Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

China Blinks

13»

Comments

• Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,562
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Trump needs to keep pushing. Enough of this thieving China. I know it upsets the liberals on here to no end, but 500 billion in deficits and trillions upon trillions of theft is hurting our fellow Americans. The Chinese have decimated my industry by dumping their capacity here at prices so low it put dozens of corporations out of business and put thousands out of work.

When Trump announced the tariffs the first time, it was to have an impact on our business. The Chinese aren't stupid though, they have been investing for years in Taiwan so they quickly switched where they made their products to Taiwan and shipped them from there. Trumps team shut that down but it just goes to show China is not concerned about playing fair or being honest.

Deficits are not the issue, even though Trump thinks it is. Deficits are a zero sum statistic. Yes we pay more than what we get from them, but China let’s Americans a consumer driven economy, to buy cheap stuff. This is about political influence and IP theft.
    Let me know when China cracks down on IP theft as a result of the tariffs.
    When their economy craters nobody will give a crap.
    Craters meaning they are only having 6% GDP growth?
    Smallest gain in 27 years and declining. Yes, GDP growth of 6% and below is devastating for a Chinese economy that has a debt to GDP ratio of over 200% and still relies on government subsidization for said growth. China getting 10% growth is like the US getting 1% growth. 6% is devastating, and if they get closer to 2-3% the house of cards will fall.
    I thought debt doesn't matter again. That's what Rush told us.
    Debt itself is relative. Debt to GDP ratio is an issue. A family making $100k a year with $300k debt in student loans, car loans, home loan, and unsecured credit is much worse off than a family making $500k a year with $700k of the same debt.
    You missed the joke.
    You shouldn't be looking here when the joke is in your hand.