Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Elijah Molden and Myles Bryant

Both great players. Hope Molden stays. Both will be tough to replace. Round 2-4 guys.

Comments

• KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,055

Both great players. Hope Molden stays. Both will be tough to replace. Round 2-4 guys.

Base on size, I don't see Molden in the 1st 2 rounds. 3rd sounds fare. Bryant is a really good college player but imo is way to small to draft before the 6th or 7th rd. I hope I am wrong.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    i think molden's tape is late 3rd round, he could benefit from another year but he gone. bryant since JR been money
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236

I don't think they will be that hard to replace actually.

Secondary recruiting is going great so you will see high end croots vying for a starting position. Good competition.
    You're just going to see bigger croots unless you see the next molden or Murphy jr come along
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    animate said:

I don't think they will be that hard to replace actually.

Secondary recruiting is going great so you will see high end croots vying for a starting position. Good competition.
    You're just going to see bigger croots unless you see the next molden or Murphy jr come along
    Two are playing as freshman now, Asa is going to be a stud next year.
  • HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,257
    I don't think Elijah Molden will get a second day grade, but then what the fuck do I know I thought Kevin King was a piece of shit LAN his first two seasons with us.

Would love to see another year of Molden along with Keith Taylor, Trent McDuffie, Cameron Williams, Kyler Gordon and Asa Turner.

McDuffie is going to be a stud for us next couple of years.
    I can’t wait to see Asa playing in Myles position with his length and physicality
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Molten is going no where
  • biak1biak1 Member Posts: 4,091
    Bryant is the heart of the defense. Both he and Molden playing at a high level right now. Molden been spending too much time around Nez Perce Jonny though.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,000
    edited September 2019
    Funny. I remember this entire board on Bryant and his type of player. Too short and stumpy. Why do we play these guys. Not long enough. Not fast enough. Short try-hard player.

I have no idea how Bryant will be evaluated; my sense is with guys like that (short and quick but lacking elite speed) the ones who get drafted 1-3 have serious highlight reels and big position stats.

Amadi admittedly is a bit of a tweener but at 200 lbs is more of a force against the run. Keep in mind too he had a great senior year with pretty solid stats as a safety, including a couple of pick 6s and was a talented punt returner. Bryant is more of a pure corner than Amadi and thus will be evaluated on that alone, for better and for worse.

Hard players to compare, but if I'm looking for a role player in the draft I'd take Amdadi first.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Funny. I remember this entire board on Bryant and his type of player. Too short and stumpy. Why do we play these guys. Not long enough. Not fast enough. Short try-hard player.

I have no idea how Bryant will be evaluated; my sense is with guys like that (short and quick but lacking elite speed) the ones who get drafted 1-3 have serious highlight reels and big position stats.

Amadi admittedly is a bit of a tweener but at 200 lbs is more of a force against the run. Keep in mind too he had a great senior year with pretty solid stats as a safety, including a couple of pick 6s and was a talented punt returner. Bryant is more of a pure corner than Amadi and thus will be evaluated on that alone, for better and for worse.

Hard players to compare, but if I'm looking for a role player in the draft I'd take Amdadi first.

He will play on Sundays for sure, not sure through the draft tough
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236
    Bryant has enough juice and twitch to have a team take a flyer on him in the draft.

Plus, what he displays on tape is also going to be augmented by teams perceiving a positive reputation as being Jimmy lake/Peterman well trained, disciplined and okg shit.

So, if he keeps this up I can see maybe 3rd round tops for teams that play this kind of defense and fall in love with him and his combine workout and interview.

But realistically maybe 5-6th round ... maybe. He's kinda like Taylor Rapp but 3 inches shorter and 15-20 lbs lighter.
  • DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 708
    Saw some NFL mock drafts. It’s a deep draft for DB. If you’re a bubble player next draft may not be the year to test
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    I have no idea how Brant will test, He would have to test in top 3 in all the speed and agility drills to go in the first 3 rounds. More likely someone takes a flyer on him in the 5th or 6th.

He is just too limited in the NFL because of his size. Any team he goes to will limit him strictly to specialty slot corner/nickel (on smaller WRs) and special teams duty. He wont be as effective against the run or blitzing in the NFL and he wont be able to cover NFL TEs or play any sort of safety.

He has been a great college player for us and thats really all that matters.

Molden has basically all the same limitations, I dont see him leaving early as a true junior.
    edited September 2019

I think Bryant will go pretty high specifically to guard slot WR’s. It’s not s first round role, but teams needs guys like him who can cover and tackle.

Didn’t he grade out pretty high last year and we all were like DaFuq? This year he’s straight ballin’ like BBK