Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Blazer Wagon

Comments

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

OKC is shit without Harden, Houston is fucked because D-12 has little interest in winning, San Antonio is ready to apply for Social Security, and the Clippers are the Clippers.

Like how the Sonics made the Finals with a garbage team, this will be a year the Blazers can do the same.

That team finished the season with the 10th most wins of all time. They played Da Bulls as well as anyone did in the Finals (and it was far and away Chitown's best team ever).

Garbage team my ass.

That was expansion rape year. Every decent team had an inflated win total.

In 95-96 the #7&#8 teams out west were .500 and under. Compare that to say, last year when #7&#8 were both 45-37.

So, getting the expansion rape along with about the worst Western Conference ever you get a garbage team winning a ton of games an breezing to the Finals.
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    I don't really follow the NBA but I'll give Portland credit for finally getting rid of the goons (aka Jail Blazers) and getting some solid citizens in there who can also ball.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Mosster47 said:

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

OKC is shit without Harden, Houston is fucked because D-12 has little interest in winning, San Antonio is ready to apply for Social Security, and the Clippers are the Clippers.

Like how the Sonics made the Finals with a garbage team, this will be a year the Blazers can do the same.

That team finished the season with the 10th most wins of all time. They played Da Bulls as well as anyone did in the Finals (and it was far and away Chitown's best team ever).

Garbage team my ass.

In 95-96 the #7&#8 teams out west were .500 and under. Compare that to say, last year when #7&#8 were both 45-37.

So, getting the expansion rape along with about the worst Western Conference ever you get a garbage team winning a ton of games an breezing to the Finals.
    Great cherry picked evidence, as always. What do you think the record of the 7th and 8th seed of the Eastern Conference will be this year? It ain't over .500.
  • Options

Mosster47 said:

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

Garbage team my ass.

Great cherry picked evidence, as always. What do you think the record of the 7th and 8th seed of the Eastern Conference will be this year? It ain't over .500.

Oh, were the fucking Seattle Super Sonics in the east??? I lost my map, help me out. The east is like the SEC, the middle and bottom are dreck, the top is amazing.
  • Options
    Mosster is pressing really badly in this thread.

Kemp and Payton were both 2nd team all-NBA selections and Detlef Schrempf made the all-star team the year prior and year after as well.

Hersey Hawkins and Sam Perkins were good NBA players as well.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

Garbage team my ass.

Oh, were the fucking Seattle Super Sonics in the east??? I lost my map, help me out. The east is like the SEC, the middle and bottom are dreck, the top is amazing.
    Is this guy for real?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Mosster47 said:

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

Garbage team my ass.

Ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure to introduce you to Mosster47FS.

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

A Blazers/Pacers finals would be refreshing.

When does David Stern retire?
    He won't need to he is going to die in a couple weeks

HTH

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    lillard taking over
  • Options
    This wagon is just about out of reach folks. This team doesn't have a power forward with 35 children or a point guard that was a Beaver. There are no Nazi's either.

Get on the Trail Bloozer wagon!!!
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Mosster47 said:

This wagon is just about out of reach folks. This team doesn't have a power forward with 35 children or a point guard that was a Beaver. There are no Nazi's either.

Sven and I are not letting you on
  • Options
    Mosster47 said:

Fuck, you are pressing badly.

Kemp was in the middle of making six straight all-star appearances while the Glove that year was the first and to date only PG ever to win defensive player of the year.

Continue to show that you know nothing about the NBA or the history of the game.

As for the notion that the 1995-96 season was "weak". Here was the first and second team all-NBA selections

First Team:

G- Penny Hardaway
    G- Michael Jordan
    F- Scottie Pippen
    F- Karl Malone
    C- David Robinson

Second Team:

G- Gary Payton
    G- John Stockton
    F- Grant Hill
    F- Shawn Kemp
    C- Hakeem Oljuwon

In the playoffs the Sonics defeated three of the top 10 players while having two of the top 10 players and ultimately losing to the other two of the top 5 players.

Weak year my fucking ass! BTW, 7 of those 10 are in the HOF with Grant Hill going to be 8. Kemp and Hardaway at that time were playing at a HOF level.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Mosster47 said:

Kemp was in the middle of making six straight all-star appearances while the Glove that year was the first and to date only PG ever to win defensive player of the year.

Continue to show that you know nothing about the NBA or the history of the game.

As for the notion that the 1995-96 season was "weak". Here was the first and second team all-NBA selections

First Team:

G- Penny Hardaway
    G- Michael Jordan
    F- Scottie Pippen
    F- Karl Malone
    C- David Robinson

Second Team:

G- Gary Payton
    G- John Stockton
    F- Grant Hill
    F- Shawn Kemp
    C- Hakeem Oljuwon

In the playoffs the Sonics defeated three of the top 10 players while having two of the top 10 players and ultimately losing to the other two of the top 5 players.

Weak year my fucking ass! BTW, 7 of those 10 are in the HOF with Grant Hill going to be 8. Kemp and Hardaway at that time were playing at a HOF level.
    Agreed

Seattle Kemp was amazing. It wasn't until he got to Cleveland when the cocaine won.
  • Options

Mosster47 said:

First Team:

G- Penny Hardaway
    G- Michael Jordan
    F- Scottie Pippen
    F- Karl Malone
    C- David Robinson

Second Team:

G- Gary Payton
    G- John Stockton
    F- Grant Hill
    F- Shawn Kemp
    C- Hakeem Oljuwon

Damn. Seeing all those names from the 90s makes me miss the NBA, and wonder why the league became so much less watchable.
  • Options

Mosster47 said:

First Team:

G- Penny Hardaway
    G- Michael Jordan
    F- Scottie Pippen
    F- Karl Malone
    C- David Robinson

Second Team:

G- Gary Payton
    G- John Stockton
    F- Grant Hill
    F- Shawn Kemp
    C- Hakeem Oljuwon

Agreed

Seattle Kemp was amazing. It wasn't until he got to Cleveland when the cocaine won.
    Agree, in Seattle Kemp was one of the best bigs in the game. He really outplayed Karl Malone in game 7 of that WCF in 1996 and was the best player on the court in the 1996 finals(MJ had an "off" Finals for his standards).

If someone after 1996 had said Kemp would only make two more all-star games the rest of his career nobody would have believed you.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Goddam I miss 90s NBA and the good Sonic teams. Now we have to watch this pussy shit pampering the best players of the NBA night in night out. They complain about every single call it is a dreckfest.

I remember when teams use to talk so much shit to each other and the game was really physical. You wanted to get to the line you had to really fucking earn it. Now all you have to do is put your shoulder down and jump into the defenders chest (who is standing straight up) to get a call.
  • Options

This years Blazers remind me of last years Knicks. Live and die by the three ball with great play from their 4 who is wanting to get paid.

I think the Blazers will win a playoff series which at the start of the year every Blazers fan would have taken it.

The west although deep doesn't have that one awesome team outside of the Spurs who are aging.

OKC has the best 1-2 punch in the NBA but after Ibaka they literally have no good players.

The Clippers have Paul and a great coach but I don't trust Griffin to be the 2nd best player on a title contender and DeAndre Jordan as the 3rd best player.

I think the Blazers can make it to the 2nd round and give either the Spurs or OKC all they can handle.

*BUMP*
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Safe to say these garbage Blazers won't be making the Finals.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,833
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited January 2014
    The Blazers remind me of the 2004-2005 Sonics. They were supposed to be about a 45 win 8 seed but they started out really hot. I don't see them getting past the Western Conference semis, but then again there doesn't seem to be that dominant 65 win Juggernaut so maybe it will happen.

Edit: I've barely followed the NBA pre - April ( besides the Sonics r.i.p.) since the 90s so I'm kind of talking out of my ass.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

The Blazers remind me of the 2004-2005 Sonics. They were supposed to be about a 45 win 8 seed but they started out really hot. I don't see them getting past the Western Conference semis, but then again there doesn't seem to be that dominant 65 win Juggernaut so maybe it will happen.

Edit: I've barely followed the NBA pre - April ( besides the Sonics r.i.p.) since the 90s so I'm kind of talking out of my ass.

Miami is a dominant team, in the west the spurs will be a dominant team come playoffs. They have Green, Diaw, and Ginobli off the bench along with Duncan, Leonard, and Parker who are a top 5 1-2-3 in this league.
    They will win the west