Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

China Blinks

Comments

• Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,562

Trump needs to keep pushing. Enough of this thieving China. I know it upsets the liberals on here to no end, but 500 billion in deficits and trillions upon trillions of theft is hurting our fellow Americans. The Chinese have decimated my industry by dumping their capacity here at prices so low it put dozens of corporations out of business and put thousands out of work.

When Trump announced the tariffs the first time, it was to have an impact on our business. The Chinese aren't stupid though, they have been investing for years in Taiwan so they quickly switched where they made their products to Taiwan and shipped them from there. Trumps team shut that down but it just goes to show China is not concerned about playing fair or being honest.

Deficits are not the issue, even though Trump thinks it is. Deficits are a zero sum statistic. Yes we pay more than what we get from them, but China let’s Americans a consumer driven economy, to buy cheap stuff. This is about political influence and IP theft.
    You clearly have not lost a job or known someone who lost a job to cheap Chinese dumping. My industry had 30 American competitors 15 years ago. Today it is only my company and 3 Chinese competitors. They have taken all the margins out of the industry and if they could they would do this to every single manufactured product in the USA. They undercut our farmed products in most cases by 60% which is one of the big reasons we have the massive farm subsidy program we have. Having manufactured and sold chemistry for the farming industry in the past, I can tell you horror stories about the Chinese torturing our farmers whenever they feel like doing damage to us. China likes our soybeans. It is 52% of the total ag exports we send over there and it is hardly at fat margin pricing. They have killed margins on cotton. They took all the clothing manufacturing jobs with their sub-human wages and then to add insult to injury when they have a surplus they dump cotton here in the USA for less than half the cost that it can be grown here. They shouldn't be allowed to do that. So not only are all of our own textile mills shuttered but they are putting their own cotton into the clothing and then exporting it here. God knows how many this kind of unbalanced trade has effected negatively.

The more businesses they put out of business, the more beholden we are to China. This goes way beyond your "zero sum statistic" conclusion.

Every country in SA and Europe limits what we can do. Even Mexico and Canada has made it difficult by some rules and protectionism they practice.. This is not a fair and balanced trade situation we are in and it hurts the American worker. It is long over due for being addressed.

The reality is, China provides us nothing we can't do on our own. The argument that Chinese products save the consumer money is somewhat naive. Retailers sell at perceived market value margins. None of the retailers are Chinese owned which is why a pair of Nike shoes that cost next to nothing to make sells at such an outrageous price. I was told several years ago by a Nike employee that if they made the shoes here it would be $5.00 more per pair of shoes. Hardly a bank buster. Nike would be stupid to pass on the money saved by going to Chinese textile mills. Apple? The same as Nike. Steel purchasers? They aren't passing along the Chinese steel savings. Electronics? They are stealing our tech and then putting our labor out of work by exporting our own inventions to us. Power meters are a perfect example of that happening as well.
    We're at full employment dumbfuck Alt. If you want those jobs back riveting the top button to ball caps you better be ready to import a lot of Chinese workers to do those jobs.
    so you agree we? are at full employment?

We've been there for years.
    What "years" might this/these be?
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,837 Standard Supporter

Trump needs to keep pushing. Enough of this thieving China. I know it upsets the liberals on here to no end, but 500 billion in deficits and trillions upon trillions of theft is hurting our fellow Americans. The Chinese have decimated my industry by dumping their capacity here at prices so low it put dozens of corporations out of business and put thousands out of work.

When Trump announced the tariffs the first time, it was to have an impact on our business. The Chinese aren't stupid though, they have been investing for years in Taiwan so they quickly switched where they made their products to Taiwan and shipped them from there. Trumps team shut that down but it just goes to show China is not concerned about playing fair or being honest.

Deficits are not the issue, even though Trump thinks it is. Deficits are a zero sum statistic. Yes we pay more than what we get from them, but China let’s Americans a consumer driven economy, to buy cheap stuff. This is about political influence and IP theft.
    You clearly have not lost a job or known someone who lost a job to cheap Chinese dumping. My industry had 30 American competitors 15 years ago. Today it is only my company and 3 Chinese competitors. They have taken all the margins out of the industry and if they could they would do this to every single manufactured product in the USA. They undercut our farmed products in most cases by 60% which is one of the big reasons we have the massive farm subsidy program we have. Having manufactured and sold chemistry for the farming industry in the past, I can tell you horror stories about the Chinese torturing our farmers whenever they feel like doing damage to us. China likes our soybeans. It is 52% of the total ag exports we send over there and it is hardly at fat margin pricing. They have killed margins on cotton. They took all the clothing manufacturing jobs with their sub-human wages and then to add insult to injury when they have a surplus they dump cotton here in the USA for less than half the cost that it can be grown here. They shouldn't be allowed to do that. So not only are all of our own textile mills shuttered but they are putting their own cotton into the clothing and then exporting it here. God knows how many this kind of unbalanced trade has effected negatively.

The more businesses they put out of business, the more beholden we are to China. This goes way beyond your "zero sum statistic" conclusion.

Every country in SA and Europe limits what we can do. Even Mexico and Canada has made it difficult by some rules and protectionism they practice.. This is not a fair and balanced trade situation we are in and it hurts the American worker. It is long over due for being addressed.

The reality is, China provides us nothing we can't do on our own. The argument that Chinese products save the consumer money is somewhat naive. Retailers sell at perceived market value margins. None of the retailers are Chinese owned which is why a pair of Nike shoes that cost next to nothing to make sells at such an outrageous price. I was told several years ago by a Nike employee that if they made the shoes here it would be $5.00 more per pair of shoes. Hardly a bank buster. Nike would be stupid to pass on the money saved by going to Chinese textile mills. Apple? The same as Nike. Steel purchasers? They aren't passing along the Chinese steel savings. Electronics? They are stealing our tech and then putting our labor out of work by exporting our own inventions to us. Power meters are a perfect example of that happening as well.
    We're at full employment dumbfuck Alt. If you want those jobs back riveting the top button to ball caps you better be ready to import a lot of Chinese workers to do those jobs.
    Jeezus you are a complete idiot. I mean you are the dumbest of the dumb MF'ers.

Many of the industries we have lost meant the loss of high 5 and low 6 figure jobs/careers you no talent, non-thinking, waste of time. In my industry alone, all of my competitors prior to the Chinese invasion were employing thousands of people starting out with company paid insurance, assorted other benefits and above middle class wages. And those are just the admin people. Supervisors and sales were making well above the starting wages. Those were manufacturing jobs, not minimum wage jobs. Careers, not the pit stop that is McDonalds.

Textiles were already headed toward automation when the Chinese put 90% of them out of business in this country. That would have meant skilled labor jobs in equipment maintenance, created jobs for engineers and robotic factories, etc.

We need upgrades for a lot of our full time jobs. Working full time in retail at this point in time is a short term thing. We need to be creating manufacturing companies and positions for people in retail and burger flipping to aspire and transition into.

Every time you open your idiotic mouth, I think to myself that you can't get any dumber. Then the inevitable happens and you prove me wrong.
    Great plan Alt. Make McDonalds employee's run multimillion dollar t-shirt manufacturing companies and pay them 6 figures. That will work out great!
    I'm done. Maybe someone else can attempt to clue you in. I will tell any brave soul in advance, owl is a lost cause, save your breath.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,943

I recall when you used to blow Obama and claim we were at full employment in the last two years of his Admin. How did unemployment fall lower from then if we were already at full employment Owl?
  • Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,562
    5>9 in Owl's cranial-rectal inverted world.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,541 Standard Supporter

So why is everybody freaking out about slowing job growth?

You can only put so much water in a full glass.

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    2001400ex said:

Let me know when China cracks down on IP theft as a result of the tariffs.
    When their economy craters nobody will give a crap.
  • DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    Who is Alt, ADHD?
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

Craters meaning they are only having 6% GDP growth?
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,963
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sounds like a grand place. You should move there.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

It's your hero that thinks GDP growth is all that matters.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

It's your hero that thinks GDP growth is all that matters.
    And yet you keep bringing it up to support China
  • GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Smallest gain in 27 years and declining. Yes, GDP growth of 6% and below is devastating for a Chinese economy that has a debt to GDP ratio of over 200% and still relies on government subsidization for said growth. China getting 10% growth is like the US getting 1% growth. 6% is devastating, and if they get closer to 2-3% the house of cards will fall.
    It’s upto 300% now.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Smallest gain in 27 years and declining. Yes, GDP growth of 6% and below is devastating for a Chinese economy that has a debt to GDP ratio of over 200% and still relies on government subsidization for said growth. China getting 10% growth is like the US getting 1% growth. 6% is devastating, and if they get closer to 2-3% the house of cards will fall.
    I thought debt doesn't matter again. That's what Rush told us.
    edited August 2019
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Debt itself is relative. Debt to GDP ratio is an issue. A family making $100k a year with $300k debt in student loans, car loans, home loan, and unsecured credit is much worse off than a family making $500k a year with $700k of the same debt.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Debt itself is relative. Debt to GDP ratio is an issue. A family making $100k a year with $300k debt in student loans, car loans, home loan, and unsecured credit is much worse off than a family making $500k a year with $700k of the same debt.
    You missed the joke.
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

You missed the joke.
    Good deflection
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,876 Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

You missed the joke.
    No, he saw you.