Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The walk away is undefeated

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Had a client today insisting that we schedule her project NOW. I've been telling her we are booked solid through October. We're me and my backer with the GC licence and cash and we split the embarrassingly high profit margin we go in at. Kids, find a niche that nobody else is in and exploit it. This is Yellow's non political board so lets just say magic fairy dust has bestowed several million dollars of business on us. I came out of semi retirement to execute it.

At any rate, I finally said after her third time asking me to go ahead and give the job to someone else and I won't take it personally.

Can you fit me in November?

Of course we can.

Comments

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,310
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,522
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I like to call it the turn n burn. That’s what I like to do.
  • Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,065
    Founders Club
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861

Had a client today insisting that we schedule her project NOW. I've been telling her we are booked solid through October. We're me and my backer with the GC licence and cash and we split the embarrassingly high profit margin we go in at. Kids, find a niche that nobody else is in and exploit it. This is Yellow's non political board so lets just say magic fairy dust has bestowed several million dollars of business on us. I came out of semi retirement to execute it.

At any rate, I finally said after her third time asking me to go ahead and give the job to someone else and I won't take it personally.

Can you fit me in November?

Of course we can.

This is true.

So true. My father taught me this early on. “Doog_de_Jour, you must always be willing to walk away from a negotiation.”

I see it as not only the ultimate power move, but also the highest form of self care.

That's hot.

I can see why @Swaye is still on a restraining order.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,938
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

50/50 split on the free pub here with @UW_Doog_Bot . He’s the oil man but my daddy went to middle school on the hill in Long Beach where this scene is set.
  • Options

PurpleJ said:

50/50 split on the free pub here with @UW_Doog_Bot . He’s the oil man but my daddy went to middle school on the hill in Long Beach where this scene is set.
    You severely underestimate the throbber's breadth of experience in building massive wealth and owning multiple compounds.

A third for a quarter, biyotch.

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,257
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Grandpappy bot was one of the oilmen that built the hill.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,938
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Grandpappy bot was one of the oilmen that built the hill.
    Long Beach, CA, cool fucking city man!

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @UW_Doog_Bot, you're an oil man? In what capacity?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Family has been in the industry since before WW2. I ended up in the industry after a very circuitous path around 2013 or so. I manage large capital projects for my current company.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,922
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Here I am all proud of my recent victory to rich pour and I come and read this thread.

FYFMFE

• Options

Here I am all proud of my recent victory to rich pour and I come and read this thread.

FYFMFE

That's how the Throbber felt when oil fell to $28 per bbl.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Family has been in the industry since before WW2. I ended up in the industry after a very circuitous path around 2013 or so. I manage large capital projects for my current company.
    Man, I'm on the very opposite end of the spectrum: Lowly operator. Allows me to keep living in the area, though, so I'll take it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Man, I'm on the very opposite end of the spectrum: Lowly operator. Allows me to keep living in the area, though, so I'll take it.
    Being a company man in town isn't a bad gig if you managed to get it.

Plus, there's going to be a huge vacuum in management when all the boomers croak.

Sure as hell beats my friends with shoe shine degrees and student debt slinging coffee.
  • Options

Plus, there's going to be a huge vacuum in management when all the boomers croak.

Sure as hell beats my friends with shoe shine degrees and student debt slinging coffee.
    Anything related to geology is a massive void of talent. Petroleum engineering, mining engineers, anything to do with extraction industries are going to be pretty well fucked in less than 10 years. The brain drain will be massive.

And despite what the greenies think, the need for industrial minerals and oil isn't going to slow down any time soon. Lithium is the new hot play but WTF has been our exploring for lithium?!? Am aware of several projects now in Nevada but lithium was like a shit mineral for the gold and silver hounds out there turning over rocks.

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter

Anything related to geology is a massive void of talent. Petroleum engineering, mining engineers, anything to do with extraction industries are going to be pretty well fucked in less than 10 years. The brain drain will be massive.

And despite what the greenies think, the need for industrial minerals and oil isn't going to slow down any time soon. Lithium is the new hot play but WTF has been our exploring for lithium?!? Am aware of several projects now in Nevada but lithium was like a shit mineral for the gold and silver hounds out there turning over rocks.

And to think that people at UW called Geology 101 “Rocks for Jocks”.