Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Beyond parody’: PolitiFact rules 100% real photo of Biden w/former KKK ldr Bob Byrd as mostly-false

Comments

• Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,302
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Libs lie. Its what they do. Who they are.

This example shows just how pathetic they are.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I believe this was also Scotty's big "Gotcha" just a few weeks back. Byrd wasn't a Grand Wizard therefore who ever posted this was a "liar."

• Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Not to be outdone lefty Snopes chimes in........

Snopes is here to explain to us how Joe Biden’s inaccuracy-filled war story wasn’t really all that false

https://twitchy.com/jacobb-38/2019/09/01/snopes-is-here-to-explain-to-us-how-joe-bidens-inaccuracy-filled-war-story-wasnt-really-all-that-false/
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,862
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    For the most part I like websites like Snopes and various other fact-checkers.

But I have noticed that if, say, there's talk of something bad about Democrat that is going around, they will write about how there's a little bit of missing context which, if left out, makes them look worse it will say "Mostly false", but then if there's something bad about a Republican that is mostly false, they will put "mixed" or something.

And honestly I try to read it this shit as objectively as I can. I am no stranger to having an open mind. Just what I have noticed.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,709
    Liberal hacks. Highly slanted and false.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

For the most part I like websites like Snopes and various other fact-checkers.

But I have noticed that if, say, there's talk of something bad about Democrat that is going around, they will write about how there's a little bit of missing context which, if left out, makes them look worse it will say "Mostly false", but then if there's something bad about a Republican that is mostly false, they will put "mixed" or something.

And honestly I try to read it this shit as objectively as I can. I am no stranger to having an open mind. Just what I have noticed.

Can you give an example where something against a democrat was mostly false but something against a republican was a mixture? Here's a couple stories.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/joe-biden-war-hero-story/

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/sarah-palin-russia-house/
  • Options
    DJDuck said:

What is the point you are getting at? This is what Snopes is fact checking. That statement is mostly false and they rated it as much.

“Biden with Grand wizard of KKK. So who again is playing you, lying to you, using you for the votes, Creators of the KKK, opposed civil right [sic] of blacks. Yup thats [sic] the Democratic party.”

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/biden-kkk-klan-wizard/
  • Options
    Wonder why this thread died.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    You posted in it
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

You posted in it

I know. Facts kill your circle jerk.
  • Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    A conservative meme gets rated a lie because it contains a lie and seemingly this makes deej’s snatch sore. No doubt he appreciates the ass tonguing though Blob.
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2019
    Sure Scott. As usual your understanding leaves something to be desired.

No wonder your world view is so screwed up when you can’t even analyze a simple article or post accurately.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,302
    edited September 2019
    Snopes is a joke. It always has been. Oh, and it is horribly biased. It was clear that the Clintons stole 200K worth of furniture and artifacts from the WH when they left. Snopes said the story wasn't true. By Snopes accounting (which they provided no proof of) it was only 50K they stole. In reading their conclusions it is very clear that they were shielding the clintons.

When Ben Carson found out that someone had ordered a $31,000 piece of furniture, Carson cancelled the order. Snopes concluded that it was true that Carsons office was ordering 31K worth of furniture. for some nitwit like the hondo's of the world, they read the conclusion and nothing else. Therefore, snopes told them that Carson was guilty of such waste of tax payer money. In listening to lib pundits and triggered tweeters, they swallowed the lies as well.

To argue that snopes and factcheck are accurate is to exercise ones ignorance.

Then you can count how many "facts" there were that were reviewed for Reps and then for libs. The Reps were focused on heavily.

If you look at who financially supports Politifact or factcheck.org, you see a looooong list of far far left liberal "foundation" money.

I think at last check, Republicans were given a "pants on fire" rating 59 times this year thus far. The dems were given a fraction of that. After all the lies about Trump and collusion, the lies that have never come true from our lib press, the fact checking sites spent their time on Trump and Reps.

• Options

Snopes is a joke. It always has been. Oh, and it is horribly biased. It was clear that the Clintons stole 200K worth of furniture and artifacts from the WH when they left. Snopes said the story wasn't true. By Snopes accounting (which they provided no proof of) it was only 50K they stole. In reading their conclusions it is very clear that they were shielding the clintons.

When Ben Carson found out that someone had ordered a $31,000 piece of furniture, Carson cancelled the order. Snopes concluded that it was true that Carsons office was ordering 31K worth of furniture. for some nitwit like the hondo's of the world, they read the conclusion and nothing else. Therefore, snopes told them that Carson was guilty of such waste of tax payer money. In listening to lib pundits and triggered tweeters, they swallowed the lies as well.

To argue that snopes and factcheck are accurate is to exercise ones ignorance.

Then you can count how many "facts" there were that were reviewed for Reps and then for libs. The Reps were focused on heavily.

If you look at who financially supports Politifact or factcheck.org, you see a looooong list of far far left liberal "foundation" money.

I think at last check, Republicans were given a "pants on fire" rating 59 times this year thus far. The dems were given a fraction of that. After all the lies about Trump and collusion, the lies that have never come true from our lib press, the fact checking sites spent their time on Trump and Reps.

Ben Carson admitted to CNN that they received the furniture. Which makes either Ben or your a liar.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/did-ben-carson-purchase-a-31000-dining-set-and-charge-it-to-hud/

And Clinton was investigated by a republican house committee and they found nothing illegal.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hillary-clinton-stole-white-house-furniture/

Again you are comparing apples to oranges. Regardless, both articles are written fairly to each side, presenting facts. It's clear that facts bother you and you think something is a liberal source just because they called out someone on your side.
  • Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    DJDuck said:

No wonder your world view is so screwed up when you can’t even analyze a simple article or post accurately.

and by "desired" as usual you mean you wish people wouldn't call out conservative lies.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    GDS said:

DJDuck said:

and by "desired" as usual you mean you wish people wouldn't call out conservative lies.
    Do you draw a big distinction between a Klan member who is a Grand Wizard and Klan member who is an exalted cyclops? Is one more excusable than the other in your mind Scotty?
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

GDS said:

DJDuck said:

Do you draw a big distinction between a Klan member who is a Grand Wizard and Klan member who is an exalted cyclops? Is one more excusable than the other in your mind Scotty?
    I think he can understand that people change and what they did in the 40s isn't relevant to the 2000s.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,709
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

GDS said:

DJDuck said:

I think he can understand that people change and what they did in the 40s isn't relevant to the 2000s.
    Not according to the democrat party. Kavanaugh much?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

GDS said:

DJDuck said:

40s? What the fuck are you talking about? He didn't filibuster the Civil Rights Act in the 1940s you fucking barely literate moron.

Do you fucking know anything other than how to lie and act like a Kunt?
  • Options
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

GDS said:

DJDuck said:

Not according to the democrat party. Kavanaugh much?
    Again, the bar for a supreme Court Justice is a little different than someone Biden shook hands with 10 years ago.