Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Another case of a degenerate sponsoring a degenerate

2»

Comments

• DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

Man, I have real mixed feelings on this one. I've spent a lot of time here this last year because, as we all know, this place can be a bit of an addiction. Like the drug addict who keeps moving the line to justify not being a total shithead, I kept telling myself, "I'll lurk, but I won't post there because I'm not a shithead." Then it was, "I'll sign up ironically and post a few things, but I won't embrace it because I'm not a shithead." Then it was, "I'll catch full blown Hardcore Husky AIDS, but I at least won't support it financially because I'm not a shithead. And I may want to run for office someday..."

I think it's time to just admit that I'm a shithead...

This place is pretty much spot on with my sense of humor. I think sometimes a few people go way too far past exaggerated-for-comedic-irony racism/sexism/homophobia and either intentionally or, maybe worse, unintentionally post something that looks an awful lot like the real thing, but 81% of what's here is harmless fun that you just can't find anywhere else. It's also the place where I can talk football in exactly the way that I would talk football over a few pitchers at the bar: talking shit, calling out players and coaches, being real. It's the same with TSIO, which brought me here.

BUT

You always have to take the bad with the good, and there are downsides to both of those reasons above that I love this place. On the one hand, the "safe space" for humor here is refreshing. On the other hand, it can sometimes attract the types who just want to prove they're the biggest edgelord, and it's a terrible look. And the Tug exists... On the one hand, the "safe space" for talking shit and calling out the program as you see it is refreshing and entertaining. On the other hand, it's right out there in public.

It's those downsides that have prevented me from donating up to this point (I'm a poor, but not that poor). I love Hardcore Husky (if this place keeps track of time logged on, I'll always have an alibi in any trial), but I also think it's bad for Washington football and frequently mean to a bunch of kids, the majority of which are about to have their dreams of playing professional football crushed anyway. It's a weird catch-22, as I think this forum would be perfect if it were a private members-only affair, but then I never would have found it and joined if that were the case.

TL;DR: I'm a liberal hippy pussy who's genuinely concerned about the players' feelings while at the same time laughing at the joke, and I don't know what that says about me. I'm also tired of all of the race shit around here, yet the concept of WTE and BTE is one of the funniest things ever to me, and I wouldn't want that kind of joke being suppressed.

Anyway, I'll keep doing what I do, and I'm flattered that that's appreciated. I'm NOT a freeloader, though. In light of this thread, it's time to just come to terms with what I am:

I'll buy my own damned WAM badge, so let's pass this donation on to another one of us loosers.

I always have mixed feelings about this place. I laugh at most the shit but also cringe at most the shit. I just ignore the AIDZ and random race war outbreaks. You can always take a step back until it wears off.

I went from a Roof and Doogman lurker only (no poasting) and listening to TSIO. Then I finally signed up here. Then I started poasting a little. Within 6 months I donated. Another 6 months and I was poasting daily.

A year and a half later, I’ve somehow become a mod, I poast non-fucking-stop, check the site all goddamn day, have over 500 gifs saved that I only use here (haven’t gotten to the point of saving other losers poasts for trolling yet but I’m sure it’ll come), and actually actually talk about the funny shit that is on this site (told my wife your gameday story this morning, and she has confirmed we won’t be having kids ever).

I’m just like you man, not sure if I belong with the heathens and degenerates that rule this place. But if we are being honest, it is a paradise where you can discuss it all in the safety of others that are like you in varying degrees.

You’re a shithead. And that’s ok.
    Can a brother get a link to this gameday story? TIA

@CFetters_Nacho_Lover

Original:

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/comment/1145198#Comment_1145198

Immortalized by Swaye:

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/62404/to-swaye#latest
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

You're in too deep now, plausible deniability is gone.

@BallzDeep
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

You're in too deep now, plausible deniability is gone.

@BallzDeep
    @Ballz
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

Does it make more sense to use the sponsorship $ to grade a lower level donor instead of a zero level donor?
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Tis the season for giving.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Does it make more sense to use the sponsorship $ to grade a lower level donor instead of a zero level donor?

That's what @MisterEm did for me.

TYFYS
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

*upgrade
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    Swaye said:

Anyone who is fully comfortable with this place within three years of their first post has something wrong with them mentally. This shithole defines "acquired taste." And that's why I love it. If you get it, eventually, cool AF. If not, FUCK OFF AND DIE IN A HOLE FULL OF NAPALM.

A decade in and I still cringe at some shit. But whatever. This place is the tits. Thunderdome. Fuck your feelings. Refreshing.

Yikes.

You think I should seek some kind of help?