Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We're #23!!!!

Comments

• Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,170
    edited September 2019

Miami 2001 would have trampled - I'm using the word TRAMPLED - 2005 Texas. 1991 probably would have too.

Say what you will about 1991 Miami, their defense was stingy af and didn't give up points.

The team that led the nation in rushing, was third in total offense and third in scoring never got inside the Miami 20-yard line, ran for only 82 yards and gained 171 yards in total offense.

Not top 25? What are you smoking ese?

The historic computer rankings play out my narrative objectively. UW's strength of record is way better.

Here is just one link to one system you're probably familiar with, through the 2012 season.

https://www.huskermax.com/rating.html
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

GTFO with this trash, Trojan bootlicker. 2010 Auburn at #41 and none of Chip's teams made the list. lol. What a dumb list.

None of Chip's team should make the list my dude. He coached some good teams but w/o a title you don't get to play.

Those are the rules. I didn't write them.
    Faulty logic, half the teams on that list have "NONE" next to the "Titles" section. In addition to that, teams that didn't actually play and win a championship game, on the field, or play in an actual championship game, belong on the bottom of the list, after the teams that have.
    Jesus tittay fucking Christ OBK. 91 Washington would have curb stomped any team in the history of Oregon by 14 pts or more.
    2010 Oregon wins rather easily. 2014 Oregon wins too.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam

GTFO with this trash, Trojan bootlicker. 2010 Auburn at #41 and none of Chip's teams made the list. lol. What a dumb list.

None of Chip's team should make the list my dude. He coached some good teams but w/o a title you don't get to play.

Faulty logic, half the teams on that list have "NONE" next to the "Titles" section. In addition to that, teams that didn't actually play and win a championship game, on the field, or play in an actual championship game, belong on the bottom of the list, after the teams that have.
    Jesus tittay fucking Christ OBK. 91 Washington would have curb stomped any team in the history of Oregon by 14 pts or more.
    Shut the fuck up.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,668 Standard Supporter
    edited September 2019

Jesus.You are deranged.

3-star Stan Empterman would have snapped every single skill player for Oregon in half. Then pissed on their lifeless bodies just for fun.

And then lit them on fire.

• digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,479
    If u consider a list compiled by ESPN is legit at all, I can't help you.

HTH
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228

2001 UM at #7 and UW 91 at #23?

Complete piece of shit pole, totally laughable, fuck off and die to whomever was dumb enough to have their stupid name associated with it.

That said, it's comical watching obk struggle and try to be one of the big kids.

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    MelloDawg said:

Not sure why the 1888 Yale team is so low. If you look at their tape, the defense is better than even their numbers suggested.

For real though. 0 PA the entire season

edited September 2019
    haie said:

Shut the fuck up.
    WSU doesn't have a horse in this race. Go back to your Pullman apartment and call it a night, cooglet.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,000
    edited September 2019
    Mad_Son said:

Miami 2001 would have trampled - I'm using the word TRAMPLED - 2005 Texas. 1991 probably would have too.

Say what you will about 1991 Miami, their defense was stingy af and didn't give up points.

The team that led the nation in rushing, was third in total offense and third in scoring never got inside the Miami 20-yard line, ran for only 82 yards and gained 171 yards in total offense.

Not top 25? What are you smoking ese?

The historic computer rankings play out my narrative objectively. UW's strength of record is way better.

Here is just one link to one system you're probably familiar with, through the 2012 season.

https://www.huskermax.com/rating.html
    Way better than what? Are we comparing 1991 UW to 1991 Miami? Because their respective SOS that season was comparable.

If you're linking me to some fucking computer model that ranks the best teams across years based on some algo, save it. It's as good as the guy who made it up and is no better at licking your finger, holding it in the wind and making an assessment based on judgment.

My comment was to your comment that 1991 Miami isn't even top 25, which is an absurd position. They belong there over 2000 Oklahoma, as but one example, rather easily. There aren't many defenses that could hold Nebraska under 100 yards rushing for a game back in those days. You can argue all you want about UW 1991 belonging in the top 10; you won't get any argument from me. But throwing Miami 1991 under the bus and out of the Top 25 to make your point is FS because their schedules weren't all that different and their common opponents make the comparison a little muddy.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,000
    dflea said:

2001 UM at #7 and UW 91 at #23?

Complete piece of shit pole, totally laughable, fuck off and die to whomever was dumb enough to have their stupid name associated with it.

That said, it's comical watching obk struggle and try to be one of the big kids.

It's a USC / Bama /Oklahoma fuck fest. Give me a break.

1988 Notre Dame? Sure they won the title but all fucking time? They needed a complete shit call that the whole world knows about to keep from losing at home. Fuck those guys.
    dflea said:

What's comical is a school that's never played in the big game once, thinking they can run with the big dogs. Thinking their program is more elite than a school that's played in 9% of the BCS/Playoff era championship games.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228

dflea said:

What's comical is a school that's never played in the big game once, thinking they can run with the big dogs. Thinking their program is more elite than a school that's played in 9% of the BCS/Playoff era championship games.
    See what I mean?

lol

Everyone can see our? crystal football with their own eyes. They can also see your envy. So fuck off.
    Teams with voted 'natties' want them to still mean something today, but they lost value in the BCS era, and lost even more in the playoff era. A 12 game season (or less if you go back further in time) with no conference championship, no playoff semi-final, no championship game, is a joke compared to today's metrics. A voted half natty is worth a few Sven bucks, and that's about all.
    dnc said:

Teams with voted 'natties' want them to still mean something today, but they lost value in the BCS era, and lost even more in the playoff era. A 12 game season (or less if you go back further in time) with no conference championship, no playoff semi-final, no championship game, is a joke compared to today's metrics. A voted half natty is worth a few Sven bucks, and that's about all.

Please keep screaming this. So far your five year campaign has convinced you, only 50 million or so more CFB fans to go!
    Even doogs understand (but will never admit) that voted natties are not equal to those won on a field over the course of what is now a 15 game season for whoever wins the championship. You need to take a long, hard look in the mirror if you don't get it. I don't really care if that pisses off a bunch of troogs and doogs beating their chests over voted 'wins' from a bygone era when championship games never existed. 12-0 UW from 1991 = 12-0 Oregon from 2010. Had you played and lost to Miami, there would be no natty for you. But you never had to play the game. That's why the voted half natty is a joke.