Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Elijah Molden and Myles Bryant

13»

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter
    edited September 2019

I think Bryant will go pretty high specifically to guard slot WR’s. It’s not s first round role, but teams needs guys like him who can cover and tackle.

Didn’t he grade out pretty high last year and we all were like DaFuq? This year he’s straight ballin’ like BBK
    I saw Chest was harping about recruiting and said, “We are still playing an undersized walk on at safety.” It’s just funny to me anyone would still consider him that. He’s one of the best DB’s in the conference and would start at every PAC 12 school.
    He and Molden are our two best players by far in the secondary. Let’s be real though, he is playing out of position. If we are talking about competing at a playoff level.

I love Bryant but the second this team lines up with a bama, Clemson Oklahoma etc they look at ways to exploit that. Stanford and penn state are examples. He didn’t even play that much vs Stanford last year. Love him. But he is limited. This year he is the best we got though.
    NFL players aren’t a liability. He’s not a liability against anyone. Put Budda against a 6’5” WR and he’s getting abused too.

He didn’t play at all vs Stanford last year because he was hurt. He’s not a lock down CB and he never has been. He’s a football player. He can tackle in space, blitz, and guard slots and RB’s. He’s a better safety than CB too. I don’t think he’s out of position. He’s good in the role he has, and we needed to get Molden at his best position.
    I must be wrong about the Stanford game last year. I thought he was suited up but must be wrong.

Yes outside corner is not his best position. He was still in position most of the time but was owned against talented wr’s.

He is a good football player. I think Nickel is his best spot. I expect him to be exploited against good teams with his limitations. That being said he is one of our best players. Our defense is not the same level this year.
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,309

I think Bryant will go pretty high specifically to guard slot WR’s. It’s not s first round role, but teams needs guys like him who can cover and tackle.

Didn’t he grade out pretty high last year and we all were like DaFuq? This year he’s straight ballin’ like BBK
    I saw Chest was harping about recruiting and said, “We are still playing an undersized walk on at safety.” It’s just funny to me anyone would still consider him that. He’s one of the best DB’s in the conference and would start at every PAC 12 school.
    He and Molden are our two best players by far in the secondary. Let’s be real though, he is playing out of position. If we are talking about competing at a playoff level.

I love Bryant but the second this team lines up with a bama, Clemson Oklahoma etc they look at ways to exploit that. Stanford and penn state are examples. He didn’t even play that much vs Stanford last year. Love him. But he is limited. This year he is the best we got though.
    NFL players aren’t a liability. He’s not a liability against anyone. Put Budda against a 6’5” WR and he’s getting abused too.

He didn’t play at all vs Stanford last year because he was hurt. He’s not a lock down CB and he never has been. He’s a football player. He can tackle in space, blitz, and guard slots and RB’s. He’s a better safety than CB too. I don’t think he’s out of position. He’s good in the role he has, and we needed to get Molden at his best position.
    I must be wrong about the Stanford game last year. I thought he was suited up but must be wrong.

Yes outside corner is not his best position. He was still in position most of the time but was owned against talented wr’s.

He is a good football player. I think Nickel is his best spot. I expect him to be exploited against good teams with his limitations. That being said he is one of our best players. Our defense is not the same level this year.
    Yeah he didn't play against Stanford last year, I don't think we know if he was actually injured or just benched because of the mismatches
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,055

Yeah he didn't play against Stanford last year, I don't think we know if he was actually injured or just benched because of the mismatches
    I thought he had a hamstring issue for the game last year and that is why he sat.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited September 2019
    Houhusky said:

I have no idea how Brant will test, He would have to test in top 3 in all the speed and agility drills to go in the first 3 rounds. More likely someone takes a flyer on him in the 5th or 6th.

He is just too limited in the NFL because of his size. Any team he goes to will limit him strictly to specialty slot corner/nickel (on smaller WRs) and special teams duty. He wont be as effective against the run or blitzing in the NFL and he wont be able to cover NFL TEs or play any sort of safety.

He has been a great college player for us and thats really all that matters.

Molden has basically all the same limitations, I dont see him leaving early as a true junior.

Isn't this your schtick with basically every early entry candidate? You were on the Byron Murphy sucks wagon at this point last year, you swore Jaylen Nowell should not go and was coming back. I think you just don't like players leaving early and default to saying they won't.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited September 2019
    dnc said:

Houhusky said:

I have no idea how Brant will test, He would have to test in top 3 in all the speed and agility drills to go in the first 3 rounds. More likely someone takes a flyer on him in the 5th or 6th.

He is just too limited in the NFL because of his size. Any team he goes to will limit him strictly to specialty slot corner/nickel (on smaller WRs) and special teams duty. He wont be as effective against the run or blitzing in the NFL and he wont be able to cover NFL TEs or play any sort of safety.

Molden has basically all the same limitations, I dont see him leaving early as a true junior.

Isn't this your schtick with basically every early entry candidate? You were on the Byron Murphy sucks wagon at this point last year, you swore Jaylen Nowell should not go and was coming back. I think you just don't like players leaving early and default to saying they won't.
    Fuck off. I never said Murphy sucked... I said he was counting his money early sometimes... particularly when he played soft several times last year. I always acknowledged he was a phenomenal talent.

I said Nowell shouldnt leave because he would go around pick 45 and that isnt a great place to go and I thought he could improve his spot by being the leader on a more talented team the next year... he went 43

DIAFF
  • Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533

Myles Bryant is a walk on who had an offer. That’s vastly different than a preferred walk on invite. He knew he could earn the scholly.

Drew Fowler will be the next kid to play into a scholly( offered by Utah, decided he wanted to stay home)

I think Drew Fowler is better than Manu...and 2019 Wellington. As in, right now.
    Houhusky said:

dnc said:

Houhusky said:

Fuck off. I never said Murphy sucked... I said he was counting his money early sometimes... particularly when he played soft several times last year. I always acknowledged he was a phenomenal talent.

I said Nowell shouldnt leave because he would go around pick 45 and that isnt a great place to go and I thought he could improve his spot by being the leader on a more talented team the next year... he went 43

DIAFF
    I'm right you don't like kids leaving early though
    edited September 2019
    dnc said:

Houhusky said:

dnc said:

Houhusky said:

DIAFF
    There are uw fans who like it when "the kids" leave UW early?
    Houhusky said:

dnc said:

Houhusky said:

dnc said:

Houhusky said:

DIAFF
    I'm just saying you're the guy who would have argued that Emterman should come back for his senior year to prove he could rush the passer.
    edited September 2019
    dnc said:

Houhusky said:

dnc said:

Houhusky said:

dnc said:

Houhusky said:

DIAFF
    I'm just saying you're the guy who would have argued that Emterman should come back for his senior year to prove he could rush the passer.
    I'm just saying you're the guy who takes someone saying that Nowell would go around 45 if he left and that Murphy was already counting his NFL 1st round money at times and twist it into some smooth brained retard point that doesnt even make sense about not being happy when players leave UW early.
    Houhusky said:

dnc said:

Houhusky said:

dnc said:

Houhusky said:

dnc said:

Houhusky said:

DIAFF
    I'm just saying you're the guy who takes someone saying that Nowell would go around 45 if he left and that Murphy was already counting his NFL 1st round money at times and twist it into some smooth brained retard point that doesnt even make sense about not being happy when players leave UW early.
    You keep trying to convince yourself people are coming back who aren't coming back. I'm just trying to help you out mayne.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,539 Swaye's Wigwam
    @RoadDawg55

Holding the wall against retards who still can't accept that Myles Bryant and BBK are really, really good?
    Fighting the good fight against the TBS obsession, #racegate, FS etc. at every possible chance?

How drunk am I getting every night?... Are you one of my alts?

...Am I one of your alts!?

Or

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

To me there is no discernible difference between him and the Duck's Thomas Graham.
    I’m not that familiar with Graham, but from the little I’ve seen, he’s good.