Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

So what’s the fucking deal with this White Claw craze?

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,780
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2019

When I pour at fests this shit is what they ask for. It's basically Lecroix plus vodka; lazy bitches can't even make their own vodka soda anymore?

BRB, rebranding my dry cider as "Apple Hard Seltzer"

Actually now it occurs to me to mix up a keg of flavored soda water, and just let them think it's 5% instead of 0.5%. Beer fests need tipsy people but could do with a lower "White Girl Wasted" quotient.

I've poured Lecroix and vodka over ice and found it very unsatisfying. But I basically think vodka is worthless except in BMs.
    The Throbber drinks that shit every fucking night. Lecroix (plain/sparkling water, not that flavored shit) a splash of Key Lime juice and copious amounts of cheap ass vodka. Tall plastic tumbler.

Except the fucking nights when he goes ballz deep into Caesars which are scientifically proven far superior to Marys. And the occasional nights when the rye gets busted out and then it's on.

And edibles. Gots to have the edibles.
  • Options
    GoDuxGoDux Member Posts: 24
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper

When I pour at fests this shit is what they ask for. It's basically Lecroix plus vodka; lazy bitches can't even make their own vodka soda anymore?

Actually now it occurs to me to mix up a keg of flavored soda water, and just let them think it's 5% instead of 0.5%. Beer fests need tipsy people but could do with a lower "White Girl Wasted" quotient.

I've poured Lecroix and vodka over ice and found it very unsatisfying. But I basically think vodka is worthless except in BMs.
    The Throbber drinks that shit every fucking night. Lecroix (plain/sparkling water, not that flavored shit) a splash of Key Lime juice and copious amounts of cheap ass vodka. Tall plastic tumbler.

Except the fucking nights when he goes ballz deep into Caesars which are scientifically proven far superior to Marys. And the occasional nights when the rye gets busted out and then it's on.

And edibles. Gots to have the edibles.
    Your my idol.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Homemade Zima or GTFO

• Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,908
    Swaye's Wigwam

My gf does thst plus Newman Lemonade.
  • Options

What I will never understand about the Claw crowd is they already sell gin and tonic in a can. Why would one drink vodka when gin tastes infinitely better?

Some of us? don't like the taste of bile and pine needles.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

What I will never understand about the Claw crowd is they already sell gin and tonic in a can. Why would one drink vodka when gin tastes infinitely better?

Some of us? don't like the taste of bile and pine needles.

I feel bad for you Throbber. I wish you could enjoy the good life of delicious gin.

• Options

Poont of clarification, White Claw is not based on vodka or another neutral spirit. It's a neutered malt beverage just like Zima, Mike's or any other shitty alcopop. Otherwise, it couldn't be carried in the groceries beer & wine section.

The more you know....

Still down with vodka.

• Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Poont of clarification, White Claw is not based on vodka or another neutral spirit. It's a neutered malt beverage just like Zima, Mike's or any other shitty alcopop. Otherwise, it couldn't be carried in the groceries beer & wine section.

Sure, that may be what it is made of, more for tax purposes than anything, but even the common name "spiked seltzer" shows what they are trying to mimic with this creation. Basically, you are what you taste like...No, eww. Ok, your beverage style is what it tastes like.

Also, Boston Beer's "Truly" brand, that has about 30% of market to White Claw's 60%, is just made from cane sugar.

(Nobody better fucking call me Malt Liquor Market Superiority Guy!)
  • Options

Sure, that may be what it is made of, more for tax purposes than anything, but even the common name "spiked seltzer" shows what they are trying to mimic with this creation. Basically, you are what you taste like...No, eww. Ok, your beverage style is what it tastes like.

Also, Boston Beer's "Truly" brand, that has about 30% of market to White Claw's 60%, is just made from cane sugar.

(Nobody better fucking call me Malt Liquor Market Superiority Guy!)

Don't even make me go there.

#throbberroots

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,573
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I'm having a claw at 7:51 am while waiting at the car wash.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,297
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gas station down/convenience store down the hill from me has a walk-in beer fridge because life is awesome. I'm walking out with a sixer of Coco Jones and a couple of tall boys of Arrogant Bastard last night as two bros are walking in. I overhear one to the other: "Are we really gonna get some Claw?"

HH in real life moment.

I make fun of my wife about 10 times per day for burning through cases of "fizzy water" like it's a magical youth serum. "You're one of the people marketers love: the kind who can be easily convinced to actually pay for water because it's in a colorful can and has a millionth of a cent worth of carbonation in it."

One day I open the fridge, and there's a six pack of some shit called "Truly" in it. I'm like, "What the fuck is this?"

"They actually make alcoholic fizzy water now. I had to try it."

To Mrs. 1to234245weretaken's credit, she found it disgusting and reverted to drinking big, hairy-chested man's drinks the second those things were gone. I was still disappointed, though.

I went from having no idea this shit even existed to not being able to walk down the street without hearing somebody mention it in like a week. Some young marketing school grad is driving a Ferrari somewhere...
  • Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

It's just funny that this shit goes in cycles and each young kid of each generation think they're the first to fucking do it or try it. From eternal Grandpa Race to youthful and exuberant BTP, every generation of young horny male has bought cheap flavorless alcohol to make the panties drop.

So much this. FFS all the times some young dumbass has wanted to teach me about IPA or craft beer in general, or thinks he has created some new cocktail that's (almost) as old as Race...
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,267
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I see it as a response to lazy millennials’ desire to have consumable products packaged in a way that doesn’t require them to do anything but open, consume and throw away.

Get out bowl, pour cereal, add milk, eat, wash bowl? Pfffft that’s too much effort, would rather open yogurt, eat and throw away cup. Yogurt sales up, cereal sales down.

Same shit with booze. Can’t be bothered to make their own drinks with mixers cause that’s a multi step process.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,469
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

I see it as a response to lazy millennials’ desire to have consumable products packaged in a way that doesn’t require them to do anything but open, consume and throw away.

Get out bowl, pour cereal, add milk, eat, wash bowl? Pfffft that’s too much effort, would rather open yogurt, eat and throw away cup. Yogurt sales up, cereal sales down.

Same shit with booze. Can’t be bothered to make their own drinks with mixers cause that’s a multi step process.

It’s tuff to find the time when ur busy running the world. 💯💯💯