Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How Tim Cook Won Donald Trump's Ear

pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,751
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
edited October 2019 in Tug Tavern
Apple CEO advocates for his company’s interests while avoiding a backlash from either employees or the president

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-tim-cook-won-donald-trumps-ear-11570248040

When Mr. Trump began working toward a planned tax cut in 2017, Mr. Cook told the president that Apple would invest more in the U.S. if it could bring its $250 billion in overseas cash back to the U.S. at a lower tax rate, one of the former administration officials said. Mr. Trump later cited Mr. Cook and Apple as he promoted a tax overhaul, this person added.

In early 2018, less than a month after the tax bill was signed, Apple announced it would contribute $350 billion to the U.S. economy over five years—a figure that included spending on parts and services, capital spending and tax payments. Even though that was consistent with Apple’s previous spending levels in the U.S., Mr. Cook went on ABC News to tout the commitment, as well as Apple’s promise to develop a new Apple campus, which it later awarded to Austin, Texas.

“The reason I speak to Tim Cook: He’s the one that calls me,” Mr. Trump said in August.

Comments

• Options
    RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    edited October 2019
    That's great for Apple and its stock holders. If you notice the article says that Apple's capital expenditures aren't going to change because of this. They now won't be have to issue debt to fund their domestic capital expenditure program such as the new campus. That campus was going to happen regardless of the tax break.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Yes Apple is investing in America, as they have since inception. I'm not sure that they actually brought jobs back. But other than that, cool story bro.

How much cash does Apple have now? I'd bet it's more than before the tax cuts. It's not like the tax cuts spurred them to invest any different than they would have.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

Yes Apple is investing in America, as they have since inception. I'm not sure that they actually brought jobs back. But other than that, cool story bro.

How much cash does Apple have now? I'd bet it's more than before the tax cuts. It's not like the tax cuts spurred them to invest any different than they would have.

Didn't read the article. Confirmed.

#HondoBros #lapdog #aclockworkshill #faggotwithanagenda
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,156
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Agitated by good news
  • Options
    Founders Club

Agitated by good news

Imagine rooting for the away team.
  • Options
    pawz said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

n early 2018, less than a month after the tax bill was signed, Apple announced it would contribute $350 billion to the U.S. economy over five years—a figure that included spending on parts and services, capital spending and tax payments. Even though that was consistent with Apple’s previous spending levels in the U.S., Mr. Cook went on ABC News to tout the commitment, as well as Apple’s promise to develop a new Apple campus, which it later awarded to Austin, Texas.

I didn't read the WSJ article but did it contradict itself somewhere? BTW, Apple's 2019 capex is expected to be less than 2018.

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,639
    HondoBros meltdown in 3,2,1.............

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Yeah, you didn’t read it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Agitated by good news

HondoBros want the economy to tank. Simple fact
  • Options
    The best part is they aren't building the new campus in Kali.

El Monte why is that? How could that possibly be? Why would they? How could they?
  • Options
    Sledog said:

El Monte why is that? How could that possibly be? Why would they? How could they?

Maybe because they already have one there?
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

California can do anything it wants and half the people living here hate themselves according to El Monte
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    pawz said:

2001400ex said:

Yes I know what the article said. And yes I know what Tim cook says. Just like everyone who said they'd close businesses because of Obamacare. Or that would move work to America from China if the tax cut went through yet didn't. Business owners say what they want to get what they want. Doesn't mean they'll actually do it. Or that it effected anything.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Hondo when you pay your taxes do write a check for more than you owe?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

Texas > California. Follow the money flow
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

Yes I know what the article said. And yes I know what Tim cook says. Just like everyone who said they'd close businesses because of Obamacare. Or that would move work to America from China if the tax cut went through yet didn't. Business owners say what they want to get what they want. Doesn't mean they'll actually do it. Or that it effected anything.
    No don’t. It’s behind a pay wall and we all know you can’t afford the WSJ. You didn’t read it.
  • Options

Sledog said:

All those Kali people will move there and Texas will be fucked too!
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

It’s already happening, fuckers are like locusts
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

It’s already happening, fuckers are like locusts
    It's a plot.