Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

You have $1000...

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I've never shot a gun in my life. I'd probably go to the bar and try to find a redneck chick to protect me
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Could I use my existing Remington 870 and Mrs. Lebam's Desert Eagle - then spend the grand on box wine from Costco at #12.99 per - that would be 76 boxes.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I've never shot a gun in my life. I'd probably go to the bar and try to find a redneck chick to protect me

Get to work Sally!
  • YouKnowItYouKnowIt Member Posts: 539
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Sledog said:

You need at least 3 guns. A rifle pistol and shotgun. For a little more than a grand you could get a Smith & Wesson AR sport 5.56, a Mossberg 500 8 shot pump 12 gauge and a S&W M&P 9mm, .40 or .45 pistol. These all work. Not all the greatest but fairly well proven. Sub in any decent quality handgun in that price range. More importantly you need to know how to use them.

Won't be able to afford the ammo...
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,707
    Swaye's Wigwam

Backstory:

My cabin got fucking robbed. Totally cleaned out. Fuckers just smashed in the windows and walked off with everything from electronics to kitchenware. Booze cabinet totally gone, which is easily a few grand all by itself. They didn’t take the guns for some reason, probably because they suck. All we had up there was a basic .22 rifle that I learned to shoot on as a kid and my great grandfather’s old double barrel shotgun. They did take my grandpas ka-bar from WWII. That one really pisses me off...

I’m guessing they made sure nobody was home before cleaning it out due to the sheer volume of stuff they removed (they must have had a truck or van). But the smashed windows make me wonder how sophisticated they really were.

Regardless, I’m reevaluating my defensive fortifications and armory.

Nothing sucks like getting ripped off. Its a rage inducer
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,657
    edited September 2019

Backstory:

My cabin got fucking robbed. Totally cleaned out. Fuckers just smashed in the windows and walked off with everything from electronics to kitchenware. Booze cabinet totally gone, which is easily a few grand all by itself. They didn’t take the guns for some reason, probably because they suck. All we had up there was a basic .22 rifle that I learned to shoot on as a kid and my great grandfather’s old double barrel shotgun. They did take my grandpas ka-bar from WWII. That one really pisses me off...

I’m guessing they made sure nobody was home before cleaning it out due to the sheer volume of stuff they removed (they must have had a truck or van). But the smashed windows make me wonder how sophisticated they really were.

You don’t have staff on site year round at your compound?!?

Sounds poar. The Throbber can hook you up with some illegals at a reasonable weekly fee. And they’ll mule coke in as a value add.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Backstory:

Especially when it’s stuff that’s a family heirloom. That stuff is irreplaceable.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    Standard Supporter

Backstory:

That sucks. How remote are we? talking on this cabin?

I usually carry or have my pistol close by day-to-day, but without exception carry when camping, hiking or any place off the beaten track. You simply can't expect anyone to help you in those circumstances and shit does happen. Ten+ years ago, a mother and her daughter were murdered on the trail to Lake 22 east of Granite Falls. That's a fairly busy trail in season but no one saw anything and the bodies weren't discovered for a day or more. Far as I know, that's never been solved.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    Standard Supporter

Backstory:

would be alright with me if they treated the thieves like they did the old cattle rustlers. Same goes for care thieves and the asshole who sawed off my catalytic converter on my 4Runner.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Backstory:

I usually carry or have my pistol close by day-to-day, but without exception carry when camping, hiking or any place off the beaten track. You simply can't expect anyone to help you in those circumstances and shit does happen. Ten+ years ago, a mother and her daughter were murdered on the trail to Lake 22 east of Granite Falls. That's a fairly busy trail in season but no one saw anything and the bodies weren't discovered for a day or more. Far as I know, that's never been solved.
    I've actually hiked that trail

About ten years ago
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    Standard Supporter

Backstory:

I've actually hiked that trail

About ten years ago
    That's some dark shit dude.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    More like 25 years ago. But have been there
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    Swaye's Wigwam

Backstory:

That sucks man sorry to hear it. Odds are that they weren't going to go there when someone was home though. Decent wireless cameras are cheap these days or if you want really cheap go for some motion detection game cameras.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited September 2019
    How many landmines can I get for $1000?

Then dig a few pit traps filled with exposed wooden spikes from wood I cut for free.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Backstory:

Especially when it’s stuff that’s a family heirloom. That stuff is irreplaceable.
    Yeah that’s the only part I’m really mad about. The rest is stuff that can be replaced. That knife was handed down to me when he passed away.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,478

Backstory:

When you live rural no one will hear them smash windows. It's just simple any handy object will work. Also the most popular way to burglarize homes in So. Cal. and hardly ever get a call on the noise made by breaking the glass. Most burglars now will knock on the door and when there is no response they kick in the front door or go around back and break a sliding door glass or a pane in a door with small windows. No need to carry burglar tools which they can be arrested for.

Always tell you significant other to respond to knocks at the door. Don't open it just talk through it. If I'm home I'd sit quietly and wait.......
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Sledog said:

Backstory:

When you live rural no one will hear them smash windows. It's just simple any handy object will work. Also the most popular way to burglarize homes in So. Cal. and hardly ever get a call on the noise made by breaking the glass. Most burglars now will knock on the door and when there is no response they kick in the front door or go around back and break a sliding door glass or a pane in a door with small windows. No need to carry burglar tools which they can be arrested for.

Always tell you significant other to respond to knocks at the door. Don't open it just talk through it. If I'm home I'd sit quietly and wait.......
    When people come knocking we pretend we aren’t home because 99/100 it’s Mormons/Witnesses/Non-Profit do gooder asking for money/kids selling magazines.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My wife is hooked on the doorbell cam app that allows you to not only see your house but what's happening in the neighborhood

There are a lot of kids roaming the sidelines in the middle of the night trying to see if they can get in a house