Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Nobody knows more about weather than Trump. Believe me!
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,951
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Fuck off Yahoo News Liar.

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Fuck off Yahoo News Liar.

Since you are quoting the NWS. I'll do the same.

Since you don't live down here I'm sure you don't know how often their forecast change...Aug 30 and 31 had Dorian having a chance at hitting Alabama. When they updated the models it didn't. You are so 'orange man bad' that you are trying to bash a guy for quoting a couple hour old information.

Cause your blinded by hate.

And a moron.

Not a good combination.

From Aug 30:

Maybe he should be more like CNN?

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2019
    The palatable disappointment on the left over not having a tragedy to blame on Trump is amusing and sad at the same time

Imagine a party of science that blames GOP presidents for hurricanes
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Since you don't live down here I'm sure you don't know how often their forecast change...Aug 30 and 31 had Dorian having a chance at hitting Alabama. When they updated the models it didn't. You are so 'orange man bad' that you are trying to bash a guy for quoting a couple hour old information.

And a moron.

Not a good combination.

From Aug 30:

Houston likes information from two days prior. You are ok with the president not having the most up to date information? Sad!
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

And a moron.

Not a good combination.

From Aug 30:

Houston likes information from two days prior. You are ok with the president not having the most up to date information? Sad!
    At this point what difference does it make?
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    Standard Supporter

The palatable disappointment on the left over not having a tragedy to blame on Trump is amusing and sad at the same time

Imagine a party of science that blames GOP presidents for hurricanes

Well of course Trump is responsible. It's a racist hurricane.

2001400ex said:

And a moron.

Not a good combination.

From Aug 30:

HondoFS...5pm Aug 31 to morning Sept 1 is now “two days prior”.

Must suck going through life being bitter and stupid...
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,253
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited September 2019
    2001400ex said:
    Another thread where one liberal ass hat lied (again) and another moron liberal goose stepped right along with the lie. What a couple of losers.

The ol' dependable meteorological "scientists" thought originally that it was going to cut right through FL and into the gulf which would have impacted Alabama.

One thing is for sure, meteorological science is anything but exact. They could no more predict this hurricanes path or behavior than flap their wings and fly. The same group of some "scientists" who have repeatedly declared our imminent death due to first the Great Freeze and now MMGW which is going to kill us all evidently in 11 years and 4 months.

I could stand on my front porch in the morning with my coffee and a microphone and predict the weather as well as these nut jobs.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658
    edited September 2019

2001400ex said:
    Another thread where one liberal ass hat lied (again) and another moron liberal goose stepped right along with the lie. What a couple of losers.

The ol' dependable meteorological "scientists" thought originally that it was going to cut right through FL and into the gulf which would have impacted Alabama.

One thing is for sure, meteorological science is anything but exact. They could no more predict this hurricanes path or behavior than flap their wings and fly. The same group of some "scientists" who have repeatedly declared our imminent death due to first the Great Freeze and now MMGW which is going to kill us all evidently in 11 years and 4 m onths.

I could stand on my front porch in the morning with my coffee and a microphone and predict the weather as well as these nut jobs.
    Michael Lewis has a pretty lengthy section in his book "The Fifth Risk" on the National Weather Service. Weather is a big money business. Lots of people depend on reliable predictions which begat things like AccuWeather and The Weather Channel. But at the end of it all, it's still educated guessing. Much more reliable than standing on one's porch . Dare I say, go stand on the porch and tell me what's going to happen in 5- to 10- days. You probably would bat about .500, at best. The longer the timeframe, the less certainty of the prediction. Even the most sophisticated models get less reliable the farther out into the future one goes. Hell, that's why this whole the planet is going to die in 11 years is bullshit -the historic data spreads over eons and the green nutcases think they can condense that into a tight window. That's insane. Their level of uncertainty is massive. Could be 11 years, could be 11,000 years, could be 11 million years.....

Where the NWS has improved is the ability to model potential outcomes and determine the combination of conditions that indicate Mother Earth getting pissed off. Specifically, the book detailed readiness and alerts for tornadoes, and how the government communicates the severity of potential storms. Aside from accuracy of predictions, the seismic shift has been in how the NWS communicates WHAT to do in the event of a storm. They used to be like "hey, there's a tornado coming" and people would just shrug and say "well, d'uh - I can stand on my porch with a cup of coffee and predict that. Nothing happened last time I stood on my porch so I'm going to keep standing on my porch". Now, it's more "Get the fuck into an designated shelter spot NOW - we are relatively certain bad shit is coming down the pike in this band of terriotry". Even the pours can understand that.

The spoiler alert is that Lewis eventually ties that storm warning into an analogy relative to the voting populace kneejerk reaction to political candidates and the unintended consequences of following the two fringe ends of the political spectrum in response to something they don't like....which explains but but Trump as a Not Hilary vote.

TL;DR, I know. Read the book. It's a good one. Here's some joobs.

• BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,253
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    The Joobs are always appreciated.

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

The Joobs are always appreciated.

Not by hondo
    edited September 2019
    HondoFSJr (and this former Daily Kos writer) now think hurricanes are magic and just disappear when they hit a peninsula. Or maybe when it hits hump day.

Not sure which one of the three of you is dumber...
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658

This dumbfuck snowflake literally can't ever admit he's wrong on anything, no matter how trivial it is.

@insinceredawg are you on a flat monthly retainer fee from the TDS Foundation or a commission/bonus structure like Hondo?

• insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HondoFSJr (and this former Daily Kos writer) now think hurricanes are magic and just disappear when they hit a peninsula. Or maybe when it hits hump day.

Not sure which one of the three of you is dumber...

JFC you admitted yourself he made a mistake based off of outdated info. It's an honest mistake and any normal person can acknowledge they were wrong and move on. Because Trump is such a narcissist and his ego is so fragile, he literally can't ever admit he was wrong on anything, ever. The funniest part is seeing the Trumptards on this board go through the mental gymnastics to try to rationalize and make sense of his bullshit.