Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Today we are all BearsWiin official thread

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,987

PurpleJ said:

It’s always coach speak sales talk bullshit until you back it up with results. I’m going with Cristobal sucks until he proves me wrong. He has a golden opportunity to win the conference this year, and before you give me the mentally weak qb line, remember that Pete won twice with Jack Browning. And I still hate Pete, because winning this soft loser conference isn’t that impressive. If he can’t do that, I don’t think he is worth bringing to Miami. Go find someone better.

Does that suffice Creep?

Not at all.

When Petersen was hired you guys were dancing around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots.

It's year 6 and only now is the bloom coming off the rose.

You've all been on Cristo since day one expecting title or bust.

We don't need to revisit all that; the only real head scratcher for me is the criticism of wanting to build his program on what he knows (and what works btw): physicality and running game.

The only thing I can surmise is you faggots are worried he might pull it off.
    Everyone expects more from Oregon. I’m fine with this.

That dumb fuck cristobal won 9 games in year 1 and beat the conference champs and it wasn’t good enough for anyone.

And was an eyelash from 10 against what I guess is today the P12's Bill Bellichick.

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,953 Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

It’s always coach speak sales talk bullshit until you back it up with results. I’m going with Cristobal sucks until he proves me wrong. He has a golden opportunity to win the conference this year, and before you give me the mentally weak qb line, remember that Pete won twice with Jack Browning. And I still hate Pete, because winning this soft loser conference isn’t that impressive. If he can’t do that, I don’t think he is worth bringing to Miami. Go find someone better.

Does that suffice Creep?

Not at all.

When Petersen was hired you guys were dancing around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots.

We don't need to revisit all that; the only real head scratcher for me is the criticism of wanting to build his program on what he knows (and what works btw): physicality and running game.

He should pull it off. Absolutely. What I just said. How bow dah.

If he leads his team to a magical bowl game blow out he has proven that he is as good as Pete.

Let’s run that back.
    So does Miami want him or not? That’s what I want to know.
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    edited October 2019
    PurpleJ said:

They will probably give Diaz a couple years.
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Does that suffice Creep?

Not at all.

He should pull it off. Absolutely. What I just said. How bow dah.

If he leads his team to a magical bowl game blow out he has proven that he is as good as Pete.

Let’s run that back.
    Cash me outside?
    PurpleJ said:

At this point, the jury is out.

I'll say this in all candor: while Oregon is hardly a football outpost, it still represents a challenge to get a team to elite status. There are just too many names and it doesn't grow its own talent. Similar issues to Washington, but more so.

Miami is another matter. If Cristo can get Oregon to a Rose or other NY6 and beat somebody decent, then yes, I'd take him. Any coach who can get Oregon to that point (on his own/not riding something someone else built) could do damage at Miami.

And Mario knows something that eludes many observers: the true Miami identity beyond a swarming and agressive defense is a physical running game. All great Miami teams were running teams with a complimentary passing game. Not the other way around.

If he can make Oregon TUFF, he could make Miami a bully again.

But, jury is still out. Let's see what he does with what will no doubt be a pissed off Washington team in Seattle. I'm guessing that will be Washington's season right there and the DAWGS! will be ready to rumble.
    That’s what I thought.

Also. DIAZZZZ NUTZ
  • DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    PurpleJ said:

He doesn’t want to go anywhere. He loves Oregon and Eugene. Right now he will be at Oregon as long as he wants to be.

• lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    DJDuck said:

PurpleJ said:

He doesn’t want to go anywhere. He loves Oregon and Eugene. Right now he will be at Oregon as long as he wants to be.

You want to believe this.
    edited October 2019
    DJDuck said:

PurpleJ said:

If he were successful and Miami came calling he'd be gone.

He's basically me, only slightly less handsome and a lot bigger.

If the right gig ever opened up in Miami I'd be there in five.
  • DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    T

DJDuck said:

PurpleJ said:

Totally disagree. He has two young sons and loves it in Eugene. The more important fact is his beautiful wife loves Oregon and Eugene.

DJDuck said:

T

DJDuck said:

PurpleJ said:

Totally disagree. He has two young sons and loves it in Eugene. The more important fact is his beautiful wife loves Oregon and Eugene.

On this issue, you are a preschool-aged child arguing physics with a Harvard PhD.

Trust me. He'd leave any place to coach the Hurricanes.

He may think the PNW is beautiful, as do I, but we both miss the weather, water and culture of S Fla.

I'd leave in a NY minute and I've been more or less stuck here for 35 years. He's been up here for 5 minutes.

And we haven't even gotten to the football part yet.

It's a no brainer.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

PurpleJ said:

Does that suffice Creep?

Not at all.

Everyone expects more from Oregon. I’m fine with this.

That dumb fuck cristobal won 9 games in year 1 and beat the conference champs and it wasn’t good enough for anyone.

He also got boatraced by WSU and Arizona. That won't be tolerated at Oregon for much longer, so it better not happen this season.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

PurpleJ said:

I'll say this in all candor: while Oregon is hardly a football outpost, it still represents a challenge to get a team to elite status. There are just too many names and it doesn't grow its own talent. Similar issues to Washington, but more so.

Miami is another matter. If Cristo can get Oregon to a Rose or other NY6 and beat somebody decent, then yes, I'd take him. Any coach who can get Oregon to that point (on his own/not riding something someone else built) could do damage at Miami.

And Mario knows something that eludes many observers: the true Miami identity beyond a swarming and agressive defense is a physical running game. All great Miami teams were running teams with a complimentary passing game. Not the other way around.

But, jury is still out. Let's see what he does with what will no doubt be a pissed off Washington team in Seattle. I'm guessing that will be Washington's season right there and the DAWGS! will be ready to rumble.
    I like the focus on the running game. The only problems is that our running backs suck. Give me James, Barner, Freeman, instead of Fumbler Dye.

PurpleJ said:

I like the focus on the running game. The only problems is that our running backs suck. Give me James, Barner, Freeman, instead of Fumbler Dye.
    Verdell runs hard but gets hurt too much. Dye is a decent change of pace back but he's really small and is what he is.

Not sure why they don't throw Felix in once in a while go see what he's got.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,584
    edited October 2019
    DJDuck said:

T

DJDuck said:

PurpleJ said:

Gross
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,631 Founders Club

I'll probably regret this so get your screen shots but I don't think Oregon should expect to light up the scoreboard

I like the Cal defense

I was not wrong
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,602
    edited October 2019
    cristobals sucks. He makes college football very difficult. Couldn’t care less if he went to Miami. He’ll do fuck all at Oregon.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

I'll probably regret this so get your screen shots but I don't think Oregon should expect to light up the scoreboard

I like the Cal defense

I was not wrong
    You only point out the times your right.

cristobals sucks. He makes college football very difficult. Couldn’t care less if he went to Miami. He’ll do fuck all at Oregon.

Lolz. Ok