Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

2-8-1

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,029 Founders Club
Since college football was invented in 1975, we? are 2 - 8 - 1 vs. USC when both teams are ranked in the Top 25.

Comments

• EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,151
    edited September 2019

Since college football was invented in 1975, we? are 2 - 8 - 1 vs. USC when both teams are ranked in the Top 25.

Serious question. How many of those involve Gil Dobie, Don James or Chris Peterman as coach. I'll wait.

Edit : or how many don't. I can subtract. Just curious if it changes the data any. Thanks.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,029 Founders Club
    EwaDawg said:

Serious question. How many of those involve Gil Dobie, Don James or Chris Peterman as coach. I'll wait.

Edit : or how many don't. I can subtract. Just curious if it changes the data any. Thanks.
    This is just since college football was invented. Most of these were DJ, plus a few Lambo and Petersen.
    edited September 2019

EwaDawg said:

The other shit coaches would have needed UW to be ranked to qualify for the list.
    Its a pretty meaningless stat unless we know more. Some one crunched the numbers. All I know is Peterman is 1-1 against USC ranked or not.

James probably had a losing record against a ranked USC (when we were ranked) but we don't know that. No one wants to provide that data.

BTW, from James' departure in '93 there were 15 years before we bottomed out. It would be nice to know the details. Otherwise, I know Peterman is 1-1 against SC talent.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
    James was 2-4 when both were ranked

Overall he was tied with USC. Couldn't beat UCLA though

EwaDawg said:

This is just since college football was invented. Most of these were DJ, plus a few Lambo and Petersen.
    Ya, I was being a smart ass with dobie but the point being the results from anyone but James or Peterman are meaningless to me.

James was 2-4 when both were ranked

Overall he was tied with USC. Couldn't beat UCLA though

Thanks. I suspected James had the two wins.

And also that he was mediocre against a ranked SC when he was ranked. I am hoping for better from Peterman. Likely, a false hope.

Pretty much in line that everyone else was winless against SC when both were ranked.

edited September 2019

EwaDawg said:

The other shit coaches would have needed UW to be ranked to qualify for the list.
    Moral of the story is that whenever we are good and USC is good, we usually shrivel dick and shit the bed. It's why @creepycoug doesn't respeck us.
    That was B4. This may be B5. Which is why the Peterman data is important. Thanks to Race, we now know USC wasn't ranked when Peterman won in 2015. Were they ranked in '16 when we lost?

BTW - I don't care if/why a retard doesn't respect us.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
    A quick scan of the roster shows 24 Huskies from So Cal including the IE and the desert. Most seemed to be freshmen or redshirt

James had a bigger contingent as I recall. That was why the games were so hard hitting. We? played every year until the Pac 10 then played most years. It was the kids on the field that got after it renewing old rivalries, not the mythical USC respect for UW that made the games good

USC is our rival, we aren't there's. And that has changed some now that our non rival to the south has had some success. BONEM
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

Moral of the story is that whenever we are good and USC is good, we usually shrivel dick and shit the bed. It's why @creepycoug doesn't respeck us.
    That was B4. This may be B5. Which is why the Peterman data is important. Thanks to Race, we now know USC wasn't ranked when Peterman won in 2015. Were they ranked in '16 when we lost?
    yes
    dnc said:

EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

yes
    Thanks.

So Peterman needs to win this week to be substantially better than James?

Until then, he is substantially worse.

Thanks for doing all the work.

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,564 Swaye's Wigwam
    I remember a TUFF 2009 DAWG squad getting the WIN against #3 USC led by a BACKUP in the DAWG house!!!!!!111!!!111!!111

Shades of 2009 in MOONTLAKE
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,029 Founders Club

I remember a TUFF 2009 DAWG squad getting the WIN against #3 USC led by a BACKUP in the DAWG house!!!!!!111!!!111!!111

Shades of 2009 in MOONTLAKE

Imagine Browning on the last drive of that game.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    I hope pete can beat helton