Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Bittersweet relief

Comments

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,425 Swaye's Wigwam

BONEM I guess at this point.

I will enjoy the cuog being disappointed by losing more than I'll care if we beat them.

Maybe Pete is capable of winning a shity holiday bowl against Northwestern. Wohooo.

I cared only about the conference championship. There’s still plenty of leaves on the maple trees, and that chance is already gone.
    This conference is still completely capable of having a truly mediocre champion.

We won't be it.

Either way, it won't be chinteresting.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,953 Founders Club
    Join me on the Yankees bandwagon!
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter
    Well you could always move the family to Iran if you’re insistent on being an America-hating miserable fuck.
    Liverpool is 8-0-0. Real football imo.
    Or you can try to make it as a sex worker.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110
    PurpleJ said:

Well you could always move the family to Iran if you’re insistent on being an America-hating miserable fuck.

Wood Persian women.
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,024
    PurpleJ said:

Leicester let you off the hook.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    At least you still have "Beat Oregon, nothing else matters."
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter

At least you still have "Beat Oregon, nothing else matters."

No

PurpleJ said:

Leicester let you off the hook.
    Winners win.
  • CarlosDangerCarlosDanger Member Posts: 195
    "We Want Bama St."
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    Honestly after watching UW suck against Cal is it really a shocker they did it again. Spent all my anger on that game, other than being annoyed with the shitty receivers I’m just kind of like meh. At least I can get ahead of the Oregon loss by telling all my Oregon buddies that Oregon is gonna blow the doors of UW so they won’t get the glee of me being crushed when UW gets worked.

Seahawks are good, time to dust off the ol color rush 12 jersey I guess.
    When I feel sad I hit strangers in the face.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,529 Swaye's Wigwam

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

it's not fun when the season is over in basically September. We still have 4 marquee home matchups and basically nothing to play for anymore.

I love you grundle, but fuck off with this shit.

Ok
    sorry, this game really fucking got to me. This is my last year at UW, and I was really pumped for the home schedule, especially the Oregon game. I planned my weekends around these games, and to see it come crashing down really hurts, bad.
    Go get laid buddy.
    Some of us are married and don't have that option, you insensitive clod!
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,948 Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

Honestly after watching UW suck against Cal is it really a shocker they did it again. Spent all my anger on that game, other than being annoyed with the shitty receivers I’m just kind of like meh. At least I can get ahead of the Oregon loss by telling all my Oregon buddies that Oregon is gonna blow the doors of UW so they won’t get the glee of me being crushed when UW gets worked.

Seahawks are good, time to dust off the ol color rush 12 jersey I guess.

You had me until Seahawks.
    #metoo
  • NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000

When the friction point breaks between my caring and this teams caring, I get to do other shit. I’m not sure what that might be but I’ll figure it out.

Just spent the week at Great American Beer Festival. By the time this shit-show started I was feeling no pain. Beats the fuck out of waiting 15 hours for a fucking game I've been dreading for months to finally start at 9:30.

The team is basically where I thought they'd be. Wasn't sure if we'd lose this one or AZ (abundance?) but who TF cares. The defense is a little worse than I expected. Benning and Bryant are basically at new positions thus the D really has new starters at all 11 positions. That's absurd turnover/change. We were always going to struggle at times. We were always going to need the offense to win some of these games. Though they struggled before yesterday, Stanford has talent, solid if not spectacular coaching, and history - 6th most wins in last decade.

I'm surprised anyone's surprised at the offense. It wasn't ALL on ATBSJBS. This is Pete's baby and I can think of no one more stubborn than him. He's paid millions, gets whatever he wants, and is in no danger, so why would he change? Imagine being willing and able to run it right at your opponent in the fourth quarter to widen a lead in a close game (over someone besides WSU). We're not back until we can do that.

Pete's not going anywhere so get used to this dreck at least a couple times a year. If people need to take solace in some lame shit, well we are rarely truly as bad as we look playing at Stanford. Yay. Me? - meh; been numb for a long time.

TL;dr - Alcohol; recommended dosage of early and often to deal with UW Football since '06 Stanford, the day I cancelled my season tix.
  • DuckMayneDuckMayne Member Posts: 29
    Wow Husky fans taking this loss HARD! I normally wouldn't enjoy it but I know they would rip the Ducks if they had 2 shitty losses. I hope they sign Peterson to a lifetime contract and usc does the same with Helton. But speaking of usc, the huskies can be happy they got to play them with their 3rd string qb and without their 2 best defensive players. All those injuries gave them the easy win that they probably wouldn't have gotten if they were healthy.