Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Litmus test

2»

Comments

• WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,792
    edited September 2019
    dannarc said:

Biggest game of our lifetim

They will come out throwing Taylors way ALOT, if he cleans things up and improves i like our chances. I was surprised how well we beat down Jebodiah Smif U, hopefully we beat SC well enough that Helton keeps his job

Taylor is fine he had a good game and took one bad beat. Its Gordon who has been getting torched but McDuffie balled out and took his spot because Lake lets his guys do that. I still think Gordon will be extremely good.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,792

Stavros or whoever came off the bench and beat Stanford. Given a week to think about it he lost to BYU then got hurt against Utah

So Fink comes in unconscious and lights it up

Now he gets a week to think about it and get all coached up so he is paralyzed by his reads

He’s gonna throw a shitload of balls up and we’re just gonna have to make plays.
  • Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    Turnovers. Look what it did for us against the Mormons, and we were way better than them even without the fumbles and interceptions. Gotta get Fink/Slovis to cough it up and/or throw picks.
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

REAL football talk...

Tbh its not dropping LBs thats the biggest concern, I have enough faith in the secondary and they seem to enjoy the chance to play pass heavy teams. Weve? been able to shit on WSU because we can still stop their run and get to the QB with 3 guys rather easily. Im not sure thats going to be the case with SC. Their line doesnt look great, but stopping Carr with 3 guys (even though Helton is FS and doesnt give him the ball) is a tall, tall order. He is a fucking beast. That being said we definitely have the size to play 3 up front but other than Benning its going to be a lot of guys first rodeo. Lets hope they can ride.

Usually I'd agree with you, but I've been watching USC this year, and I just don't see a team that can run competently or consistently. Carr and Matavaea or whatever his name is are both studs. But the offensive line gets blown up against any DT's that have size. I think Harrell wants to be a more "balanced" coach than Leach, but he keeps abandoning the run at random times and falls in love with throwing up lobs for his WR to win one on ones.

• oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

Stavros or whoever came off the bench and beat Stanford. Given a week to think about it he lost to BYU then got hurt against Utah

So Fink comes in unconscious and lights it up

Now he gets a week to think about it and get all coached up so he is paralyzed by his reads

USC should bring in Braxton Burmeister as a QB coach to help him get his reads down before the game.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

REAL football talk...

Tbh its not dropping LBs thats the biggest concern, I have enough faith in the secondary and they seem to enjoy the chance to play pass heavy teams. Weve? been able to shit on WSU because we can still stop their run and get to the QB with 3 guys rather easily. Im not sure thats going to be the case with SC. Their line doesnt look great, but stopping Carr with 3 guys (even though Helton is FS and doesnt give him the ball) is a tall, tall order. He is a fucking beast. That being said we definitely have the size to play 3 up front but other than Benning its going to be a lot of guys first rodeo. Lets hope they can ride.

Care isn’t even their main RB. The Samoan is.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,583 Standard Supporter

1959, 1984, and 2016 USC gave UW their only loss of the season.

We got that out of the way early so I like our chances here. Its going to be a war, a battle, an ordeal, and test of will and strength. And stuff

Yeah! Fuck you Alabama we kicked your ass!!!

Huh?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,368 Founders Club
    Did I say post season?

That's what I thought
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

REAL football talk...

Fucking autocorrect makes every post of mine an illiterate clusterfuck. Maybe I should start posting on a desktop like the Blue Hairs that post here.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,368 Founders Club

REAL football talk...

Fucking autocorrect makes every post of mine an illiterate clusterfuck. Maybe I should start posting on a desktop like the Blue Hairs that post here.
    Dont blame us for your shortcomings

Phone 81% of the time. Laptop the rest
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,873 Founders Club

1959, 1984, and 2016 USC gave UW their only loss of the season.

We got that out of the way early so I like our chances here. Its going to be a war, a battle, an ordeal, and test of will and strength. And stuff

A call of duty for our? players...
    Leave it on the field

Empty the tank burn the boats

Put on the TNT vests
    Is @PurpleBaze working for Adidas now?