Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tanoa Togiai, 3* 2020 DL, Rigby (Rigby), ID (Offered)

Comments

• incremetal_progressincremetal_progress Member Posts: 358
    surprised this guy hasn't signed yet given his offers.
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    I find it weird Boise hasn’t offered him.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,063

He has a decent offer list. I'd rather have him than nobody although I would imagine Utah still has the upper hand with them.offering much earlier.
  • incremetal_progressincremetal_progress Member Posts: 358

He has a decent offer list. I'd rather have him than nobody although I would imagine Utah still has the upper hand with them.offering much earlier.
    maybe they're full. if there was that much mutual interest wouldn't he have already signed there?
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    "Yeah, they offered me," Rigby (Id.) DL Tanoa Togiai told Dawgman.com. "It's crazy. I am way excited about it!"

The Huskies join several schools that have already offered, including Utah, Nebraska, Kansas State, UCLA, Virginia, BYU and Colorado.

"They talked to me a while ago then and then I didn’t hear from them for a while, but they just started keeping in touch with me again recently," Togiai said. "Coach (Ikaika) Malloe is the coach that offered me and he said their recruiting process is a lot different than other schools and they said that’s why it took so long to offer."

Now that the Huskies have offered, Togiai, who has already visited Utah, Nebraska and Kansas State, plans to visit Washington later this month.

"They want me to come up on the 24th," Togiai said.

With one more visit, Togiai said he's still keeping his options open and may take his fifth and final visit before making his decision on Signing Day (February 5th).
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,063
    I feel like we stupidly planned on not taking a DL in this class and then in December realized that we absolutely needed one and had to make up months of not recruiting.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I feel like we stupidly planned on not taking a DL in this class and then in December realized that we absolutely needed one and had to make up months of not recruiting.

Nah they offered to many DL earlier to conclude they didn't want to take one.

I think they wanted one all along just could never decide who they really wanted.
  • Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    edited January 2020

https://realdawghuskies.com/huskies-offer-2020-idaho-d-lineman/

I LOVE Malloe but is anyone else concerned Malloe only seems to recruit Polys well? He struck out this year so far.... im guessing Princely is not taking that last OV visit here with this offer and we lost steam on Stephon Wright last year.

I’m so perplexed by the defensive coaches’ recruiting this class.

After a near epic/elite 2019 class on all three levels, it seemed like every coach mailed it in this year (Smalls notwithstanding) and was just like, “Nah, fuck it, we’ll let the offensive side of the ball have their year.”

Malloe has signed zero.

Gregory got two DDY1s.

Lake/Harris did OK, but not good or great.

Kwat of all coaches signed the best player in the class.

Weird, weird, weird year. Ready for 2019-20 to be over.
    Beno4Life said:

I LOVE Malloe but is anyone else concerned Malloe only seems to recruit Polys well? He struck out this year so far.... im guessing Princely is not taking that last OV visit here with this offer and we lost steam on Stephon Wright last year.

After a near epic/elite 2019 class on all three levels, it seemed like every coach mailed it in this year (Smalls notwithstanding) and was just like, “Nah, fuck it, we’ll let the offensive side of the ball have their year.”

Malloe has signed zero.

Gregory got two DDY1s.

Carson Bruener isn't a DDY1, FOH.

DDY hisself said this about him:

So, we just started following this kid - but he was first time all KingCo (I know, I know) as a sophomore.

Watch his hudl you idiots, the kid is a beast. If this were senior film I would be convinced he was worth a scholly, but this is sophomore film. Crazy closing speed. Great feet, a lot of power.

His RB film is better than Rich Newton's.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8481137/5a0d12aa3453080f10528854

And lest you say "that was two years ago, things change", here's what DDY said when he committed:

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Beno4Life said:

Malloe has signed zero.

Gregory got two DDY1s.

Giving all the credit to recruiting coaches is so FS. If you really think Smalls is coming to UW because of Kwat, you’re an idiot.
    Wait wat??? Kawasaki was not responsible for getting smalls?
  • Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    dnc said:

Beno4Life said:

Malloe has signed zero.

Gregory got two DDY1s.

So, we just started following this kid - but he was first time all KingCo (I know, I know) as a sophomore.

Watch his hudl you idiots, the kid is a beast. If this were senior film I would be convinced he was worth a scholly, but this is sophomore film. Crazy closing speed. Great feet, a lot of power.

And lest you say "that was two years ago, things change", here's what DDY said when he committed:

I love Bruener’s tape. I think he’ll be a solid option in three years, and I’m glad we took him.

But as a legacy recruit and WA native, it was a layup signing.

Whatever. I like this Togai’s film. Just wish we offered sooner and didn’t whiff on our first four targets.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Just get him signed. That we don't have any dl signings yet is still a huge pockmark on Malloe, who I love.
    Beno4Life said:

dnc said:

Beno4Life said:

Malloe has signed zero.

Gregory got two DDY1s.

I love Bruener’s tape. I think he’ll be a solid option in three years, and I’m glad we took him.

But as a legacy recruit and WA native, it was a layup signing.

Whatever. I like this Togai’s film. Just wish we offered sooner and didn’t whiff on our first four targets.
    I'm fine with saying he's a layup.

I'm not at all fine with calling him a DDY1.
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,024

"Yeah, they offered me," Rigby (Id.) DL Tanoa Togiai told Dawgman.com. "It's crazy. I am way excited about it!"

The Huskies join several schools that have already offered, including Utah, Nebraska, Kansas State, UCLA, Virginia, BYU and Colorado.

"They talked to me a while ago then and then I didn’t hear from them for a while, but they just started keeping in touch with me again recently," Togiai said. "Coach (Ikaika) Malloe is the coach that offered me and he said their recruiting process is a lot different than other schools and they said that’s why it took so long to offer."

Now that the Huskies have offered, Togiai, who has already visited Utah, Nebraska and Kansas State, plans to visit Washington later this month.

"They want me to come up on the 24th," Togiai said.

With one more visit, Togiai said he's still keeping his options open and may take his fifth and final visit before making his decision on Signing Day (February 5th).

Can’t believe they tell kids this. He was offered late because he is/was probably our 8th option. When the first seven said no, you got your offer.
    Lying to recruits is a good start for the Lake Era. Gotta play the game
    They’ve been doing the “we do things different” shtick since Pete.