
    Shit is getting out of hand now.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,573
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    What are you his therapist? Jesus
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,931
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yuck, me not teq.

I think we’re way past basic logic explaining this fuckery.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No, I dont remember that.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,082
    Founders Club

What a fucking farce.

Pete is no fun and he drives people to be anxious because he is so nit picky and anal. They are made to overthink because they are giving so much to remember. I know because I’m that way, it’s a fucking mental issue and it doesn’t work with the types of personalities he now has. I was introspective enough to realize I was making everyone in my life fucking miserable. Though stubborn as fuck I had to change because the results at home and work weren’t working. I made adjustments because I’m not overly confident and recognize issues and take responsibility. I’m a dumb fuck, I don’t get paid millions.

You can tell towards the end he’s talking to his wife and it seems like she asks “are they still filming that stupid fucking video” and he responds smiling between his teeth with an answer of confirmation.

Pete will never change. We all had this same melt down last year. You can tell by his words that he doesn’t fucking get it. This is as good as it gets.

Pete is no fun.
    Pete is up tight.
    Pete thinks too much.

Udub football is Pete.

Incoherent babble over.

I never commented on the video. I never even watched the video. So don't say everyone.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Stop stealing my shit, fucko
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    haie said:

Stop with the over-analytical fucking Teq Thought.

He sucks because he loses to Helton SC at home, Graham x3, mother fucking Wilcock x2, fucking cock smirking Shaw x4.

Don't care about the rest.

Thanks for caring
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Meek said:

After the Rose Bowl Pete acknowledged things have to change. We all saw that as self-awareness that would result in changes for the bette

9 months later I've realized what he meant.

The "things" he referred to were college football in general - meaning everyone else but not him. When those "things" change his program will truly be able to compete on a level playing field.

He has no interest in changing UW to succeed in college football but rather insists that college football changes to suit his ideals.

Good luck with that!!

I don’t think that’s really it. His offense sucks and he is stubborn, but most of these answers are just pissed off answers to questions asked after a loss. There isn’t that much to read into it.

I still think he runs a program well. You don’t overhaul all of that because of a couple early season losses. Fans are supposed to lose their shit after losses.

Coaches aren’t going to abandon their whole philosophy. When they do, it rarely works and the coaches would look weak willed and panicky. See Jim Harbaugh and Michigan as an example. Les Miles at LSU is another.

I still think we should abandon the Pete offense and get new blood involved with the offense even if a new OC has to bring in a couple of his own guys. It’s been a continual pattern of disappointment on offense. It’s insanity to keep doing the same things.

Everything else just needs to be tweaked. Less whining about game start times and an obsession with routine. I don’t ever want a 9 am start but Pete saying the players would have to wake up at 4 am for those games was FS. Not everything needs to be a routine and have a comfort level. Players are supposed to be able to play in any condition and win. Quit making excuses when things don’t align with your perfect world.

We need to actually instill an aggressive, bully mindset instead of so much reading and reacting. Pete seems a little too enamored with the chess match aspect of football and not enough with the basics of simply kicking the shit outta the dude lined up across from you.

I know we always like the next batch of recruits better than the incumbents, but experience matters. Does anyone think the young, talented DL and DB’s won’t get better? They will. The LB talent and depth will improve. Same for WR. Bad years where things don’t align in the ideal way can happen and hopefully that’s all it is this year.
    Largely agree, except that UW is 11 years into it's rebuild, sans for 2016 w/Ross & Pettis, who made everyone look good 'til Bama.

That and the fact that Pete is trying hard to play chess without recognizing his ceiling is checkers. If he simply reconciled that fact, he'd realize that football is 90% checkers and 10% chess.

David, meet Goliath, on any other day than the day of your lucky shot.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,259
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

2 conference titles and 3 NY6 games in the last 3 years isn’t rebuilding ... all but a few programs in the country would call that a success

Except the part where none of those NY6 games were wins. Most not shit tier Power 5 programs would be frustrated by that.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

What a fucking farce.

Pete is no fun.
    Pete is up tight.
    Pete thinks too much.

Udub football is Pete.

Incoherent babble over.

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,527
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Meek said:

After the Rose Bowl Pete acknowledged things have to change. We all saw that as self-awareness that would result in changes for the bette

9 months later I've realized what he meant.

The "things" he referred to were college football in general - meaning everyone else but not him. When those "things" change his program will truly be able to compete on a level playing field.

He has no interest in changing UW to succeed in college football but rather insists that college football changes to suit his ideals.

Good luck with that!!

I don’t think that’s really it. His offense sucks and he is stubborn, but most of these answers are just pissed off answers to questions asked after a loss. There isn’t that much to read into it.

I still think he runs a program well. You don’t overhaul all of that because of a couple early season losses. Fans are supposed to lose their shit after losses.

Coaches aren’t going to abandon their whole philosophy. When they do, it rarely works and the coaches would look weak willed and panicky. See Jim Harbaugh and Michigan as an example. Les Miles at LSU is another.

I still think we should abandon the Pete offense and get new blood involved with the offense even if a new OC has to bring in a couple of his own guys. It’s been a continual pattern of disappointment on offense. It’s insanity to keep doing the same things.

Everything else just needs to be tweaked. Less whining about game start times and an obsession with routine. I don’t ever want a 9 am start but Pete saying the players would have to wake up at 4 am for those games was FS. Not everything needs to be a routine and have a comfort level. Players are supposed to be able to play in any condition and win. Quit making excuses when things don’t align with your perfect world.

We need to actually instill an aggressive, bully mindset instead of so much reading and reacting. Pete seems a little too enamored with the chess match aspect of football and not enough with the basics of simply kicking the shit outta the dude lined up across from you.

I know we always like the next batch of recruits better than the incumbents, but experience matters. Does anyone think the young, talented DL and DB’s won’t get better? They will. The LB talent and depth will improve. Same for WR. Bad years where things don’t align in the ideal way can happen and hopefully that’s all it is this year.
    football is 90% checkers and 10% chess.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Tequilla said:

2 conference titles and 3 NY6 games in the last 3 years isn’t rebuilding ... all but a few programs in the country would call that a success

Except the part where none of those NY6 games were wins. Most not shit tier Power 5 programs would be frustrated by that.
    Being frustrated and rebuilding are not the same things.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

There’s a difference between frustration and success

Frustration is why Pete’s not getting the benefit of the doubt at this point