Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

DDY is right you know

2»

Comments

• BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

FirePete said:

I was more impressed with dick’s awareness to drag his feet at the end zone. A redshirt RB knew he had to do that. Wow

How about true freshman WRs we whiffed on? Im hereing its just too hard for them.

Ngata liked us fine. He just didn't want to wait three years to play.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,977 Founders Club
    Baseman said:

FirePete said:

I was more impressed with dick’s awareness to drag his feet at the end zone. A redshirt RB knew he had to do that. Wow

How about true freshman WRs we whiffed on? Im hereing its just too hard for them.

Ngata liked us fine. He just didn't want to wait three years to play.

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    edited September 2019

I sure as hell hope Petersen has the epiphany he needs to get to the next level and make changes to his approach, especially to QB recruiting, development and play. Eason wanted to come to Washington but knew that as long as noodle arm had a pulse there was never going to be a legitimate QB competition. Browning was as close to the Kellen Moore prototype that has been Pete's ideal QB for his system and Pete is very biased towards recruiting offensive players, especially QBs, to fit his system. Eason appears to be the most naturally gifted QB talent at UW in a long time, perhaps ever, and an offense should be adapted to showcase the most talented players' natural abilities. This is the approach the most successful, elite program coaches take. It's time Petersen adapt, or GTFO.

If Eason wanted to go to Washington out of High School, there would have been a Woof.

He’s a very good QB when given time in the pocket. Makes a ton of unreal Sunday throws.

So was Jake.

Minus the Sunday throws of course.

There will be a couple of games more when He has to move his feet to make plays. Didn’t do so well at it against Cal. SC will get him off of his spot. But I don’t think it will matter as UW will jump on them quick and He won’t be forced to drop back much in bad leverage situations.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    When Jake separated his shoulder at Oregon State, Eason would’ve burned his redshirt against Cal and SC.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    salemcoog said:

I sure as hell hope Petersen has the epiphany he needs to get to the next level and make changes to his approach, especially to QB recruiting, development and play. Eason wanted to come to Washington but knew that as long as noodle arm had a pulse there was never going to be a legitimate QB competition. Browning was as close to the Kellen Moore prototype that has been Pete's ideal QB for his system and Pete is very biased towards recruiting offensive players, especially QBs, to fit his system. Eason appears to be the most naturally gifted QB talent at UW in a long time, perhaps ever, and an offense should be adapted to showcase the most talented players' natural abilities. This is the approach the most successful, elite program coaches take. It's time Petersen adapt, or GTFO.

If Eason wanted to go to Washington out of High School, there would have been a Woof.

He’s a very good QB when given time in the pocket. Makes a ton of unreal Sunday throws.

So was Jake.

There will be a couple of games more when He has to move his feet to make plays. Didn’t do so well at it against Cal. SC will get him off of his spot. But I don’t think it will matter as UW will jump on them quick and He won’t be forced to drop back much in bad leverage situations.
    7 drops hth
    T

salemcoog said:

So was Jake.

7 drops hth
    IT WAS DA DWOPS!!!!
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Completion percentage is a dumb stat. Yards per attempt and TD:INT are probably the best stats for judging QB’s efficiency.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    salemcoog said:

T

salemcoog said:

So was Jake.

7 drops hth
    IT WAS DA DWOPS!!!!
    Yeah, Eason should have caught those balls himself!!

Not your best thread.
    dnc said:

salemcoog said:

T

salemcoog said:

So was Jake.

7 drops hth
    IT WAS DA DWOPS!!!!
    Yeah, Eason should have caught those balls himself!!

Not your best thread.
    I acknowledged Eason was a very good QB with Sunday skills.

I also pointed out that He, like almost every QB who has played the game, struggled when pushed off of his mark.

I’m thinking my take got one foot in bounds.

Completion percentage is a dumb stat. Yards per attempt and TD:INT are probably the best stats for judging QB’s efficiency.

Preach.