Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Elijah Molden and Myles Bryant

Comments

• animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236

animate said:

Bryant has enough juice and twitch to have a team take a flyer on him in the draft.

Plus, what he displays on tape is also going to be augmented by teams perceiving a positive reputation as being Jimmy lake/Peterman well trained, disciplined and okg shit.

So, if he keeps this up I can see maybe 3rd round tops for teams that play this kind of defense and fall in love with him and his combine workout and interview.

But realistically maybe 5-6th round ... maybe. He's kinda like Taylor Rapp but 3 inches shorter and 15-20 lbs lighter.

Good post except he's nothing like Taylor Rapp.
    He's a decent blitzer, can hit and cover. Is athletic and confident. He's mainly shorter, lighter and blacker.

What he does he does well. He's just attractive to a select number of teams because of his limited physical attributes.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

animate said:

Bryant has enough juice and twitch to have a team take a flyer on him in the draft.

Plus, what he displays on tape is also going to be augmented by teams perceiving a positive reputation as being Jimmy lake/Peterman well trained, disciplined and okg shit.

So, if he keeps this up I can see maybe 3rd round tops for teams that play this kind of defense and fall in love with him and his combine workout and interview.

But realistically maybe 5-6th round ... maybe. He's kinda like Taylor Rapp but 3 inches shorter and 15-20 lbs lighter.

Yeah he suits up and plays
    God I love you race.........no homo

I think Bryant will go pretty high specifically to guard slot WR’s. It’s not s first round role, but teams needs guys like him who can cover and tackle.

Didn’t he grade out pretty high last year and we all were like DaFuq? This year he’s straight ballin’ like BBK
    I saw Chest was harping about recruiting and said, “We are still playing an undersized walk on at safety.” It’s just funny to me anyone would still consider him that. He’s one of the best DB’s in the conference and would start at every PAC 12 school.
    His sophomore year he made some mistakes, but his JR year he was really good, now he is great for his position this year

FirePete said:

I think Bryant will go pretty high specifically to guard slot WR’s. It’s not s first round role, but teams needs guys like him who can cover and tackle.

Didn’t he grade out pretty high last year and we all were like DaFuq? This year he’s straight ballin’ like BBK
    I saw Chest was harping about recruiting and said, “We are still playing an undersized walk on at safety.” It’s just funny to me anyone would still consider him that. He’s one of the best DB’s in the conference and would start at every PAC 12 school.
    His sophomore year he made some mistakes, but his JR year he was really good, now he is great for his position this year
    He was good as a sophomore too except against Stanford and Penn State. Again, he wasn’t the only one getting beat those games. Is Kyler Gordon better than Bryant in their 2nd year of the program? I would say no.

He also never redshirted. He’s always been good. It was another dumb narrative that was invented because of TBS obsession.
    My issue was why is he out there when is so physical disadvantaged. He is good player, but to cover 6”5 receiver he has to pretty much play perfect
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,024
    Molden will go in the top 3 rounds.
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942

Myles Bryant is a walk on who had an offer. That’s vastly different than a preferred walk on invite. He knew he could earn the scholly.

Drew Fowler will be the next kid to play into a scholly( offered by Utah, decided he wanted to stay home)

Yes thank you for mentioning that.

I'd be happy to have Bryant on the Hawks next year, whether thru a mid - late round pick or udfa.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,000
    edited September 2019

To me there is no discernible difference between him and the Duck's Thomas Graham.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,000

animate said:

Yeah he suits up and plays
    I see what you did there. Crafty old man.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter

He and Molden are our two best players by far in the secondary. Let’s be real though, he is playing out of position. If we are talking about competing at a playoff level.

I love Bryant but the second this team lines up with a bama, Clemson Oklahoma etc they look at ways to exploit that. Stanford and penn state are examples. He didn’t even play that much vs Stanford last year. Love him. But he is limited. This year he is the best we got though.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Fucktard hot take of the year. Watch the Rosebowl tape and explain how Myles Bryant sucks.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    FirePete said:

FirePete said:

He was good as a sophomore too except against Stanford and Penn State. Again, he wasn’t the only one getting beat those games. Is Kyler Gordon better than Bryant in their 2nd year of the program? I would say no.

He also never redshirted. He’s always been good. It was another dumb narrative that was invented because of TBS obsession.
    My issue was why is he out there when is so physical disadvantaged. He is good player, but to cover 6”5 receiver he has to pretty much play perfect
    Because the starters, Miller and Murphy, were out injured
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    If Molden falls to the third or fourth round, whoever gets him will be an absolute steal. Molden is really really good.