Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cindy Crawford's Niece Update

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,028
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Rows for Washington and medaled this summer at the U-23 World Championships.

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

USMChawk said:

Does she really row for UW, or dis she just get admitted to row for UW?
    #loriloughlin #stillwood

Interesting story. She never rowed in HS but was an elite XC ski racer in Steamboat Springs and tall enough. She is still on the team.
    How many teenage XC skiers are there? I would assume one would be elite simply by showing up.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,310
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

USMChawk said:

#loriloughlin #stillwood

Interesting story. She never rowed in HS but was an elite XC ski racer in Steamboat Springs and tall enough. She is still on the team.
    It’s not uncommon for us* to take great athletes who have never been in a boat and turn them into world class rowers. I’m not sure how many sports are left where you can start it at age 18 and be great, but rowing is one of them.

Here’s one good example:

Anna Cummins (née Mickelson, born March 21, 1980 in Seattle, Washington)[1] is an American rower who won a gold medal at the 2008 Summer Olympics and a silver medal at the 2004 Summer Olympics in the women's eight. At the FISA World Rowing Championships in 2006, Mickelson won the gold medal in the women's eight with a new world's best time of 5:55.50, and with partner Megan Cooke, she placed 4th in the women's pair. At the FISA World Rowing Championships in 2007, Mickelson won the gold medal again in the women's eight and won the "B" final in the women's pair.

Anna grew up in Bellevue, Washington. She graduated from Newport High School. In high school, she ran varsity cross country and track; she played varsity basketball. She attended the University of Washington where she began rowing. She was a member of Washington's Varsity Eight (first boat) which finished second at NCAA Championships in 2000 and won the NCAA Championship in 2001 and 2002. Washington also won the team championship in 2001. She also won an NCAA championship in 1999 in the Varsity Four (third boat), her first year of rowing. She graduated from the University of Washington with a bachelor's degree in communications. She married Dr. Bob Cummins on December 22, 2007.[1]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Mickelson
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

USMChawk said:

#loriloughlin #stillwood

How many teenage XC skiers are there? I would assume one would be elite simply by showing up.
    She must have been pretty kick ass. She got a schollie without ever having been in a boat.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

USMChawk said:

#loriloughlin #stillwood

I showed up, wasn't elite
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,931
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    BearsWiin said:

USMChawk said:

#loriloughlin #stillwood

Is there mediocrity coitus?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

USMChawk said:

#loriloughlin #stillwood

Sounds like you were kind of a light weight
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

When is auntie coming to the cut for a regatta?

You row boat guys do call it a regatta, right?

I'll talk to my @Sources . I will be first in line for a selfie with auntie.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    This is really hard hitting stuff
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605

This is really hard hitting stuff

@puppylove_sugarsteel said no one liked my row boat hawt talk. What a dumby.
    He is a fool
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Needs mor tuff rugby hawt talk @UW_Doog_Bot
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

whlinder said:

USMChawk said:

#loriloughlin #stillwood

It’s not uncommon for us* to take great athletes who have never been in a boat and turn them into world class rowers. I’m not sure how many sports are left where you can start it at age 18 and be great, but rowing is one of them.

Here’s one good example:

Anna Cummins (née Mickelson, born March 21, 1980 in Seattle, Washington)[1] is an American rower who won a gold medal at the 2008 Summer Olympics and a silver medal at the 2004 Summer Olympics in the women's eight. At the FISA World Rowing Championships in 2006, Mickelson won the gold medal in the women's eight with a new world's best time of 5:55.50, and with partner Megan Cooke, she placed 4th in the women's pair. At the FISA World Rowing Championships in 2007, Mickelson won the gold medal again in the women's eight and won the "B" final in the women's pair.

Anna grew up in Bellevue, Washington. She graduated from Newport High School. In high school, she ran varsity cross country and track; she played varsity basketball. She attended the University of Washington where she began rowing. She was a member of Washington's Varsity Eight (first boat) which finished second at NCAA Championships in 2000 and won the NCAA Championship in 2001 and 2002. Washington also won the team championship in 2001. She also won an NCAA championship in 1999 in the Varsity Four (third boat), her first year of rowing. She graduated from the University of Washington with a bachelor's degree in communications. She married Dr. Bob Cummins on December 22, 2007.[1]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Mickelson
    Anna is a great example for sure. Hell half my class never rowed in HS. But that’s not as common now. Most of their recruits these days were elite HS rowers.

Rowboat is 81% rare human physics and 19% skill.
    This. Hanging with former rowboat guys makes me feel almost as short as hanging out with the basketball team.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    So rowboat is all about being tall, good technique, and in unison?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

So rowboat is all about being tall, good technique, and in unison?

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

So rowboat is all about being tall, good technique, and white?