Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Why Chris Petersen Shat the Bed During USC Interview(s)

digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,502
edited December 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
I received a text this morning from a retired friend that said he read a CBS Sports Interview with Chris Petersen from earlier this season.

He said that if he ever came across like that in an interview, he wouldn't hire him in a second, even with his 92-12 record.

Read this article, it's worth your time. Maybe there's a reason this guy has been in Boise so long. Main excerpt included below for lazy fux. Sounds like the guy hates his job, hates what he does for a living. "Eh." WTF?:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/bruce-feldman/22890861/boise-states-petersen-divulges-secrets-to-broncos-success

Q: Is coaching as much fun now as --?

Petersen: No. Not even. There's so many times where I'm like, 'How in the hell did I get myself into this situation?' I think about it all the time when I started at UC Davis.

Q: Well, some guys probably are more comfortable with it, maybe because they know there's more of an ego component to it?

Petersen: I wish I was like that because I'd be a better fit for the job. I'm just not.

Q: Ten years from now what are the chances that you're still coaching?

Petersen: Oh my gosh. Ten years from now? I don't see that.

"How in the hell did I get myself into this situation?" Uh, you're in fucking Boise, ID. C'mon. He's like Jesus over there, I've heard Noise St. fans talk about him.

Sounds like one miserable fock to me.

Comments

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    WDWHA.

I called the guy the biggest pussy in coaching earlier this week and this article confirms it.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    edited December 2013
    Sounds like he hates the media, maybe I want him just to piss off kim
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
    That's disturbing
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
    dnc said:

Performance > Interviews

Performance in Boise = invalid data for further evaluation
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959

I received a text this morning from a retired friend that said he read a CBS Sports Interview with Chris Petersen from earlier this season.

He said that if he ever came across like that in an interview, he wouldn't hire him in a second, even with his 92-12 record.

Read this article, it's worth your time. Maybe there's a reason this guy has been in Boise so long. Main excerpt included below for lazy fux. Sounds like the guy hates his job, hates what he does for a living. "Eh." WTF?:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/bruce-feldman/22890861/boise-states-petersen-divulges-secrets-to-broncos-success

Q: Is coaching as much fun now as --?

Petersen: No. Not even. There's so many times where I'm like, 'How in the hell did I get myself into this situation?' I think about it all the time when I started at UC Davis.

Q: Well, some guys probably are more comfortable with it, maybe because they know there's more of an ego component to it?

Petersen: I wish I was like that because I'd be a better fit for the job. I'm just not.

Q: Ten years from now what are the chances that you're still coaching?

Petersen: Oh my gosh. Ten years from now? I don't see that.

"How in the hell did I get myself into this situation?" Uh, you're in fucking Boise, ID. C'mon. He's like Jesus over there, I've heard Noise St. fans talk about him.

Sounds like one miserable fock to me.

A lot of coaches are miserable fucks. The wins stop meaning anything and the losses haunt them. He's dumb for saying it in an interview though.
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,502
    dnc said:

Performance > Interviews

Yeah I get that, but did ya read the fucking article?!

The guy sounds like he's clinically depressed.

dnc said:

Performance > Interviews

Yeah I get that, but did ya read the fucking article?!

The guy sounds like he's clinically depressed.

So are we and so is Nick Saban.

Fuck, now I'm changing my mind on this...
  • BiggusDickusBiggusDickus Member Posts: 553
    I love Petersen having read that interview. All he cares about is process. That is what winning coaches care about. He might be Gil Dobie v2.0 if he came to UW.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

dnc said:

Performance > Interviews

Performance in Boise = invalid data for further evaluation
    Chris Petersen, 2 BCS wins
    All other Boise dreckfest coaches, 0 BCS wins

I'm not sure there's enough data to conclude Petersen's a great coach. I am sure there's enough data to conclude he's head than shoulders above Sven's favorite coaching candidate of 2004.

Go Alouettes!
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,561 Founders Club
    Read the whole thing and he sounds like a pretty awesome coach.

Makes more sense why he has stayed at Boise, dude just wants to coach and not talk about the bullshit with all the fucktards paid to dig it up.

His track record of sending guys to the NFL proves more than the W-L record his attention to detail and teaching players is having an impact.

I don't think he is driven to win the title at all costs which is alarming, but the byproduct of his focus and acuity is winning football and just might get there at the right place.

Whatever, fuck me.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited December 2013
    Doogles said:

Read the whole thing and he sounds like a pretty awesome coach.

Makes more sense why he has stayed at Boise, dude just wants to coach and not talk about the bullshit with all the fucktards paid to dig it up.

His track record of sending guys to the NFL proves more than the W-L record his attention to detail and teaching players is having an impact.

I don't think he is driven to win the title at all costs which is alarming, but the byproduct of his focus and acuity is winning football and just might get there at the right place.

Whatever, fuck me.

Nice Post. That is what I got out of it as well, and I agree it would be nice if he was a miserable asshole who was championship driven. However, he does seem to pride himself and coaching up players to make them the best players as possible and very process driven. The byproduct of that is often wins.

If he continued winning like that here, I could care less. But if he thinks Boise, ID media is rough, how in the fuck would he keep his sanity dealing with SEA media idjuts?
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,561 Founders Club

If he continued winning like that here, I could care less. But if he thinks Boise, ID media is rough, how in the fuck would he keep his sanity dealing with SEA media idjuts?

That's the poont. He won't come. I suck at the interwebs, but i'm pretty sure the side of that article had a live twitter ticker feed thing that said a Boise recruit just talked to Petersen and Petersen said he wasn't going anywhere.

FUSS 4 NUSS!

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

I'm not sure it would be worse for him here.

The Smurf Turfers are literally the only show in town. Boise DGAF about any other athletic program, and they don't have any pro sports. Yes, Boise is a much smaller town than Seattle, but it's a town that eats, drinks, sleeps and jacks off to Bronco football.

Most people in Seattle are only tangentially aware that Husky football is even a thing.

Sure, there's more media in Seattle but I don't believe for a second there's significant media pressure. Have you seen the Mariners lately?

Petersen would be able to much more anonymous in Seattle than in Boise.

Doogles said:

That's the poont. He won't come. I suck at the interwebs, but i'm pretty sure the side of that article had a live twitter ticker feed thing that said a Boise recruit just talked to Petersen and Petersen said he wasn't going anywhere.

FUSS 4 NUSS!

Yeah, I read that shit too and then the writer tweeted some shit like, "Oh, btw, that recruit committed last Sunday, UW job opened Mon."

• HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,686 Standard Supporter
    WHO CARES ABOUT THE MEDIA? THEY ARE ALL GOTCHA TYPES NOW ANYWAY WHO WOULD SACRIFICE THEIR 1ST BORN FOR A SCOOP TO ADVANCE THEIR CAREERS.

THE MEDIA FUCKING SUCKS AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW THAT BY NOW, THEN YOU SHOULD RETURN YOUR COMPUTER OR PHABLET BACK TO THE STORE AND TELL THEM YOU ARE TOO FUCKING STUPID TO OWN ONE IN THE FIRST PLACE.