Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pic/Gif thread - recent home improvement / maintenance projects

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,898
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Good thing I trust my wife! This was me on my lunch break today.

Comments

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I've spent about 22 hours over the last couple of weeks in a full face respirator, diamond-grinding concrete because my alcoholic concrete sub couldn't pour a flat slab if his life depended on it. Everything from a single walk-behind to a double row 22-incher and back to 7" and 4 1/2" cup grinders for the low spots and edges. I'm on my second 6.5 hp Shop Vac, in spite of HEPA filter and a dust collector. I'll be rolling on the epoxy and polyurea this weekend, then it's on to hanging conduit and pulling wire.

If anybody needs a two sets of Dyma-Dots for an Edco grinder, I'll sell them to you cheap less ass-rapingly expensive.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Did Byron Hadley at least give you and your boys some of the finest Bohemian brew?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Did Byron Hadley at least give you and your boys some of the finest Bohemian brew?
    I've been told by @RaceBannon that flat roofs are the worst. Fortunately, I only have about 20 sq ft of flat roof. Only took 30 mins and didn't even burn 1 beer's worth of calories
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,821
    You realize you can hire people who can do this shit, right?

Two remodels in the next 9 months already contracted. The palatial mountain lodge about to be completely gutted.

#shiplap

• Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Got to wash the car

If Race "Lucille" Bannon had a rack like that, @Swaye wouldn't have gotten a vote.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,541
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2019
    Today replaced the hydrant out by the shop - these things last forever and in 12 years I have replaced 2, this time with just a normal faucet.

Last Sunday, put in 40 feet of fencing so the goats could use a new area - just had to box it in. In process of removing 150 foot of fencing and posts because I shrunk the chicken area by half.

Never ending project - approximately 30 foot dia pond that is 42-48 inches deep - about 25000 gallons. Will be taking the summer shade cloth off and putting winter bird netting up. Need to go wading to cut back some lily pads and other vegetation that is dying off.

In process of cutting and splitting 10 2-3 foot rounds of fir and painting the upstairs walls and floors.

Trying to get the heavier stuff done as I have arthroscopic clean out of my shoulder on the 24th.

Edit - will try to get some pix in the next couple days.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,863
    Standard Supporter
    I need to get a few things repaired at my place. But I've been working so much lately that I just don't have the energy to send my landlord an email.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,486
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    The one condition my wife had for the house we bought is that all of the interior trim would be painted white. Kind of a shame because it's high quality mill work. Fucking HGTV.

Got a killer deal on a John Deere rider last weekend though, which cut (pun intended) my mowing time from 90 minutes down to 25 minutes.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    I'm putting the home office together over the next couple months

Gonna be dope ass
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm putting the home office together over the next couple months

Gonna be dope ass

Mini fridge full of claw?
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

Today replaced the hydrant out by the shop - these things last forever and in 12 years I have replaced 2, this time with just a normal faucet.

Last Sunday, put in 40 feet of fencing so the goats could use a new area - just had to box it in. In process of removing 150 foot of fencing and posts because I shrunk the chicken area by half.

Never ending project - approximately 30 foot dia pond that is 42-48 inches deep - about 25000 gallons. Will be taking the summer shade cloth off and putting winter bird netting up. Need to go wading to cut back some lily pads and other vegetation that is dying off.

In process of cutting and splitting 10 2-3 foot rounds of fir and painting the upstairs walls and floors.

Trying to get the heavier stuff done as I have arthroscopic clean out of my shoulder on the 24th.

Edit - will try to get some pix in the next couple days.

I'm sure you already know this, but just in case: The mistake people make with hydrants is not knowing that they're self-draining when they're closed. There's a two-way valve inside that's either source to faucet or drain to faucet. The mistake people make is throttling them like any other faucet, thus leaving the valve open to the ground and the supply at the same time. Hydrants should be either wide open or fully closed (to drain, for freeze protection). If they're anything in between, you're filling the ground around the base (which should be several cubic feet of drain rock) with water, leading to rust/corrosion and eventual failure--let alone an unnecessarily high water bill if you're metered (my county decided water is made out of gold...).

Back to home projects, today's going to be a slow day for me. A rare day when I'm off from work but projects aren't pressing, as I'm waiting for my shop floor to dry before rolling on epoxy. I'm going to caulk a few slab edge gaps, make sure everything's up off the floor, then maybe head down to the basement and dick around on the lathe for a bit. Helping my buddy adapt some wheels for a street tracker that he's building out of an old Yamaha XT500. He put the fork/triple off my brother's '15 FZ07 on it (I adapted a GSXR600 front end onto that bike a few years ago), now he's trying to get an old 19" Sportster wheel to adapt onto that fork. Needs a ~1 mm axle sleeve, brake rotor spacers, and wheel spacers, so I'll be busy.

Hopefully shop floor epoxy this evening, polyurea top coat in the morning, and begin conduit and wiring in earnest next weekend. I just may yet get heat into this bitch before it gets too cold...