Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

BYU

Comments

• Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Meek said:

BYU with a running quarterback who can handle getting through the first hit and their big o-line pushign forward to give space to their running backs will annihiliate our defense next week. i am very concerned that teams like hawaii and cal can launch into 90 yards drives to score at will by running the ball, qb options and inside slant short range passes.

we better score 50 next week to aviod the L

Uh, who's been saying that for 6 months? The one and only.. i could go on with this but whats the point. Enjoy a tight game. I know who'll win;)
    False.
    I was. BTW, Did u damone? Fuck no! Just go to your hole and hide until jan 3rd, like every year
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Meek said:

BYU with a running quarterback who can handle getting through the first hit and their big o-line pushign forward to give space to their running backs will annihiliate our defense next week. i am very concerned that teams like hawaii and cal can launch into 90 yards drives to score at will by running the ball, qb options and inside slant short range passes.

we better score 50 next week to aviod the L

Uh, who's been saying that for 6 months? The one and only.. i could go on with this but whats the point. Enjoy a tight game. I know who'll win;)
    False.
    I was. BTW, Did u damone? Fuck no! Just go to your hole and hide until jan 3rd, like every year
    Puppy loves men and their holes.
    It is well documented.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,259
    Swaye's Wigwam

phineas said:

USC is going to beat Washington too.

As much as I want to agree with you, their adoption of the Air Raid will keep this from happening.

We will run 6 or 7 DB's which is the best part of this defense. UW wins this game.
    LBs with coverage skills have been key to defending the Raid. We* do not have those.
    To further this, in the six Apple Cups of the Petersen era, there have been 12 interceptions, with fully one-third of those coming from linebackers. One pick-six each from a linebacker and a DB. And for the list of linebackers who dropped pick-sixes... everyone.gif

I'm seriously worried that this might be the year Leach gets it done. Linebackers in coverage have been critical to all of those plungerings.
    Wazzu could be, maybe, perhaps, best case scenario win the north.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

BYU stormed the field after beating #24 ranked CMSCH and his backup qb. If we lose to ths embarrassing ass program I'll fully be on the #firebush wagon.

On the FireBush wagon but not holding the head coach accountable?
    Are you new? You should see how much they blame position coaches.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

BYU stormed the field after beating #24 ranked CMSCH and his backup qb. If we lose to ths embarrassing ass program I'll fully be on the #firebush wagon.

Still beating the "there's no difference between position coaches it's all made up" drum?
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    UW should probably have some of these on hand, just in case.

• Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

phineas said:

USC is going to beat Washington too.

As much as I want to agree with you, their adoption of the Air Raid will keep this from happening.

We will run 6 or 7 DB's which is the best part of this defense. UW wins this game.
    LBs with coverage skills have been key to defending the Raid. We* do not have those.
    Wish I could tell you to DIAFF, but . . .

Faaaaaahk!!!!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    The north runs through WSU
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FirePete said:

The north runs through WSU

I like our chances if the Apple Cup decides the North yet again. I think there's a high probability it does and we get to here yet again how "this year is different".
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Still beating the "there's no difference between position coaches it's all made up" drum?
    They matter to some extent.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I've expressed my stance clearly other places.

Less than 9 wins and I'm thinking about @FirePete. 9 wins = coaching changes. 10 wins and more and it is what it is(Win a fucking NY6). Keep dumping bad weight and leveling up coaches/recruits.

We aren't getting Urbz, who else do you want? Plenty of talk about Jimmy Lake but he's completely an unproven commodity as a head coach. That's the entire list people have generated so far.

Uppercampus isn't firing Pete until the wheels completely fall off anyways. Better to call for changes that will happen than changes that won't.

Pete has shown an ability to fix things, even if slowly sometimes, and adjust course so I am willing to give him the opportunity to do so.
    This is a really good post. I agree with all of it except for the less than 9 wins part.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,599
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    If this team win less than 9 games in this mediocre conference coaching changes must be made.

Who knows? Maybe this year's Apple Cup will be one for the ages?

Keep a lookout for the special season to occur in 2022 as we inch closer to the end of the world. Can we at least see a natty before then? Please?