Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

BYU

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

FirePete said:

BYU stormed the field after beating #24 ranked CMSCH and his backup qb. If we lose to ths embarrassing ass program I'll fully be on the #firebush wagon.

I am more concerned with our defense than the offense . BYE does things that our defense is not good at defending.
    The defense has taken a step back at this point but has still only allowed 18ppg. Been watching BYU, they shouldn't score more than 28. Our offense should be able to do better than that.
    DOOOOOOOOOOG
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

BYU stormed the field after beating #24 ranked CMSCH and his backup qb. If we lose to ths embarrassing ass program I'll fully be on the #firebush wagon.

#firepete
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2019
    In 2018, UW's defense allowed 306 yards/game on average. BYU only put up 194 against us (and that's with only 1 turnover).

BYU's offense hasn't changed.

So even though UW has obviously regressed on D this season, our scheme is still going to be a bad matchup for their scheme.

31-13
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

On the FireBush wagon but not holding the head coach accountable?
    I've expressed my stance clearly other places.

Less than 9 wins and I'm thinking about @FirePete. 9 wins = coaching changes. 10 wins and more and it is what it is(Win a fucking NY6). Keep dumping bad weight and leveling up coaches/recruits.

We aren't getting Urbz, who else do you want? Plenty of talk about Jimmy Lake but he's completely an unproven commodity as a head coach. That's the entire list people have generated so far.

Uppercampus isn't firing Pete until the wheels completely fall off anyways. Better to call for changes that will happen than changes that won't.

Pete has shown an ability to fix things, even if slowly sometimes, and adjust course so I am willing to give him the opportunity to do so.
    Enough of the recruiting talk. Just win some fucking games. He has the fucking talent on the team to do it.
  • Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    If we get beat at the hands of that QB Wilson....

I may end up joining doogman just to make some sense of it all.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2019

is going to curb stomp us at their place

Oh, u said an easy UW win bitch. Comedy central fudgepacker;)
  • Options
    dannarc said:

This will most assuredly be the biggest game of our lifetim. BYU is rolling, beating marquee programs, who have question marks going into this season. We have alot of work to do on the defensive front, i think our offense can keep us alive. Can the D keep the score down and give the offense a shot? The gayme is 6 days from now and i am shaking, and about ready to drink bleach with lemon....

Road game, hostile environment........We need a miracle, and pant stripes asap

U claimed a uw victory too...oh wait a minute, u have 300 posts, all within the last 3 weeks, u werent here then like all your fuckstick groupthinkers here...u get a pass. Well not really
  • Options
    Meek said:

BYU with a running quarterback who can handle getting through the first hit and their big o-line pushign forward to give space to their running backs will annihiliate our defense next week. i am very concerned that teams like hawaii and cal can launch into 90 yards drives to score at will by running the ball, qb options and inside slant short range passes.

we better score 50 next week to aviod the L

Uh, who's been saying that for 6 months? The one and only.. i could go on with this but whats the point. Enjoy a tight game. I know who'll win;)
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

is going to curb stomp us at their place

Oh, u said an easy UW win bitch. Comedy central fudgepacker;)
    Ummmm...he said the opposite. Idiot.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    phineas said:

USC is going to beat Washington too.

As much as I want to agree with you, their adoption of the Air Raid will keep this from happening.

We will run 6 or 7 DB's which is the best part of this defense. UW wins this game.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

On the FireBush wagon but not holding the head coach accountable?
    I've expressed my stance clearly other places.

Less than 9 wins and I'm thinking about @FirePete. 9 wins = coaching changes. 10 wins and more and it is what it is(Win a fucking NY6). Keep dumping bad weight and leveling up coaches/recruits.

We aren't getting Urbz, who else do you want? Plenty of talk about Jimmy Lake but he's completely an unproven commodity as a head coach. That's the entire list people have generated so far.

Uppercampus isn't firing Pete until the wheels completely fall off anyways. Better to call for changes that will happen than changes that won't.

Pete has shown an ability to fix things, even if slowly sometimes, and adjust course so I am willing to give him the opportunity to do so.
    It's shit like this that reminds me why I love you.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    I just said BYU was going to curb stomp us... what do you want you senile old fuck?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

phineas said:

As much as I want to agree with you, their adoption of the Air Raid will keep this from happening.

We will run 6 or 7 DB's which is the best part of this defense. UW wins this game.
    LBs with coverage skills have been key to defending the Raid. We* do not have those.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,313
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

phineas said:

LBs with coverage skills have been key to defending the Raid. We* do not have those.
    To further this, in the six Apple Cups of the Petersen era, there have been 12 interceptions, with fully one-third of those coming from linebackers. One pick-six each from a linebacker and a DB. And for the list of linebackers who dropped pick-sixes... everyone.gif

I'm seriously worried that this might be the year Leach gets it done. Linebackers in coverage have been critical to all of those plungerings.