Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Incredible viewer photos & videos of Saturday’s lightning show

Comments

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,977 Founders Club
  • 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    I am 100% against this game stoppage bullshit for lightening. Christ, only 20 people a year in the US die from lightening strikes. Play the fucking game!

100 people die in the US every year from bee stings. Are we going to stop football games if a bee is sighted withing 10 miles of the stadium?

We are a cuntry of fucking pussys!!!!!111!!11!!
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club

89ute said:

I am 100% against this game stoppage bullshit for lightening. Christ, only 20 people a year in the US die from lightening strikes. Play the fucking game!

100 people die in the US every year from bee stings. Are we going to stop football games if a bee is sighted withing 10 miles of the stadium?

*lightning
    Lightening up
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    89ute said:

Make em play if Mt Rainer finally erupts during the fucking game I always say!

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
    Spent about 55 years in the northwest. Summer thunderstorms were not uncommon, usually a couple a year. For years we thought our lightning didn't hit the ground. And volcanoes were extinct. So anyway not the case

I've also been at games in the fall during monsoon rain. Not often but it happened

Never saw both in September at Husky Stadium. Weather delays happened in the midwest and northeast and down south

I almost died at Tall Chief on the 11th green when a bolt just missed me
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,487 Standard Supporter

Spent about 55 years in the northwest. Summer thunderstorms were not uncommon, usually a couple a year. For years we thought our lightning didn't hit the ground. And volcanoes were extinct. So anyway not the case

I've also been at games in the fall during monsoon rain. Not often but it happened

Never saw both in September at Husky Stadium. Weather delays happened in the midwest and northeast and down south

I was 20-30 feet directly across from a power pole that was hit. Terrifying. Loudest sound I'll ever experience.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,764 Founders Club

I was 20-30 feet directly across from a power pole that was hit. Terrifying. Loudest sound I'll ever experience.
    Loudest sound of your lifetim.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,487 Standard Supporter

Loudest sound of your lifetim.
    Rather easily.