Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gee surprise,surprise ICIG Admits it Changed Whistleblower Rules BECAUSE of the Anti-Trump Complaint

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,557
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Intelligence Community Inspector General Michael Atkinson released a statement on Monday addressing the changes.

In the letter Atkinson admitted the changes to the form were made at the time of the partisan CIA leaker’s complaint.

The ICIG also admitted that it changed its own whistleblower rules *because of the anti-Trump complaint* from the CIA spy:

In June 2019, the newly hired Director for the Center for Protected Disclosures entered on duty. Thus, the Center for Protected Disclosures has been reviewing the forms provided to whistleblowers who wish to report information with respect to an urgent concern to the congressional intelligence committees. In the process of reviewing and clarifying those forms, and in response to recent press inquiries regarding the instant whistleblower complaint, the ICIG understood that certain language in those forms and, more specifically, the informational materials accompanying the forms, could be read – incorrectly – as suggesting that whistleblowers must possess first-hand information in order to file an urgent concern complaint with the congressional intelligence committees.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    This has legs!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gosh the mullertards got caught in another big lie

• Options

Gosh the mullertards got caught in another big lie

Caught? 😂
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

This has legs!

Glad you can see that since it was the ICIG admitting they changed rules specifically for this complaint.

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    The law didn't require that the information be first-hand, but the way the law had been implemented was to require that the Whistle blower did have first hand info. They even wrote up the whistle blower forms to include that requirement even though it wasn't required by the statute. The discretion of the IG required a higher standard than required by the law. That changed in August, and they did have to change their forms based upon this change.

• Options
    Impeachment inquiry is underway and a vote is expected later this year.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,220
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    SFGbob said:

The law didn't require that the information be first-hand, but the way the law had been implemented was to require that the Whistle blower did have first hand info. They even wrote up the whistle blower forms to include that requirement even though it wasn't required by the statute. The discretion of the IG required a higher standard than required by the law. That changed in August, and they did have to change their forms based upon this change.

blob supports unelected bureaucrats changing the laws. He's "conservative" that way.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Intelligence Community Inspector General Michael Atkinson released a statement on Monday addressing the changes.

In the letter Atkinson admitted the changes to the form were made at the time of the partisan CIA leaker’s complaint.

The ICIG also admitted that it changed its own whistleblower rules *because of the anti-Trump complaint* from the CIA spy:

In June 2019, the newly hired Director for the Center for Protected Disclosures entered on duty. Thus, the Center for Protected Disclosures has been reviewing the forms provided to whistleblowers who wish to report information with respect to an urgent concern to the congressional intelligence committees. In the process of reviewing and clarifying those forms, and in response to recent press inquiries regarding the instant whistleblower complaint, the ICIG understood that certain language in those forms and, more specifically, the informational materials accompanying the forms, could be read – incorrectly – as suggesting that whistleblowers must possess first-hand information in order to file an urgent concern complaint with the congressional intelligence committees.

So your source agrees that it doesn't have to be first hand knowledge. Got it.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,238
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Impeachment inquiry is underway and a vote is expected later this year.

• Options
    DJDuck said:

This has legs!

Glad you can see that since it was the ICIG admitting they changed rules specifically for this complaint.

I don't personally care why a government form is changed when it brings the form into compliance with the law.

Big win for Daddy though. Obviously.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

blob supports unelected bureaucrats changing the laws. He's "conservative" that way.
    Where did I say that I supported it my lying Kunt of friend? I assume that this higher standard didn't just start with Trump that it also existed under Obama. The way the Federal bureaucracy works many laws and their enforcement are left up to the bureaucracy. That's why I want a smaller, less powerful Federal government to limit this kind of crap. But please return to your strawman's asswhole O'Keefed.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Where did I say that I supported it my lying Kunt of friend? I assume that this higher standard didn't just start with Trump that it also existed under Obama. The way the Federal bureaucracy works many laws and their enforcement are left up to the bureaucracy. That's why I want a smaller, less powerful Federal government to limit this kind of crap. But please return to your strawman's asswhole O'Keefed.
    Why did they change the law in August, blob!?!?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    O'Keefed appears to support a sliding scale of legal enforcement dependent upon the political party that holds office.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    SFGbob said:

O'Keefed appears to support a sliding scale of legal enforcement dependent upon the political party that holds office.

blob: "So why was the whistle blower law changed in August?"
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2019
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

I was wrong, the law wasn't change, the way it was being enforced was changed.

Do you see how easy it is when you're not a lying Kunt?

Now where did I say that I supported unelected bureaucrats changing the laws?
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Some of us pointed out here that the "changed law" claim was bullshit the day before. See how easy it is when you don't live in an echo chamber?
  • Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    The Disclosure of Urgent Concern form the Complainant submitted on August 12, 2019 is the same form the ICIG has had in place since May 24, 2018
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Some of us pointed out here that the "changed law" claim was bullshit the day before. See how easy it is when you don't live in an echo chamber?
    Fuck you O'Keefed, What is it five or six years ago when the Gentle Giant shooting happened and you still lie your ass off about it.

Hell just the other day you lied your ass off about statements you made about Hillary's emails. Go fuck yourself. I took time to inform myself of the facts and now admit my initial take was wrong.

Would you care to go over some of the topics where you still continue to lie your fuck ass off?