Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW is ranked 45th in the Nation in Total Defense

UO is ranked 10. Thoughts?

Comments

• EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,151
    Good. 0regon fans celebrate yards and CUOGS celebrate the number of first downs.

Hint for you. Points (and therefore, wins) are actually the reason (and measure) for playing the game. Yardage is a nice distraction for buffoons.

Carry on.

HTH.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    It's no secret that Washington's defense is mediocre this year. Swaye has been leading the drumbeat on that. This is all meaningless until Oregon and UW meet for what will probably decide the North on October 19th. I'm also not so thrilled with these numbers considering how awful the Oregon offense has been. Oregon could have the #1 defense in the country and that offense as it is now, will lead them to defeat in Seattle.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Maybe its time to put to rest the notion that Washington has the best defense in the conference.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117

Maybe its time to put to rest the notion that Washington has the best defense in the conference.

If you've read these boards you'd know that no one thinks our D is the best in conference right now. But Oregon's defensive stats are greatly inflated due to their competition thus far. You won't learn much when they play Cal with their backup QB this weekend either. If you guys hold Colorado to under 14 points next week then I'll be impressed.
    edited September 2019

So far Oregon has played a true frosh QB in his first ever start, a Nevada team that scored 3 points against Hawaii, a FCS team, and a limp dick Stanford team with a QB with a broken throwing hand. If you aren't in the top 10 after those 4 games then you guys are fucked.

Yep. I was kind of impressed with 0regon's team so far until I looked at net point differential for the four games they have played against teams with half a pulse. Yes, Auburn has one. But no one else does, so I am being generous.

Guess who has the higher point differential (UW v 0regon) even with a loss in a totally bizarre will never again happen circumstance?

I'll let you guess. Please don't give the quooks the answer.

edited September 2019

I think you should kill yourself.

Think? Come on man have more confidence in yourself.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

4 straight years headed for 5

Maybe its time you swallowed gasoline and lit a match
    You seem a bit shaken up. I don't think you expected Oregon to field a better defense than you. This is the new normal. Get used to it or go home.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    edited September 2019
    I'm surprised Derek hasn't moved this to the Duck board. Take your dick takes over there. I forgot. Derek ought to make sure any dick Duck that wants to post on here has to donate. Pay up you cheap dick Duck.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
    I think it’s awesome

I hope they have a top 10 defense all year and a Heisman Trophy candidate at QB

Will be special to hear the excuses why playing Iowa in Sun Bowl

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

It's no secret that Washington's defense is mediocre this year. Swaye has been leading the drumbeat on that. This is all meaningless until Oregon and UW meet for what will probably decide the North on October 19th. I'm also not so thrilled with these numbers considering how awful the Oregon offense has been. Oregon could have the #1 defense in the country and that offense as it is now, will lead them to defeat in Seattle.

It’s above average. It’s just not as good as the past few years.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam

P12 North comes down to Apple Cup...always has and always will
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    I love the coveted "best defense in the conference" trophy that now all the sudden matters to Oregon fans.

We just want the North and Conference. Who gives a fuck how you get there.
    edited September 2019

4 straight years headed for 5

Maybe its time you swallowed gasoline and lit a match
    You seem a bit shaken up. I don't think you expected Oregon to field a better defense than you. This is the new normal. Get used to it or go home.
    Washington is going to curb stomp Oregon

Short week (well, home sunday late after travel to desert) after two tough (? - P12) road gaymes.

But, yes. I am getting less and less worried about 0regon the closer we actually get to the gayme.

• BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    edited September 2019

UO is ranked 10. Thoughts?

awfully granular for September